Things That Get On Your Nerves

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I try not to let too much get on my nerves. My previous post was traffic-related, and cars can cause property damage, bodily injury, and death.

The other traffic thing that gets on my nerves is when people are first in line waiting for the left turn arrow, and don't go when the arrow turns green.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
I have a legit addition to this list:

Loooong WhatsApp etc voice messages

Someone close to me does this and has been doing it more and more recently. Today took the cake.

I'd got an email informing me we'd received a Paypal payment from someone in the US (we're in Germany). I thought our daughter had maybe sold something or other. So I wrote in the family group to ask what it was. All I needed was a short, "it's nothing, don't worry about it", and I would have been happy.

But my wife, ok I'm outing her, I guess, left FOUR long voice messages telling me the whole backstory about a coworker from the US who was here recently and got a speeding ticket with his rental car, but he was already back in the states when he learned about it and the paperwork he received was all in German and he didn't know where to begin dealing with it and so my wife ended up settling it for him here and then he reimbursed her via PayPal but didn't know about the friends option so they took a service charge and he'll make up for that and and and blah blah blah blah ... (as much fun as that was too read, I had to patiently listen to the whole thing in even more detail on my phone)

The thing is, I don't dare tell my wife to cool it with the long voice messages 😅🤷‍♂️

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
1. Where on a TV show someone will meet up with someone at a restaurant, order a drink and then leave shortly without touching the drink (and of course they have the exact amount of cash to throw down. They never need change).

It could be either a commercial or during a TV program - man is standing behind a counter, doing work on a laptop computer. A woman walks up to the counter and pushes the screen of the laptop shut to get the man's attention.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
1. Where on a TV show someone will meet up with someone at a restaurant, order a drink and then leave shortly without touching the drink (and of course they have the exact amount of cash to throw down. They never need change).

2. When driving and there is a merge because of construction and someone goes past all the cars and tries to merge at the very end. Secretly I hope they crash into the guard rail.

3. People that go on and on because they like to hear themselves talk. Sometimes I need to go to the bathroom and don't need you to talk through the door.

4. People that say "living the dream". I usually say something original like " I'm pretty stoked. I got a new woodchipper. I just need a 2x4 to push the bodies, I mean branches down".

5. Waitresses that after bringing the food then say "enjoy". Do I look like I need instructions?

6. Product packaging that takes an hour to open and then leave me with marks on my hand from stabbing the package with sissors.

7. Bass players. They always seem to need money.

8. Mosquitoes and wasps. Why and who put them here.

9. TV commercials where everyone is all excited because Taco Bell has a new product ( it is all the same ingredients anyway). Nobody gets excited.

10. YouTube videos with click bait where someone has a facial expression that I have never ever once used in my life.

11. Books that start with "Once upon a time". I need exact dates.

1. Doesn't bother me. It's not real.
2. Really bothers me. Or when a car zooms up an empty turning lane with no intention of turning and tries to cut in. Nope.
3. Yup. My wife works with someone who sucks up all the oxygen in a room, like that. I avoid my wife's work parties because of that woman.
4. Haven't been there.
5. I let it slide. I do hate when a server appears just as you've shoved a large amount of food in your mouth (say, toppings were sliding off a pizza slice) to ask you a question.
6. Clamshell packaging 🤬
7. Wha? I thought they could always find gigs.
8. God only knows.
9. I'm pretty good at ignoring commercials.
10. I'm looking at you, Mr. Beast!
11. Sounds like a good place to end. And they lived irritated, ever after.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Bad drivers used to irritate me a lot more in the past. Now I just want them well in front or behind me. The worst is when you are in a bad driver''s blind spot, or the other way 'round.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Some sounds can be a horrible problem. This is from 60+ years of being poor at sleep. Drips, rattles and snoring can mess up a night for me.

ale.istotle

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
1. Doesn't bother me. It's not real.
2. Really bothers me. Or when a car zooms up an empty turning lane with no intention of turning and tries to cut in. Nope.
3. Yup. My wife works with someone who sucks up all the oxygen in a room, like that. I avoid my wife's work parties because of that woman.
4. Haven't been there.
5. I let it slide. I do hate when a server appears just as you've shoved a large amount of food in your mouth (say, toppings were sliding off a pizza slice) to ask you a question.
6. Clamshell packaging 🤬
7. Wha? I thought they could always find gigs.
8. God only knows.
9. I'm pretty good at ignoring commercials.
10. I'm looking at you, Mr. Beast!
11. Sounds like a good place to end. And they lived irritated, ever after.
I used to think the servers were trained to wait until your mouth was full to ask how you like the meal.
Then I realized with the way I eat, if anyone stops by before I finish, my mouth is full of food. I should probably take a breath once in a while.

flathd

Poster Extraordinaire
When I go to a flea market and some sellers are too lazy to put a price tag on their stuff.
Especially when they're sitting on a lawn chair doing nothing anyway.
Also people that cut holes in metal gas or oil cans to make them look like jack-o-lanterns.
Why ruin a perfectly good gas can?