Think I got recognized from Facebook... But I'm not on it!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Patton, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You could go to GC and try to pay a guitar with Zuckerpay , telling them you are the guy on the website !
    If it works they already have your bank account too , lol

2. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

imagine it's the 80's:

your wife has a chance meeting with her friend - the sister of her former boyfriend. They chat a bit, catching up on each other's lives.

Your wife tells her friend that she is now married; she reaches in her purse and proudly shows her friend a few pictures of you that she carries with her everywhere. She tells her friend how happy she is now, and what a great guy you are.

A while later, you are sitting at a bar. Across the bar is the friend, who doesn't know you. But she's sure she's seen your face somewhere.

Your wife walks in and sits next to you. The friend says "of course!" as she makes the connection, and she comes over to say "hi" to her old friend and to meet the wonderful new husband.

That is how this event would occur in the days before computers and internet. Just about as innocent and unremarkable an incident as can be imagined. It would have been considered by all as a fortunate and happy coincidence. Nobody would see any reason to consider it malevolent or disturbing.

The only notable difference between then and now is the ability of your wife to chat with her friend via Facebook; so even if they haven't met in person together for quite some time, they can still share stories and pictures. Wonderful, isn't it?

Patton likes this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

It would be more like carrying that pic around and showing it to everyone she knows including casual acquaintances. Kind of extreme don't you think? People would have thought that a bit over the top back in the day.

jhundt likes this.
  4. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

or setting a picture on your desk at work, where all your friends, workmates, and clients can see it...

I've only ever seen one small picture of you - but I am pretty sure if you were sitting across the bar from me I would recognize you Chunko!

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire

They use drones too … its true .

Chunkocaster likes this.
  6. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

The only pic of myself I have posted is over 30 years old. I would be flattered if you recognized me from that pic.:D

jhundt likes this.
  7. Patton

Patton TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

Yep, exactly.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.