There may be a lot of things wrong with California, but the weather isn't one of them.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I ain't trying to judge anybody's relationship ' cause they're all different, but your post got me thinking I don't have a single buddy, and I have a few, that would call me dead broke asking for golf and breakfast. Just wouldn't happen, especially if they were dead broke.

You'd have to know that not only had we been golfing buddies, but we had worked together for several years. Then he got a good job as a field superintendent and got me on board when I was looking for a job. As usual in the construction business, my friend's situation changed for the worse. I don't forget those who have helped along the way. I made a hole in one when he was playing with me, he went to a trophy shop and had a trophy made with the event inscribed on it and my name inscribed as well.

boxocrap

Tele-Afflicted
Wednesday is golf day for my wife and I, so that's what we did yesterday. The weather was perfect for shorts, and short sleeves. Around 77 degrees where we played at. Met a nice fellow who teamed up with us. Kind of odd, last week we played with a guy who kept bragging about a place he had eaten breakfast at. This week we played with the guy who is part owner of the restaurant!

I woke up this morning at six and realized I have been on a golf binge for about three weeks. Played a number of times with family and friends. I'm kind of worn out today. The weather is going to be short sleeves and shorts for at least the next week or so. I'm a warm weather lad, I can't really express my disdain for cold weather. We have so little cold weather, well what passes for cold weather here, that I shouldn't complain, but I'm always glad when we hit March again. I'd way rather it be too warm than too cold.
i agree..i'm in canada

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
I have lived in California my whole life and I just turned 70 last month. I have been to just about every state in the country and all have their plus and minuses. I feel lucky because it was a great place to grow up and I got to experience a great youth culture while living here that was incredible.

California has its problems, that's for sure. However, what I don't understand is for all the griping and complaining, people still want to move here in the droves. I just don't get it. If this state emptied out 50% percent of the current population, we would still have more than our share. Nobody wants to leave and if they do, there are 2 others or more to take their places. Are houses worth what they are selling for? Hell no, not in my opinion but nobody is listening to me. I don't know how this will all pan out in the long run, but it won't resolve itself anytime soon I can tell you that.
What?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...state-population-declines-first-time-n1266740

claes

Tele-Afflicted
My window 5 minutes ago. And I have an outdoor gig in six hours (christmas)

Attachments

• 4 dec.jpg
    4 dec.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 13