Things to Quit Saying

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
1) "writ large"

2) "going forward"

3) "Enjoy!"
In police narrative......"I observed a group of individuals........etc."
If they're in a GROUP, they're no longer individuals! Just say people, or men, or potential perps. ;).........I might add "suspicious characters".

Last edited:

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
Not really for me. But I have a Army Ranger buddy. Apparently a big morale chant they use in training is “Rangers never say surrender.” Which I get and applaud. I always played Cheap Tricks “Surrender” around him. And he’d always give me a funny look.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
There are so many- my real bugaboo is the use of "genius" as an adjective, which has become so common that dictionaries have had to acknowledge it. For my official entry, however, I'll go with "cherry picking", as in "cherry picking data"; what the devil do cherries have to do with it? You're data (or perhaps datum) picking.

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
There are so many- my real bugaboo is the use of "genius" as an adjective, which has become so common that dictionaries have had to acknowledge it. For my official entry, however, I'll go with "cherry picking", as in "cherry picking data"; what the devil do cherries have to do with it? You're data (or perhaps datum) picking.

"Cherry picking" means you are just picking the data that you want . . . you wouldn't pick bad cherries.