Things I hate: 3497

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Mrs D backpacked through Mexico years ago. There was one common food available everywhere for vegetarians; in fact, the only food available. Rice and beans- she still has it for breakfast most days.

I read the other day, I cannot say it is true, just that I read it and it made me think 'ha! interesting'...

Anyway, I read that rice and beans together when eaten create a perfect protein. Separate, they are just carbs. But together they create a protein.

Cannot verify, not curious enough to google.

In rural mexico, most breakfasts I ate were tortillas, rice, beans, eggs, salsa most times.

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
I read the other day, I cannot say it is true, just that I read it and it made me think 'ha! interesting'...

Anyway, I read that rice and beans together when eaten create a perfect protein. Separate, they are just carbs. But together they create a protein.

In rural mexico, most breakfasts I ate were tortillas, rice, beans, eggs, salsa most times.
True, sort of. They’re just as starchy when eaten together. “Complete protein” is more accurate though and refers to their essential amino acid content.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
There are nearly eight billion people on the planet, and the overwhelming majority of them think that this goat rope is some sort of competition.

They’re all trying to sort out their place in the pecking order, and if they can figure out any way to make something that you said seem wrong, they feel that they’ve moved up another notch in the pecking order. This is the essence of moron-think.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people are ego-driven morons, and whoever is in charge of this asylum has tossed us in with them.

Those of us who don’t give a fat rat’s ass where we fall in the pecking order actually manage to have some moments of peace and enjoyment.

But there is no peace or enjoyment for the morons. They’ll deny that and swear that they have far more peace and enjoyment than anyone else, but they’re lying.

They’re all far too busy sweating and wringing their hands about their place in the pecking order to ever calm down, relax, and enjoy life.

That’s why I live out in the middle of nowhere and won’t answer the phone, check the mail, or answer the door most of the time.

Dealing with the morons brings my professional persona to the fore and I immediately want to start dispensing military leadership of the sort that was standard operating procedure back before the military turned all touchy-freely, warm and fuzzy kumbaya.

Mrs. Steerforth has threatened to buy me a t-shirt that says, “Does not play nice with others.”

When I catch up with whoever is responsible for me being marooned in the middle of this Scheiße Show, I intend to plant a size 13 military boot so far up their butt that they’ll have to unlace it to get a drink of water.

In the meantime, do your best to ignore the world. No good can come from paying attention.

I've been thinking about this forward, backward, and sideways since I saw it.

I don't see how anyone can look into a clear night sky without a sense of ther own unfathomable insignificance. And once you've seen that, what would ever be the point in striving for position against any part of piffling humanity?

P.S. the withdrawal you mentioned in your post has a siren song.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I've had that verified dozens of times over the years by my wife who is in position to know. You could live a long time on a hundred pound sack of each.

P.S I think it's the same thing with corn and beans

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
There are nearly eight billion people on the planet, and the overwhelming majority of them think that this goat rope is some sort of competition.

They’re all trying to sort out their place in the pecking order, and if they can figure out any way to make something that you said seem wrong, they feel that they’ve moved up another notch in the pecking order. This is the essence of moron-think.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people are ego-driven morons, and whoever is in charge of this asylum has tossed us in with them.

Those of us who don’t give a fat rat’s ass where we fall in the pecking order actually manage to have some moments of peace and enjoyment.

But there is no peace or enjoyment for the morons. They’ll deny that and swear that they have far more peace and enjoyment than anyone else, but they’re lying.

They’re all far too busy sweating and wringing their hands about their place in the pecking order to ever calm down, relax, and enjoy life.

That’s why I live out in the middle of nowhere and won’t answer the phone, check the mail, or answer the door most of the time.

Dealing with the morons brings my professional persona to the fore and I immediately want to start dispensing military leadership of the sort that was standard operating procedure back before the military turned all touchy-freely, warm and fuzzy kumbaya.

Mrs. Steerforth has threatened to buy me a t-shirt that says, “Does not play nice with others.”

When I catch up with whoever is responsible for me being marooned in the middle of this Scheiße Show, I intend to plant a size 13 military boot so far up their butt that they’ll have to unlace it to get a drink of water.

In the meantime, do your best to ignore the world. No good can come from paying attention.
I appreciate your sacrifice. I come here to ignore the world.
I agree with you. The nature of someone’s responses is influenced greatly by their perception of where they are in whatever competence hierarchy the6 inhabit.
Being clever to disguise lack of knowledge or ability often comes along with it. I know Joe Walsh says “act as if you know what you’re doing and people will assume you do” but eventually one has to actually know what they’re doing.
Lots of smart people here.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I appreciate your sacrifice. I come here to ignore the world.
I agree with you. The nature of someone’s responses is influenced greatly by their perception of where they are in whatever competence hierarchy the6 inhabit.
Being clever to disguise lack of knowledge or ability often comes along with it. I know Joe Walsh says “act as if you know what you’re doing and people will assume you do” but eventually one has to actually know what they’re doing.
Lots of smart people here.

What blows my mind is the distance between knowing how to do stuff and faking it is not so great... it just takes effort and interest and commitment (sometimes talent, but you can get 'average' on a lot of things pretty fast.) My favorite part of the day is when I come across something I find interesting but don't know about and I get hear about it, then pursue it... sometimes I keep going, sometimes I stop with at least enough info to know how hard it is...

People prove out overtime... besides, being Holden Caulfield does not reap many benefits.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I've been thinking about this forward, backward, and sideways since I saw it.

I don't see how anyone can look into a clear night sky without a sense of ther own unfathomable insignificance. And once you've seen that, what would ever be the point in striving for position against any part of piffling humanity?

P.S. the withdrawal you mentioned in your post has a siren song.

I try to gather a sense of the heart of folks, try to carry it along and observe it change at times due to life circumstances.
You know how you can tell when a friend has some new untold pains in life, or when a teenage girl filled with hope finally gets what she wanted and it turned out to really suck.
I see this stuff in my community, see the hearts of folks shifting and changing, or sometimes stoically firm.

I think to fathom here we need to not so much think about fathoming our individual significance.

Here I would try instead to fathom the mass crapping on all that's good in this insignificant world, and consider how the crapping might effect the heart of an individual who I suppose tried to work a life of preserving and protecting what's good, and that "good" is maybe now so crapped on it's hard to see through the crap to the core heart of the thing.

All the world is clearly taking a hard heart hit!
Us here in the US are having a variety of reactions to that hit, or those hits.
Far too easy, isn't it? To fathom an individuals intense revulsion inspiring an attempt to place ones self above the crapping?
That's my reading anyhow.

Eh?

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
What blows my mind is the distance between knowing how to do stuff and faking it is not so great... it just takes effort and interest and commitment (sometimes talent, but you can get 'average' on a lot of things pretty fast.) My favorite part of the day is when I come across something I find interesting but don't know about and I get hear about it, then pursue it... sometimes I keep going, sometimes I stop with at least enough info to know how hard it is...

People prove out overtime... besides, being Holden Caulfield does not reap many benefits.
Couldn’t have said it any better. Too much effort wasted on expedience and not enough on what is truly meaningful.