There were some great bands in the 70s and 80s, KISS was obviously the greatest (Fave KISS song?)

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by blowtorch, Oct 8, 2019.

1. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I also knew exactly where to change the channel on the 8 Track K-Tel to listen to Hard Luck Woman.

The Melvins out God Of Thundered the God of thunder.

I have to admit that up to Alive II era was pretty spectacular. After that not so much.

OttoCorrect likes this.
  2. Jim603

Jim603 Tele-Meister

Almost Human. Love Gun as a great album IMHO.:)

blowtorch likes this.
  3. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted

Yah, if I'd been a few years older my "gateway band" probably would have been Zep or Sabbath; a few years younger and I would have been heavily into Van Halen. As it was, I saw Kiss on TV when I was 11 and I knew immediately what I wanted to do with my life. It's been 44 years since then and my lead playing probably still sounds more like Ace than any other guitarist. I regret nothing.

4. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

When I was five, my cool cousin Mary Ann gave me her copy of Destroyer on 8-track. I was pretty hooked. I can remember having weird borderline-nightmare Kiss-themed dreams.

Of course, by adolescence, my tastes had developed in a totally different direction. But I’ve always enjoyed Kiss and saw them live a couple of times in 96-97, when they brought Ace and Peter back into the band.

Best band of that era? LMAO ... but they were definitely important in ways.

5. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Meister

Never my thing, sorry. I love tons of stuff, from the 50's through the 90's, in too many genres to list. Kiss hit a high water mark for me in the early 70's when they were on one of those late-night concert broadcasts. The outlandish stage presence was fun but not one song could I remember. They sell it well to a demographic that doesn't include me.

6. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

"There were some great bands in the 70s and 80s, KISS was obviously the greatest"

Looks like somebody drank Genes Kool-Aid :D
    Great entertainers yes... great band?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.