This forum has proven once again to be a dangerous place to hang around...enter Gibson ES-335

WilburBufferson

Friend of Leo's
If you're in Ottawa, check out Lauzon Music. From the looks of their offerings, I suspect they get better examples than L+M. I've played more than a few ES-335s at a couple stores now in the past six months and all of them had issues. Not acceptable for a $5K+ guitar IMO.

Paul G.

Friend of Leo's
I second the concept that you don't go in with preconceptions and just get your hands on as many as you can and see what speaks to you. For some reason, I've played (and owned one) 335 that are just, eh, while others are transcendent instruments. A good ES335 is pretty much the greatest electric guitar ever. I am just too short to get along with the body size. If I was 2" taller, I wouldn't be playing anything else.

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
If you're in Ottawa, check out Lauzon Music. From the looks of their offerings, I suspect they get better examples than L+M. I've played more than a few ES-335s at a couple stores now in the past six months and all of them had issues. Not acceptable for a $5K+ guitar IMO.
When stock becomes available, I think I'll take a look at the Collins SoCo Deluxe. The 12th Fret currently only has one Collins, and not the one I'd be interested in. Stock seems to be decimated.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Nice! Get one of every model…one with every pickup combination…then one of every color. Collect them all, trade with friends.

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I just checked their site to see if they carry Collins. They do, but they too have no stock.