This forum is making me crazy, last night I dreamed about Blowtorch!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
This is one of the funniest posts I've seen here!

But Blowtorch wouldn't have been allowed in Costco without a shirt, so he couldn't claim the steaks anyway.
I dunno about that, he has been known to win an argument with Cynthia.

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Over in the night, I got to dreaming about a big sale they were having at Costco. They said that everyone who could actually find a parking space at the sale, would get a ten-pound box of New York steaks. Well, me and the wifey were zeroed in on a handicap parking space, since we have a placard, when BLOWTORCH comes screaming up in the road across the fence from the parking lot.

He jumps out of the car, and throws one of his kids across the fence, who runs over and stands in the parking lot hogging the space. I get out of the car, and wrestle the kid out of the way, and my wife drives the car into the parking space!

Just as soon as she gets the car locked here comes Blowtorch fuming because I wrestled his kid out of the parking space. He jumps out of the car, and he's not wearing a shirt, his hair is standing on end in a fancy pompadour from what can only be a pound of pomade stuck to it, and he's wearing an old Epiphone LP slung around his neck with a really funky looking strap. He runs over and tries to take a swing at me, but somehow gets tangled up in the Epiphone, and falls into the fence, where he becomes entangled, and unable to free himself.

My wife and I take this opportunity to make our escape, while his kid hurls epithets at us. Before we get to the door, we see a guy in a tiny Smart Car who has a sign on his car that says security on it. We tell him there's a crazy man caught in the fence down the way, and to be careful how he approaches him. We go in and claim our steaks!

This is in no way presented as a true story, it is only a dream brought on by frequenting this forum. Apologies to BT, though he did make a good toss with the kid.
C02607A5-6D4D-420E-96F8-2D1A901F9210.gif

bowman

Friend of Leo's
TD, that’s no dream, that story came straight from blowtorch’s autobiography. We all know he gave you an advance copy to proof read.

Recce

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I never dream about it, but one of my biggest gripes is LAZY ABLE-BODIED PEOPLE WHO PARK IN HANDICAPPED SPOTS.

My gym has 2 handicapped spots by the front door. They have the required huge blue/white logo stenciled on the tarmac, but no signage. Sure as heck, about every other day there's someone parked in them with no placard or tag. I go early in the morning - so I guess these folk don't think anyone is looking.
Ironically, when it's that early, there are spots available EVERYWHERE. So these folks must be lazy in addition to inconsiderate.

Now as winter nears, the odds of us mobility challenged individuals slipping and falling and breaking something are higher. So it would be nice if people would obey the law and let those of us who qualify park there.
I have this rule as long as I can walk and don’t need a handicap spot I won’t use one. I am still blessed with my health and being able to walk.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have this rule as long as I can walk and don’t need a handicap spot I won’t use one. I am still blessed with my health and being able to walk.
I have a placard and walk and play golf. The problem is, from time to time I have had, not trouble walking, but actually have not been able to. My wife had to walk home alone get the car and come back and get me when my artificial hip locked up, and I literally couldn't move. I was still standing in the exact same spot when she came back with the car. I had the devil's own time getting in the car. When we got home, I hoppity hopped into the house, and finally got straightened out.

To be truthful, the real reason though that I have the placard (though I am entitled to it) is that my wife has had two six-hour long procedures for her heart condition and will not have a placard even though she's clearly entitled to one. I use mine for her sake. That way she feels fine about parking close to where we are going.

The odd thing for me is that I've had my artificial hip going on ten years. Most times it's great, sometimes though, it hurts just like the old one, which makes no sense because the end of my leg is gone that would cause the pain.

Kandinskyesque

Friend of Leo's
I still get dreams set in my old school, sometimes sans trousers.
I left school in 1984.
It might be the dream faeries way of telling me that I've still got much to learn.
Including that there's no such thing as faeries.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I still get dreams set in my old school, sometimes sans trousers.
I left school in 1984.
It might be the dream faeries way of telling me that I've still got much to learn.
Including that there's no such thing as faeries.

My school-related dreams most seem to involve Junior High School (ages 12-14). And yes, trousers frequently seem to go missing.

bowman

Friend of Leo's
I have dreams about once a year or so about a girl I dated briefly in high school. That’s a long story that I won’t go into, but we both ended up with long happy lives with other people, and no regrets. We contacted each other several years ago almost accidentally, and have become friends late in life. We have no plans or intentions to ever meet again, but we found that we were not wrong about each other as 17-year-olds and we are very compatible on many levels. We both now realize that we really could have made a go of it, but we were simply too young at the time. Life sure is funny.