1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

There's so much negative talk about it, but I reckon I love California.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I wanted to move away from California when I retired, but it just didn't work out. I had the money, I had the ability, and the strength to do so, but momma just couldn't move away from the family, and I gave in and bought another place here in California.

Today it was around 77 degree F at one of the golf courses we frequent. The sky was blue, it was clear, and you could see a long distance in any direction. I remember living in northern Alabama when sometimes this time of year it looked like you were living in a black and white movie because it was so drab and cold.

I have a group of guys I play with, but I always if she's able and wants to play golf with my sweetie at least once a week. We're both 3/4 of a century old but have no trouble keeping up on the golf course. In fact we passed two groups today that were a lot younger than we are. I love seeing her be so intense about hitting her golf shots. Today we both had good days, they might not come too often, but today was a good scoring day for us both. So, living in California for me especially now that I'm retired, is kind of like being Calvin of Calvin and Hobbs during summer vacation year around.

Jakedog, jvin248, Phrygian77 and 20 others like this.
  2. TeleTucson

TeleTucson Tele-Afflicted

You're incorrigible ... but in a good kind of way.

3. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

I don’t see any negative talk about it. Where you choose to live is a lot like a TV station. If you don’t like it change it. If you like it, stick with it. Anyone who doesn’t like California can pack their crap and leave. Just like any state. Life is too short to complain about things you have control over. How was your golf game?

Rocky058 and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Is that the tax rate, unemployment rate or both? :lol: Please encourage all Californians to remain there. If they must leave, strongly suggest Seattle, Portland, New York or New Jersey. They'll feel right at home. Thank you!

BobbyMac, Dan R, Phrygian77 and 7 others like this.
  5. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Well, another hurricane passed through earlier today.

Torren61, Rocky058 and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. Stratohacker

Stratohacker Tele-Afflicted

Yes, lots of funky stuff happening in California but its a beautiful place to live.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SacDAve, tery, SlappyDuck and 12 others like this.
  7. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Afflicted

They should be allowed to leave, but only AFTER they pass a test to satisfactorily demonstrate they're compatible with the majority of humanity in their intended target destination.

mugen74 and xtelesquirex like this.
  8. Toto'sDad

Actually, I kind of like the idea of a lot of them packing up and moving out of here. It'll leave more room for those of us who stick it out.

9. Toto'sDad

I'm not complaining, rather I'm sort of like the bird in the tree whistling 'cause he's happy. I played from the men's tees today, not the seniors, and carded a 41 on the front, and 40 on the back. That's not great golf, but it's pretty good for a guy 77 years old.

Jakedog, goonie, Mad Kiwi and 6 others like this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Yes it is!

Torren61 and frank a like this.
  11. LAPlayer

LAPlayer Tele-Meister

I got your message loud and clear. And I concur. I was speaking more to people like above who have negative things to say about California. Again, if you don’t like it, stay where you’re at.

Torren61 and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Yeah, but then they come to our states and immediately want to implement the policies they fled from. Y'all created your current situation so enjoy it. Good luck!

13. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Is there a lot of negative talk about California? I haven't heard much, and I've been everywhere in the country, usually multiple times.

14. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

If they come to NJ, tell them to avoid Morris, Sussex, and Warren counties. They wouldn’t feel welcome at all! ;) :D

Torren61 and Toto'sDad like this.
  15. CV Jee Beez

CV Jee Beez Tele-Holic

Oh gosh. I'm a California native. I love California and don't think I could ever leave. I'm from SoCal but I love the whole state.

This site is based on what was created here.

FYI - When I got back from 10 days in Maui, I was thinking, home ain't bad man!

P Thought, getbent, Torren61 and 2 others like this.
  16. Toto'sDad

You know, I'm sure you think you understand our situation in California, but rest assured you don't have all of the facts, and have arrived at conclusions not necessarily based in fact.

17. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I miss California. If I could change jobs and afford a million dollar home, I would love to be back there. That's unfortunately not in the cards for me. It's got the best nature, the most variety (of everything), the best Asian food, the cutest girls, and the best booze. Most all the people who hate it don't really know anything about it.

18. Toto'sDad

There is, but it's refreshing that you haven't heard it!

Torren61 and Lake Placid Blue like this.
  19. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

CA is more than just the cities. I understand the rural northern counties are quite different. True, TD?

20. Brad_1

Brad_1 TDPRI Member

If your happy in California,then that is the place for you. Isn't it wonderful to live in a country where we can?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.