1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Thinking About It

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by harlycarly, Apr 4, 2004.

1. harlycarly

harlycarly Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Just saw a guitar that has caught my attention (see Tele Board) that has a Hipshot installed on it. Although I have always thought Clarence's playing was spiritual, wonder how Albert Lee does it, and have recently realized how good of a picker Brad Paisley is, I'm a just ok player at best. Mainly play to entertain myself these days, or sometimes with a buddy or two.

Could I ever learn some simple uses for the Hipshot? All of the above are killer players. Heck, I rarely use a vibrato on the few guitars I own that even have one.

Basic question: for a guy like me, would the Hipshot just get in the way, or would I ever actually learn to use the thing?

2. Darrell

Darrell Friend of Leo's

I am no pro

Just started successfully adding bends to my licks in the past few months, although I have owned benders for years. The hipshot is a good product. It is a little more difficult to master than a PG or PW type bender, IMO, because it is harder to do a slow bend AS smoothly. (This is debatable, but just MO) It is however a great bender to start off with before investing big time into benders. Besides, you can take it off in a heartbeat if you decide you don't like it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.