Things that make you go, "What?"

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Joe Baggadonitz, Nov 4, 2013.

1. backporch guy

backporch guy Tele-Afflicted

WHAT! :D

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

WHAT?
    That's child abuse

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

3. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Years ago there was a commercial with the Geico gekko and a woman running toward one another across a beach. They meet, join hands, and the woman spins the gekko around. My friend's wife, who was watching the commercial with us spoke up, perfectly seriously, and said something like,
    "That's cruelty to animals! She's gonna rip the arms right off that lizard!"
    What?

4. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

A colleague's husband lived with his mother and grandmother until he married - in his early thirties. His mother and grandmother did EVERYTHING for him.

When they were (first) married, she had to peel his bananas, because he did not know how - his mother or grandmother did that for him.

What? I understand enabled (OK, I really don't but...) but that is just stupid.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Even after 25 years teaching, I still get a coupla these every week. Crazy kids....

It's one of the things I like about my job.

6. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Oh now that's an out and out sin. ;)

Two of my favorites. Had cheesecake yesterday for dessert and there's a slice of carrot cake sitting in the fridge now screaming eat me at the top of it's lungs, LOL.

7. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

It's definitely a sorry way to treat yourself. I love them both, but it's cheesecake I miss more. As a type 2 diabetic I need to stay away from sugar. Granted, cheesecake has very little, but I'm on a zero tolerance diet as far as sugar goes. Do yourself a big favor; try them both. They are "the bomb".
    Eventually I won't be able to take it anymore, and I'll fall off the cheesecake wagon. And I won't regret it one bit.

8. czgibson

czgibson Tele-Afflicted

That is an amazing story; it reminds me of a family I know.

They recently arrived at an airport ready to take an international flight when it became clear that three out of the four members of the family had forgotten their passports. After my friend, the son in this quartet, told me this, he said it was the THIRD occasion when this had happened.

Here's another one, where I think there's less blame to be attached:

Teachers see lots of these moments, but this one is a favourite. After I'd been teaching an English language lesson, a Japanese girl who had noticed the other pupils asking questions stayed behind because she wanted to know why, from time to time, the others had been pointing at the ceiling.

I thought that was just delightful.

9. CrisHendrix

CrisHendrix Tele-Afflicted

KEVIN!!!

http://www.SunbeltRyders.com

10. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I must admit.. when I first saw some older hippy friends making a Carrot cake for a party early 70's, I thought...

WHAT??!!... you're putting carrots in a cake?..... wtf!...... can you do that?.....why?...:)

I'd never seen vegetables used in a cake made at home before... or at any relatives place, etc.... unless you count pumpkin scones?...

and even more surprised how great it tasted at the 21st party.... ;)

I've lost count of how many times I've eaten it since...;)

11. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

"That's cruelty to animals! She's gonna rip the arms right off that lizard!"
    What?

I know! Lizards don't even have arms! :D

12. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

smoked italian sausage in alfredo sauce. What? disgusting.

13. Tatercaster

Tatercaster Friend of Leo's

sounds awesome to me! Yum!

14. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Tele-Meister

~ You should also try Zuccini bread with a little butter on it heated in the microwave ... oh yum ...

~ Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are popular, WHAT !?

15. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

What? :D

16. Joe Baggadonitz

Joe Baggadonitz Friend of Leo's

An older gennelman I know puts a heaping spoonful of cottage cheese on his plate and then says, "would you pass the maple syrup please?" and proceeds to smother his cottage cheese in maple syrup. "What?"

17. PaulStrattele

PaulStrattele Tele-Holic

I've heard and seen a lot of things lately thatr make me say What??

A teen caused a pretty good pile up and on the interstate and she told the trooper that she didn't want to hit the brakes because it was annoying to slow down.

Another young adult quit his job because he stood in line all night to get the new iPhone 5S and his supervisor would let him use it. A college graduate no less.

Another young adult was arrested for cutting through private property to get to work.
    There was a road beside the property that passes in front of his (former) employer.
    His response was that extra 5 minutes (more like 20 seconds) he save was more time to play X-Box Live.

My favorite recent story. I'm working with a 20 something vegetarian. About twice a week, he would have biscuits and gravy (his favorite breakfast)from the cafeteria.
    So I just asked one morning if he was more of a Flexitarian. He asked what I meant.
    I said since gravy was made from pork grease, how did he justify that....complete silence...his face slowly turns grey to match the gravy he is no longer eating.
    He suddenly wasn't feeling so well and had to go home.
    Funny, he doesn't eat gravy anymore.

18. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

A young woman I knew growing up wasn't the brightest bulb of the bunch. One night a bunch of us were out driving around and went to the bluffs overlooking the city. There was a blackout that night, no electricity in the entire city for several hours. It was kind of cool seeing the city like that. At one point she turns to us incredulously and asks "if there is a blackout tonight why are the headlights in our car still working?" (!)

19. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

An older gennelman I know puts a heaping spoonful of cottage cheese on his plate and then says, "would you pass the maple syrup please?" and proceeds to smother his cottage cheese in maple syrup. "What?"

That's an old mid-west thing, we still eat cottage cheese with pancakes. Don't knock it till you try it.

20. fuzzbender

fuzzbender Former Member

Guitar gloves

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.