1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Things I hate: #3496.1 and 3496.2

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TokyoPortrait, Feb 25, 2021.

1. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Friend of Leo's

Hi.

Restaurants where I have to scan a QR Code with my phone so I can open up a site to place my order online. The guy is already at my table showing me how to use the stupid nonintuitive site anyway, why can’t he just take the flippin’ order?!!?

Bland pizza.

Grr...

99BCE96F-5960-46CA-8D62-448B3A73A1D8.jpeg

Pax/
    Dean
    p.s. the free drink cos I followed them on Instagram was quite nice, I guess

p.p.s. and, it’s nice hanging out with your kids, especially when when one of them is so well dressed

29D24701-8E64-4727-9C77-601DDB32E32B.jpeg

2. Little Red Tele

Little Red Tele Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Don't take your phone. Then they have to read you the menu.

3. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

One of life’s greatest mysteries

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  4. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Afflicted

My wife and I both cook.
    It's better than a restaurant.
    We know the code.

5. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

That would not sit well with me either.

TokyoPortrait likes this.
  6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I realize the pizza may not taste like it looks....but it looks pretty tantalizing.
    ....and congrats on raising your son right! ;)

7. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

There's a great taco place here at PHX International that makes everyone order this way. I have the same server most times, but we had to struggle over our new friendship lol. I was pissed I couldn't just tell them my order, always having issues registering, etc. She was patient with me but I could tell that was her main job, calming people down and showing them how to use an app, and fixing the problems, which always happened. But once I aced it, my order was down in seconds. She was a sport and even though I feel like 'why tip, I did the work' sometimes, I wasn't gonna be a Mr. Pink about it. <TIP YOUR SERVER>

Harry Styron and TokyoPortrait like this.
  8. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I don't patronize those restaurants. When I'm in one by mistake, I inform the manager (if she/he can be found) why I'm leaving without ordering.

TokyoPortrait and Jakedog like this.
  9. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

I’ve never heard of this. There’s no freakin way I’d do it. If I’m going to place an order on my phone, I’m going to do it at home, and have them bring the food right to my door. If I go to the trouble of putting on pants and driving someplace to eat food, a human server will be taking my order.

I do not see myself ever patronizing a business that operates this way. What on earth is the point of doing things in this manner?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Phrygian77, El Famoso, Andy B and 6 others like this.
  10. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

We cook here as well. We love it and we get better at it as we go along. Sometimes, though, we just don’t want to shop for a bunch of esoteric ingredients for a particular dish so we order it from professionals. Food is pretty great regardless but I’m glad I don’t have to do everything myself.

drlucky, TokyoPortrait and Jakedog like this.
  11. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

12. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I agree with Jakedog 100%.

13. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You mean to tell me you don't appreciate the way technology has made all of our lives easier? Like being asked to fill out 14 forms online by a doctor that you've seen 3 or 4 times before 10 minutes before your appointment? Or being told at work that you're now responsible for filling out and maintaining all of the human resources documentation that used to be handled by the human resources department they just down sized? Oh, it's such a wonderful brave new world! Now get offa da lawn! :p

14. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Both this and the order-on-a-tablet methods are intended to reduce head count in the restaurant.

Andy B, TokyoPortrait and Jakedog like this.
  15. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Free choice and all, that's a given. I'd go elsewhere too but its at an airport and the food is excellent. Learn a new skill, not that hard. Trust me, I see the ranty guys storm off and I'm like, cool, I'm next in line.

Besides when this mess is over, I'm sure the restaurant will go back to 'normal'.

TokyoPortrait and middy like this.
  16. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, it’s working.

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

capitalism being capitalism.
    find what works for you
    if using a QR reader to get bland pizza aint yo thang, freedom of choice is what you've got... freedom from choice is what you want....

I like gas stations where I can tap my card and have zero interactions, so, that is where I go.

keeping staff in lots of restaurants around here is impossible. nobody wants to do it and many who are doing it, hate it and it shows. Why not automate it?

If you don't like it long enough and DON'T GO, they'll switch.

I thought I'd hate self checkout at Home Depot, it is now my favorite part of shopping there. adapt and overcome!

18. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

When I lived in Greece 30-odd years ago some restaurants would take you into the kitchen, show you what was cooking on the hob, what fish was being prepared, and even what was in the freezers.

In one place on a very small island I was allowed to help myself from the fridge all day when the owners wasn't around and settle up later.

A few times he threw me his keys at night and told me to lock up when were done drinking.

19. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Wow, that sounds traumatic. I hope you managed to untwist your panties later when you got home.

20. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

It's for CO'VID reasons.

The more you think about how nasty everything that people touch is, the more you'll want to stay home?

Anyone add ketchup to their meal from the common bottle everyone uses after the restroom. Barf.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.