THINNING THE HERD: Best Online Options?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telegeekster, May 14, 2018.

1. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Afflicted

Reverb is pretty good, C/L is close and yet more risky.

2. nedray

nedray Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I go Reverb on most everything these days. Sold 3 good guitars last month and all smooth transactions. Even when transactions are a little strange, just turn it over to them--if they bless it, you're golden. I had to refund one transaction due to a completely bogus complaint in my view, but I just went along with it and Reverb facilitated the whole business. Buyer paid return shipping and I got my fees refunded, so the pain was minimized. They make it easy for the seller.

3. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Reverb all the way, no real issues. I've sold tons of $100-$200 items, and maybe 6-7 guitars in the $2k range.

Especially for the high dollar stuff, I've found the key to a smooth online deal is to craft a great listing, with high quality photos and a detailed, honest write-up. I use the Make Offer option, because it starts the conversation with a person who is likely to buy, but I price tight, so I only come down maybe 7.5%.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.