Thinking of selling my tele..

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
This sounds like a future case of seller’s remorse in the making. Those are pretty good guitars. I’d buy one with a trem and keep the Tele if you can swing it.

Exactly this! There are any number of good-enough-guitars with tremolo available both as used and new if the only spec is that it has to have a tremolo(and of course implying the guitar feels good enough to you to play with). So... get a (playable)cheapo with a tremolo to "get the job done". You don't need to get rid of the Tele. It won't get jealous. :)

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Wild idea here guys and one I've used sometimes: DigiTech Whammy Pedal! I'm not even kidding here. Set it to like two whole steps instead of two octaves and Blammo! Instant strat-level trem for any hardtail guitar. I don't use anything but hardtails anymore. Strat -type bridges get a pass as they double as a hardtail contrary to the Floyds. I just want to tune up and go. Same reason I use single-speed bikes. I don't want to fiddle with the tools themselves to get the job done. Yes, the style-police will drop their monocles in terror if you use a Whammy pedal with a Tele, but trolling those guys is half the fun. :)

Last edited:

Gary in Boston

Friend of Leo's
People often talk about the guitar that got away.................

I would not let that one go.

Buy another "stunt" guitar for those short term things you want to do now and then go home to the Tele, it'll be waiting for you.

Gary

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
I need a guitar with tremelo for the bands I play in and have been looking at the EVH wolfgang guitars. Am I crazy to sell my 2017 52 reissue? I just hardly play it, but I'm sure I'll miss it when its gone.
Unless you sell it to me!! I am serious.

Ignore foolish post. Foolish post...wrote without thinking.

Last edited:

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
Sorry just read the headline and jumped in. I love the neck and the Vintage frets, but my Piney...2020 Pro II. Can't buy. Do not duplicate guitars. Please ignore my foolish previous post.

teleplayer99

Tele-Holic
If you do get a guitar with tremolo. I just bought a Music Man Cutlass (2016) has stainless steel frets, compensated nut, tremelo, great neck and too many features to list. Paid $1250. Plays itself. Can be had cheaper than mine, but trusted the guy on Reverb..it is mint and coral red. Locking high quality tuners. Can be had for little over $1000.

Reactions: KC

John C

Friend of Leo's
If you do get a guitar with tremolo. I just bought a Music Man Cutlass (2016) has stainless steel frets, compensated nut, tremelo, great neck and too many features to list. Paid $1250. Plays itself. Can be had cheaper than mine, but trusted the guy on Reverb..it is mint and coral red. Locking high quality tuners. Can be had for little over $1000.

The 2016/2017 Cutlass (and StingRay) models are great deals; in 2018 they changed the model over to a roasted maple neck and increased the price $500 so you'll not find that kind of deal on the later ones (which are usually identified as a "Cutlass RS" or a "StingRay RS"). Hell, a 2021 Cutlass has a MAP of $2,399 (baby blue/rosewood board) or $2,499 (tobacco burst/maple board).