1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

this 63 at Gryphons went quick..........

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by darylcrisp, Oct 29, 2020.

1. darylcrisp

darylcrisp Tele-Meister

https://shop.gryphonstrings.com/pro...lectric-fender-guitar-telecaster-custom-59173

saw it early this morn in an email they sent. seems like it was over $12000. meant to post it here this morn just for folks to see, interesting piece of tele history. remembered it tonight and its already gone.

d

here's another one they listed, 2012 ash. I have no idea if the listed price is a good buy.
    https://shop.gryphonstrings.com/pro...ar-american-standard-telecaster-natural-59081

NFI on either, thought folks might like to check'm out.

2. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Someone will be happy with that buy

3. 63telemaster

63telemaster Tele-Meister

Just my kind of thing, nothing floats my boat like a '63 black tele and being a refin just makes it so much more affordable in my book. Don't like the look of those steel filings on the pickups though, that could cause big trouble for the future.

4. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

12 grand. Man, you can buy a decent used car for that. It is worth it for some - and I don't judge them for that - but not for me.

Good looking Tele though.

superbadj and Piotr like this.
  5. Marn99

Marn99 Tele-Holic

I love black Telecaster Custom's. They have that tuxedo look kinda like a Les Paul Black Beauty.

6. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Please educate me on what could wrong? Thanks..

7. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Holic

The filings can get in the windings and cut the wirecovering, shorting out the pickups and generally causing problems.

8. 63telemaster

63telemaster Tele-Meister

As Rufus says, the filings can over time be drawn through the copper coil attracted by the magnets. In doing so those shards of steel being harder than the copper can actually cause breaks in the windings. Rewind time!

9. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Thank you Sir.

63telemaster likes this.
  10. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

My best friend's favorite store. He has been sheltering in place and working from home for about 8 months now. Living with 20 minutes and used to work within walking distance (and I pumped gas during high school within rock throwing distance before they moved there). Going a little nuts at this point, I would not be a bit surprised if he bought it or traded it in on something else. If he bought it, it will be back up for sale in a month or two.:rolleyes::lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.