Things I hate: 3497

tanplastic

Friend of Leo's
Nope. Because I’m not trying to one-up anyone on some trivial crap. I’m simply expressing my utter contempt for the endless game that most people incessantly play.

And I don’t give a damn at any time where I fall in the pecking order. I refuse to play.

But you just tried to make me wrong. An afternoon of deep introspection about the meaning of life would do you good.

It’s not a competition, folks. Quit trying to make it one.
So everyone is a moron but you, and it's not a competition.
Huh.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
There are nearly eight billion people on the planet, and the overwhelming majority of them think that this goat rope is some sort of competition.

They’re all trying to sort out their place in the pecking order, and if they can figure out any way to make something that you said seem wrong, they feel that they’ve moved up another notch in the pecking order. This is the essence of moron-think.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people are ego-driven morons, and whoever is in charge of this asylum has tossed us in with them.

Those of us who don’t give a fat rat’s ass where we fall in the pecking order actually manage to have some moments of peace and enjoyment.

But there is no peace or enjoyment for the morons. They’ll deny that and swear that they have far more peace and enjoyment than anyone else, but they’re lying.

They’re all far too busy sweating and wringing their hands about their place in the pecking order to ever calm down, relax, and enjoy life.

That’s why I live out in the middle of nowhere and won’t answer the phone, check the mail, or answer the door most of the time.

Dealing with the morons brings my professional persona to the fore and I immediately want to start dispensing military leadership of the sort that was standard operating procedure back before the military turned all touchy-freely, warm and fuzzy kumbaya.

Mrs. Steerforth has threatened to buy me a t-shirt that says, “Does not play nice with others.”

When I catch up with whoever is responsible for me being marooned in the middle of this Scheiße Show, I intend to plant a size 13 military boot so far up their butt that they’ll have to unlace it to get a drink of water.

In the meantime, do your best to ignore the world. No good can come from paying attention.

:lol::lol::lol: That is awesome!

My draft number came up 253, and I never gave the military another thought. That I sometimes regret, but still I agree completely with your POV about the rat race.

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
Thanks for pointing out how wrong I was...I'll take the afternoon off and contemplate the lesson you've given us all here today.

That’s good. Perhaps in the course of your meditation you’ll realize that I’m not singling anyone out as specifically right or wrong, but complaining about the overall social dynamic that seems to drive the human species.

I wouldn’t care about that either if it weren’t for the fact that I’m stuck in the middle of it and they keep trying to get me to participate.

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
Sounds to me like you're "trying to one-up anyone on some trivial crap".

Well, good for you. You enjoy that now, and bask in the glow of a personal sense of superiority until your next opportunity to miss the point completely comes along.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
So everyone is a moron but you, and it's not a competition.
Huh.

Thanks for pointing out how wrong I was...I'll take the afternoon off and contemplate the lesson you've given us all here today.

Near as I can tell, @Steerforth was delivering milspec commiseration.

IOW he was trying to be nice.

However, it's your prerogative to tell him he was wrong to be nice!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
It happens the other way too:

“I don’t like poetry”
“Here’s several page of poems”

:D

Well see, human nature playing out on the net can be double tripe quadruple negatives, and hard to suss out.

When somebody says "I don't like chorus or comps" on the net, we have to assume they are asking for help understanding those things.

But if they really mean they go to shows and if they see a comp or a chorus on stage they toss a molotov and depart, then maybe we best not bother to offer suggestions?

The great mystery now facing humanity is why do some folks ask for help when they don't want it???

Oh, trolling, trolling.
Never mind.

SuprHtr

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Peruse the questions section of Amazon product reviews and see how many people provide totally useless answers, prefaced with “I don’t know the answer but...” instead of scrolling on by. It’s endemic.

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
Meh, calling others "morons" implies you think you are are superior, doesn't it?

Nope. Just different, with different motivations. Not superior.

The problem lies in the fact that our society has no rite of passage anymore. There is no definitive point at which a boy becomes a man, or a girl becomes a woman.

Consequently, we find ourselves living in a world full of boys running around in men’s bodies, and girls running around in women’s bodies, all utterly devoid of the sort of emotional maturity, insight, and content of character that make up a viable adult human being.

We’ve carried the”humane” BS to such an extreme that we now find ourselves in a vile predicament. Everyone is offended by everything. The world is full of incurable twits.

If you look at primitive societies that still deliberately practice rites of passage, you’ll find that they suffer a far lower percentage of hysterical imbeciles in their ranks.

The western world, on the other hand, revels in twitdom, and often promotes the worst of the lot to celebrity status.

_MementoMori_

Friend of Leo's
There are nearly eight billion people on the planet, and the overwhelming majority of them think that this goat rope is some sort of competition.

They’re all trying to sort out their place in the pecking order, and if they can figure out any way to make something that you said seem wrong, they feel that they’ve moved up another notch in the pecking order. This is the essence of moron-think.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people are ego-driven morons, and whoever is in charge of this asylum has tossed us in with them.

Those of us who don’t give a fat rat’s ass where we fall in the pecking order actually manage to have some moments of peace and enjoyment.

But there is no peace or enjoyment for the morons. They’ll deny that and swear that they have far more peace and enjoyment than anyone else, but they’re lying.

They’re all far too busy sweating and wringing their hands about their place in the pecking order to ever calm down, relax, and enjoy life.

That’s why I live out in the middle of nowhere and won’t answer the phone, check the mail, or answer the door most of the time.

Dealing with the morons brings my professional persona to the fore and I immediately want to start dispensing military leadership of the sort that was standard operating procedure back before the military turned all touchy-freely, warm and fuzzy kumbaya.

Mrs. Steerforth has threatened to buy me a t-shirt that says, “Does not play nice with others.”

When I catch up with whoever is responsible for me being marooned in the middle of this Scheiße Show, I intend to plant a size 13 military boot so far up their butt that they’ll have to unlace it to get a drink of water.

In the meantime, do your best to ignore the world. No good can come from paying attention.

I love you. I love every word that you just typed.

tanplastic

Friend of Leo's
Nope. Just different, with different motivations. Not superior.

The problem lies in the fact that our society has no rite of passage anymore. There is no definitive point at which a boy becomes a man, or a girl becomes a woman.

Consequently, we find ourselves living in a world full of boys running around in men’s bodies, and girls running around in women’s bodies, all utterly devoid of the sort of emotional maturity, insight, and content of character that make up a viable adult human being.

We’ve carried the”humane” BS to such an extreme that we now find ourselves in a vile predicament. Everyone is offended by everything. The world is full of incurable twits.

If you look at primitive societies that still deliberately practice rites of passage, you’ll find that they suffer a far lower percentage of hysterical imbeciles in their ranks.

The western world, on the other hand, revels in twitdom, and often promotes the worst of the lot to celebrity status.
I don't believe any of that.
Do you actually converse with any people under thirty?