1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Thinking about going to just one guitar...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by chipbutty24, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire

even tho we always have people here claim the opposite :lol:

I do have a couple of similar guitars, the SG and the Les Paul clone.. for some reason, the SG tracks better than anything else, thru this Zoom pre-amp processor that I often use to record demos. So it stays, even tho it doesnt gig much anymore. I sometimes think about selling it, then I'll do a demo and think, nope.

I also have the tele thinline with P90s and the old Junior with one P90, but they dont sound alike. Besides the old Junior is a wedding present, a real Junior from 1957, and it doesnt ever leave the house now, too rare and too valuable. The tele thinline goes to every gig.

Every time I think, I need to thin the herd, I cant find a single guitar that does not have its own purpose or does not have some extreme sentimental attachment. So, they all stay.

2. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Don't tell anyone but I sold a Telecaster fairly recently.

3. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I was Thinking about going to just one guitar just recently.
    My Nashville, to me, does it all.
    But when I mentioned this to my band mates, they all stated that they Love the sound of my Paul and didn't like the idea at all.
    So....OK. I'm running 3. Tele, Paul, Guild. That's that. Sell the rest.

4. Tdub

Tdub Friend of Leo's

You need a better amp than that. I had one and it started smoking, got it fixed. Blew up again about a year later.

5. oldtelefart

oldtelefart Tele-Meister

About 10 years ago I had it re-fretted, radius shaved to 9.5, all the metal replaced (original parts were rusted to hell).
    It took Kinman guitars about two months, cost $80 more than I paid for the guitar. They did an awesome job.
    I bought a Korean LP copy to work with and sold it the week the Tele came back.

Now the only original bits are the wood, strap buttons, pickguard, and what's left of the nitro finish.
    It goes to a nearby quality luthier for a set-up adjustment about once a year, he does the job overnight.

6. 1955

1955 Doctor of Teleocity

I got 3 teles but only have played one for the last 7 years. Unless a string breaks at a gig.

7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

I have 3 guitars, but I think that is my limit, 2 Tele's and a Strat. I don't know if I could get that quota down to one though, as they all sound so different.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.