This guy is suing GC because HE bought a guitar he didn't like?!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Dwills94, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

WTF, Ed Roman links on the TDPRI. That is like seeing a Jerry Springer commercial while watching tHe Super Bowl, [or TDF ;) ]

Not right... ;O

2. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Considering that guitar cost more that my truck (which I had checked out by a mechanic before purchase, duh) all I can say is... what a whiny SOB.

3. Sandia Man

Sandia Man Tele-Meister

I gotta get me one of those Goober hatsd

4. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I first saw Roman say Les Paul designed the SG in an "article" he wrote about through-neck guitars. He didn't just claim Les designed the SG; he claimed Les wanted it to be a through-neck, and Gibson was too cheap to build it that way -- and that's why Les wanted his name taken off of the guitar.

I thought that sounded like a ridiculous bit of fiction, but it's good to have it confirmed.

Makes me wonder what happened to this case. I'd love to think it went to court, and Ed Roman took the stand and testified that Les Paul designed the SG. And that GC's lawyers then took about 5 seconds to point out how completely worthless Ed's "expert testimony" was.

In my mind, that's what happened. :lol:

5. Teledelphia

Teledelphia Tele-Holic

This smells like an Ed Roman publicity stunt.

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Ed R can incite folks to be litigious from what I have heard. He has a real way with words, especially when you attempt to get money from him instead of too him. Not 1st hand, but I know folks who know folks that have had the displeasure... Or so they say they have...

7. Sleph

Sleph Friend of Leo's

Whether you like Ed Roman or not....and whether it's a setup or not...that guitar is a POS and GC should repair it, replace it or refund his money.

Gibson headstocks are notoriously flimsy and just because lots of musicians buy them and love them, doesn't make them less so.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  8. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Tele-Afflicted

+1

This guy is an idiot

9. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

He is getting what he wants by us talking about it

10. cmatthes

cmatthes Tele-Meister

What a pair of idiots.

11. Veitchy

Veitchy Tele-Afflicted

In Australia, goods have to be of merchantable quality (fit for the purpose intend) before you can sell them. Clearance stock or not. We inherit this old doctrine from English law. If America (a common law country) didn't, it seems odd that such a doctrine would not exist. If nothing else, there was not sufficient notice that this guitar was in this condition when he bought it. You guys must have a parallel law to that one...

12. TB72

TB72 Tele-Holic

How did I know I would see Ed Roman's name somewhere when I clicked on that link?

:rolleyes:

13. ianasdfg

ianasdfg Tele-Afflicted

Sorry to digress a little, but I'm really curious as to why he's getting static like that on the neck.

My Les Paul Standard (or any guitar I own) doesn't have any issues like that, or dead spots, in fact it sounds pretty awesome.

He clearly has a big flaw in his guitar, could it be wiring, something structural, etc?

14. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

no words

Attached Files:

15. telepath

telepath Friend of Leo's

Perhaps the buyer simply wanted a guitar that came with a ...soft... case.

Apologies.;)

Utter madness from whatever angle you look at it.
    Is that Ed Roman for real? How does he manage to do ordinary business with decent people?
    Astounding.

16. ianasdfg

ianasdfg Tele-Afflicted

I've just thought of a great new line in novelty Ketchup dispensers.

17. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

Not necessarily. If most of the people discussing the case -- regardless of their opinions of its merits or the guy who actually filed it -- are pointing at Ed Roman and saying "what an idiot," that's not good for him. Can't be what he wanted...unless, I suppose, he sincerely (and mistakenly) believes there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I don't believe Ed Roman's thinking went beyond the fact that this was an opportunity for him to -- once again, for the umpteenth time -- trash a competitor's product. I doubt he gave any real thought to whether or not the case would be discussed on Internet message boards, or what light such discussion would cast on him.

He strikes me as a guy who is monumentally unprofessional, lacking in class, insecure about his own products, and whose business is not doing very well. In my experience, those are the things that lead someone to trash the competition. Businesses that are doing well and know they're putting out a quality product just don't publicly crap on the other guys the way Ed Roman does.

18. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

" 'cause I had to have one because (insert name of favorite guitar hero here)
    plays one, and since I can't make mine to sound like his, it must be a POS".

19. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

20. porknblue

porknblue Tele-Holic

Not being informed that it was a clearance item with no refund/return accepted is the only issue I would have in this.

Having the opportunity to play it in the store, and then buying a substandard instrument, is only the fault of the buyer. Paying out that much money and not knowing all the charges and terms are also the buyer's fault.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.