Third Party Plug-In Problem

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by Telesaurous Rex, May 26, 2020.

1. Telesaurous Rex

Telesaurous Rex TDPRI Member

I have used a G-Force M-Tron Pro (plug-in mellotron instrument) for about eight years. It's been installed in my current iMac using OS Catalina since I bought it a couple of years ago but I really haven't used it much if at all with this computer. It does work on it's own (stand alone?) because I have tried that.

I also have it installed in my older iMac with a pretty old OS (Tiger? Leopard?) that I use in my music studio where it works fine as a stand alone instrument or w/Garageband.

So, that's the background. Now I want to use my newer computer in my studio but I am finding that Garageband and M-Tron Pro are not wanting to work together with the newer OS. The Garageband app crashes when I try to use it as a plug-in.

G-Force has a website w/ installer upgrades. I downloaded these upgrades and they are sitting in my downloads file. I am not a computer person. Am I suppose to now place them somewhere? If so, how and where? Also, will this even solve my problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.

2. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

3. Telesaurous Rex

Telesaurous Rex TDPRI Member

Did you read the part where I said I'm not a computer person? :)

Got hold of my nephew with the computer science degree and he ran me though it. What a lifesaver. Every family needs one of those guys in their family. I didn't know that after you downloaded the files you had to put them in their proper place. I thought it just happened. Jeez, they're computers! They're suppose to now this stuff. So much for making life easier. o_O

Oh, and thanks for the video. It's good to know that's available.

Alamo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.