Thinking about mowing....

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Pretty soon, I'm going to have me some mid morning breakfast, then I'm going to mow the lawn, just as I do every Monday. Sometimes the neighbors gardener is mowing at the same time I am. He has a great dog that travels with him, and I always stop and say hello to the dog.
My Lawn is Wet.
How wet is it?
It is So Wet, I have to wring it out just to get to my Mailbox.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
I'm in S. Central PA and around 1pm we got a solid (high wind/rain) 1 1/2 hr storm that was as close to a hurricane as we get. Sun shining now like it could never happen here. I won't be mowing for at least a day.

4wotitswurth

Tele-Meister
Mowin here today…. Some bits are growin, some drying up and dying… we’ve had a string of days 94 in the shade. And yesterday I placed the therm in the sun…. It hit 108! Days ahead look much the same…. Flowers drying up left and right… send some rain this way I say! …. But not along with a hurricane, thanks.

Ironwolf

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
I mowed yesterday. More accurately, I cut the hay field. It was the first day dry enough to mow since the grass started growing again. It was knee to waist high in some parts of the yard. Even with the tractor it took about 3 hours to do what is normally a 45-minute job.

Last edited:

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Mowin here today…. Some bits are growin, some drying up and dying… we’ve had a string of days 94 in the shade. And yesterday I placed the therm in the sun…. It hit 108! Days ahead look much the same…. Flowers drying up left and right… send some rain this way I say! …. But not along with a hurricane, thanks.
I don't know where you are in Texas, but if you are anywhere around Amarillo, it could turn off cold and snow before suppertime.

WRHB

Tele-Holic
I don't know where you are in Texas, but if you are anywhere around Amarillo, it could turn off cold and snow before suppertime.
I once saw a bear in Amarillo that had been caught in a rainstorm. I’m pretty sure it was a drizzly bear. Thank you. I’ll see myself out.

philpm

Tele-Meister
Live in Missouri, and finally was able to get around to mowing the back yard tonight. The up and down temps and constant rain have made it nearly impossible to get it done. At least it's not 18 inches tall anymore. Quite surprised that I hadn't heard from the city codes department already. They are very efficient about that around here.