This forum is making me crazy, last night I dreamed about Blowtorch!

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Over in the night, I got to dreaming about a big sale they were having at Costco. They said that everyone who could actually find a parking space at the sale, would get a ten-pound box of New York steaks. Well, me and the wifey were zeroed in on a handicap parking space, since we have a placard, when BLOWTORCH comes screaming up in the road across the fence from the parking lot.

He jumps out of the car, and throws one of his kids across the fence, who runs over and stands in the parking lot hogging the space. I get out of the car, and wrestle the kid out of the way, and my wife drives the car into the parking space!

Just as soon as she gets the car locked here comes Blowtorch fuming because I wrestled his kid out of the parking space. He jumps out of the car, and he's not wearing a shirt, his hair is standing on end in a fancy pompadour from what can only be a pound of pomade stuck to it, and he's wearing an old Epiphone LP slung around his neck with a really funky looking strap. He runs over and tries to take a swing at me, but somehow gets tangled up in the Epiphone, and falls into the fence, where he becomes entangled, and unable to free himself.

My wife and I take this opportunity to make our escape, while his kid hurls epithets at us. Before we get to the door, we see a guy in a tiny Smart Car who has a sign on his car that says security on it. We tell him there's a crazy man caught in the fence down the way, and to be careful how he approaches him. We go in and claim our steaks!

This is in no way presented as a true story, it is only a dream brought on by frequenting this forum. Apologies to BT, though he did make a good toss with the kid.
I got nuthin'.
NOPE!!!

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
I still get dreams set in my old school, sometimes sans trousers.
I left school in 1984.
It might be the dream faeries way of telling me that I've still got much to learn.
Including that there's no such thing as faeries.

My school-related dreams most seem to involve Junior High School (ages 12-14). And yes, trousers frequently seem to go missing.
Yeah. Might want to study some Sigmund Freud 101.
I have dreams about once a year or so about a girl I dated briefly in high school. That’s a long story that I won’t go into, but we both ended up with long happy lives with other people, and no regrets. We contacted each other several years ago almost accidentally, and have become friends late in life. We have no plans or intentions to ever meet again, but we found that we were not wrong about each other as 17-year-olds and we are very compatible on many levels. We both now realize that we really could have made a go of it, but we were simply too young at the time. Life sure is funny.
I have one of those.
We don't speak of it.
Yet it returns from time to time...

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yeah. Might want to study some Sigmund Freud 101.

I have one of those.
We don't speak of it.
Yet it returns from time to time...

It's funny how you remember those brief moments you spent together, and how THEY remember them. I knew a gal one time that had found "the love of her life" somewhere around a hundred and twenty-seven times at last count.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I lost a gf, I still have dreams about her and she is with one of my favorite dogs. She is always wearing a long skirt and the wind is blowing it and she keeps reaching down petting the dog and then putting her hand up as if there is glare and she is waving and smiling at me.

I never can reach her... it is late afternoon at a ranch (not mine) it seems like springtime...

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I lost a gf, I still have dreams about her and she is with one of my favorite dogs. She is always wearing a long skirt and the wind is blowing it and she keeps reaching down petting the dog and then putting her hand up as if there is glare and she is waving and smiling at me.

I never can reach her... it is late afternoon at a ranch (not mine) it seems like springtime...
Cool dream. I seldom have really good dreams. I've been plagued with bad dreams all of my life, when I do dream, but usually sleep pretty well. My dreams usually start out pretty good but invariably turn bad. I still have bad trucking dreams, and I haven't driven a truck hardly at all in the last twenty-five years. It's funny, although I had a pretty varied working career, it's the road and the trucks I usually dream about.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Cool dream. I seldom have really good dreams. I've been plagued with bad dreams all of my life, when I do dream, but usually sleep pretty well. My dreams usually start out pretty good but invariably turn bad. I still have bad trucking dreams, and I haven't driven a truck hardly at all in the last twenty-five years. It's funny, although I had a pretty varied working career, it's the road and the trucks I usually dream about.
I have a lot of good dreams... but I have a few recurring bad ones too.

From my childhood into adulthood, I used to have a dream about once a month where I was walking in a city that I did not recognize and I was walking next to a red brick building, I go around a corner and my dad is there (who died when I was a kid) and I'm super excited to see him and I start to hug him and he steps back, angrily, and says, "I am so disappointed in you. You have not done half the things you should have." I just freeze in the dream and just feel awful and I wake up.

When I was 28, I had the dream except this time when he said that, I didn't freeze. I just stood and looked at him and said, "You know Dad, I have had to find my own way and I've done pretty well. I'm not disappointed in me."

Never had the dream again.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have a lot of good dreams... but I have a few recurring bad ones too.

From my childhood into adulthood, I used to have a dream about once a month where I was walking in a city that I did not recognize and I was walking next to a red brick building, I go around a corner and my dad is there (who died when I was a kid) and I'm super excited to see him and I start to hug him and he steps back, angrily, and says, "I am so disappointed in you. You have not done half the things you should have." I just freeze in the dream and just feel awful and I wake up.

When I was 28, I had the dream except this time when he said that, I didn't freeze. I just stood and looked at him and said, "You know Dad, I have had to find my own way and I've done pretty well. I'm not disappointed in me."

Never had the dream again.
Not a dream, but I kind of know how you felt after your talk with your dad and standing up for yourself in the dream. I am kind of at peace now with my dad, after my daughter found where he had passed away and where he is buried.

It was good to know someone thought enough of him to see him buried, and to file not one but two obituaries in the local newspaper, one of which mentioned me as his son by name. I don't know why, but I'm at peace with the man who took me on the greatest adventures a lad could ever experience.

Boomhauer

Friend of Leo's
My Old Job haunts my dreams. I'm always late, don't know anyone, no one listens to me, and it looks like a tornado ripped through it.

I've been retired for 8yrs.
That's a sign of PTSD - it's been nearly 8 years and I've finally stopped having dreams about an old job of mine.

Now, having dreams of forum members? That's a legit sign that you're spending too much time on a site. Same goes for dreaming in video game. Dreams are how your mind processes thoughts and resets itself overnight, so if your brain "defaults" to forum mode, it thinks that's where its stasis should be. I've been there on both (site and videogame) counts.

drewg

Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like she’s still visiting you, and you her

suthol

Friend of Leo's
I used to have a lot of fun dreams when I was much younger, these days I don't wake up and find the sheets need washing.

Who knows, in another 15 or 20 years someone might be washing my sheets for a different reason