Things your parents call you.

trapdoor2

Friend of Leo's
Hmmmm. I cannot remember being addressed by my parents as anything. Diminutives, of course, when I was small. Sometimes my mother would do a little sing-song thing with my first name: "Marcus Aurelius, you're no good...we'll chop you up for fire-wood." (No, I'm not named after a Roman emperor, I was named after a WWII Admiral, Marc Mitscher)

My eldest brother and I often called each other "ugly"...as in "Hey Ugly, get me another cuppa coffee while yer up!"

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
My father called me Butch. I hated it and only my middle brother besides him called me that .

My mother would get really mad at me and call me my middle brothers name by mistake. I would start laughing and she would get even madder.

Mindthebull

Tele-Meister
My dad had a weird habit of using pet names that my little sister used for me when she was a baby before she could talk, she called me “sa”. He thought it was funny in mixed company when I was in my 40s and 50s, when we would be at family parties to say “hey Sa, pass the salad…. ” He thought he was hilarious but people who didn’t know us just thought he was having a stroke.

WRHB

Tele-Holic
When I would get mad at my kids I called them “HEY!!”
They got the point and stopped whatever they were doing wrong. It never escalated from there. My dad didn’t have to say anything. He just gave “the look” and we all knew to settle down.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Billy, my middle name is William, and so..
Both my parents, my brother and now my wife and just about everyone calls me it. Only thing is I'm used to it, but I hate it..... Oh, well I can't change it now.