Things I hate: 3497

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
No matter the topic, post a problem about something and within three posts someone tells you it's not been a problem for them because they are better than that.

I don't like what's one TV.
"Not a problem for me, I haven't had a TV for years!"

I had a problem at the restaurant.
"Not a problem for me, I eat at home!"

My tone sucks.
"Not a problem for me, I was born with a golden ear and know exactly how to dial it in!"

Sheesh.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
No matter the topic, post a problem about something and within three posts someone tells you it's not been a problem for them because they are better than that.

I don't like what's one TV.
"Not a problem for me, I haven't had a TV for years!"

I had a problem at the restaurant.
"Not a problem for me, I eat at home!"

My tone sucks.
"Not a problem for me, I was born with a golden ear and know exactly how to dial it in!"

Sheesh.
Those seem like minor and relatively easy problems to fix. Maybe we just talk about the easy problems.

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
There are nearly eight billion people on the planet, and the overwhelming majority of them think that this goat rope is some sort of competition.

They’re all trying to sort out their place in the pecking order, and if they can figure out any way to make something that you said seem wrong, they feel that they’ve moved up another notch in the pecking order. This is the essence of moron-think.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people are ego-driven morons, and whoever is in charge of this asylum has tossed us in with them.

Those of us who don’t give a fat rat’s ass where we fall in the pecking order actually manage to have some moments of peace and enjoyment.

But there is no peace or enjoyment for the morons. They’ll deny that and swear that they have far more peace and enjoyment than anyone else, but they’re lying.

They’re all far too busy sweating and wringing their hands about their place in the pecking order to ever calm down, relax, and enjoy life.

That’s why I live out in the middle of nowhere and won’t answer the phone, check the mail, or answer the door most of the time.

Dealing with the morons brings my professional persona to the fore and I immediately want to start dispensing military leadership of the sort that was standard operating procedure back before the military turned all touchy-freely, warm and fuzzy kumbaya.

Mrs. Steerforth has threatened to buy me a t-shirt that says, “Does not play nice with others.”

When I catch up with whoever is responsible for me being marooned in the middle of this Scheiße Show, I intend to plant a size 13 military boot so far up their butt that they’ll have to unlace it to get a drink of water.

In the meantime, do your best to ignore the world. No good can come from paying attention.

Durtdog

Poster Extraordinaire
There are nearly eight billion people on the planet, and the overwhelming majority of them think that this goat rope is some sort of competition.

They’re all trying to sort out their place in the pecking order, and if they can figure out any way to make something that you said seem wrong, they feel that they’ve moved up another notch in the pecking order. This is the essence of moron-think.

In short, the overwhelming majority of people are ego-driven morons, and whoever is in charge of this asylum has tossed us in with them.

Those of us who don’t give a fat rat’s ass where we fall in the pecking order actually manage to have some moments of peace and enjoyment.

But there is no peace or enjoyment for the morons. They’ll deny that and swear that they have far more peace and enjoyment than anyone else, but they’re lying.

They’re all far too busy sweating and wringing their hands about their place in the pecking order to ever calm down, relax, and enjoy life.

That’s why I live out in the middle of nowhere and won’t answer the phone, check the mail, or answer the door most of the time.

Dealing with the morons brings my professional persona to the fore and I immediately want to start dispensing military leadership of the sort that was standard operating procedure back before the military turned all touchy-freely, warm and fuzzy kumbaya.

Mrs. Steerforth has threatened to buy me a t-shirt that says, “Does not play nice with others.”

When I catch up with whoever is responsible for me being marooned in the middle of this Scheiße Show, I intend to plant a size 13 military boot so far up their butt that they’ll have to unlace it to get a drink of water.

In the meantime, do your best to ignore the world. No good can come from paying attention.
Um, didn’t you just do the very thing the op is complaining about?

Steerforth

Friend of Leo's
Um, didn’t you just do the very thing the op is complaining about?

Nope. Because I’m not trying to one-up anyone on some trivial crap. I’m simply expressing my utter contempt for the endless game that most people incessantly play.

And I don’t give a damn at any time where I fall in the pecking order. I refuse to play.

But you just tried to make me wrong. An afternoon of deep introspection about the meaning of life would do you good.

It’s not a competition, folks. Quit trying to make it one.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
Post about things I hate? That’s a real first world problem. Be thankful you live in the first world, not that there aren’t real first world problems. Power grid failures come to mind. But seriously, my tone sucks? That hardly qualifies. That’s something you can do something about, like learn to play better, like learn how to set (up) your guitar and amp, like learn what timbre is and how to control it.

It’s not that there’s nothing I hate. I just can’t post about most of them here. And that’s a good thing. And BTW, you CAN do something about much of what you “hate” and other first world problems if you just take the initiative.

Last edited:

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's

This sounds like something a person could find out by paying attention.

SuprHtr

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Nope. Because I’m not trying to one-up anyone on some trivial crap. I’m simply expressing my utter contempt for the endless game that most people incessantly play.

And I don’t give a damn at any time where I fall in the pecking order. I refuse to play.

But you just tried to make me wrong. An afternoon of deep introspection about the meaning of life would do you good.

It’s not a competition, folks. Quit trying to make it one.

Some days it's hard to avoid them.
5335312409_2f5a8aca81.jpg

Flat6Driver

Friend of Leo's
Post about things I hate? That’s a real first world problem. Be thankful you live in the first world, that there aren’t real first world problems. Power grid failures come to mind. But seriously, my tone sucks? That hardly qualifies. That’s something you can do something about, like learn to play better, like learn how to set (up) your guitar and amp, like learn what timbre is and how to control it.

It’s not that there’s nothing I hate. I just can’t post about most of them here. And that’s a good thing. And BTW, you CAN do something about much of what you “hate” and other first world problems if you just take the initiative.

@Steerforth made a good point but @JL_LI totally exemplifies what I was talking about.

My facebook thread taking about a specific thing was followed by 90 posts about how everyone is better than social media. LOL.

The QR code at the restaurant thread (things I hate 3496.1) was full of anti tech and I eat better at home. But we should expect that on a social media forum.

I live in an area where if someone asks for a Mexican restaurant recommendation 50 people have to tell you how much better the food is in a totally different part of the county and how you can't get real mexican food around here. Jeez.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In addition to not watching or even owning a TV, I also only eat gluten-free keto and do cross-fit.

Sent From My Flip Phone

It seems to me you have issues. Why didn't you just come right out and say you were a vegan? Most vegans proudly hoist their flags, and march through life yodeling I'm a Veganioladytoo! C'mon man! Get going, grab a flag, and yodel a verse or two. Pardon me for a moment, I gotta get that bacon off the stove before it gets too crispy!