1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Third screw on Tele bridge pickup???

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by HBamps, Feb 18, 2009.

1. HBamps

HBamps Tele-Meister

What’s your take on the third bridge pickup screw on a tele, the one that controls the tilt? I have been messing with it and it seems to have a big effect on tone. While tilting, it also kind of raises or lowers the pickup.

Assuming the same relative pickup height, can anyone describe the tonal difference between a tele bridge pickup that is pointed more toward the saddles to one that’s pointed more toward the neck?

It seems like it affects the mid-range of the pup a lot. Could you say that, pointed toward the neck, it may pickup a looser, bassy sound closer to a neck pup?

2. JeffsJeep04

JeffsJeep04 Tele-Holic

I always figured it was just a holdover from it's lap-steel origins. I'm interested to hear some opinions on it.

3. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

But the original lap-steel pickups only had two screws - left and right.

4. JeffsJeep04

JeffsJeep04 Tele-Holic

I should have qualified my statement, having never really inspected a lap steel up close.

You know what they say about assuming and so forth :lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.