There may be a lot of things wrong with California, but the weather isn't one of them.

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
Chico is a long ways from Santa Barbara.
Yes, I misunderstood your original point. I get it now. Indeed, Santa Barbara weather is the most perfect weather in all of California, arguably. So people are leaving for other reasons-- mainly housing affordability issues. Lots of folks I know have moved to Reno, actually....

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yes, I misunderstood your original point. I get it now. Indeed, Santa Barbara weather is the most perfect weather in all of California, arguably. So people are leaving for other reasons-- mainly housing affordability issues. Lots of folks I know have moved to Reno, actually....

I think I've mentioned maybe to you, but for sure on this forum that my wife and I lived in Santa Barbara briefly during the mid-sixties. It was a glorious experience! Had I known the things, or even a portion thereof of what I know now, I would have carved out a niche to live there permanently.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I'm looking forward to some cold temps and some rain! It has been gorgeous the last few weeks, extraordinarily so, but, I'm ready for the full on marine layer, some wind, some rain...

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion...-Californians-aren-t-fleeing-for-16133792.php

https://www.kcra.com/article/california-leaving-whos-moving-in/36358172#

ran across these articles a week ago and found it pretty interesting... I don't plan to go anywhere (unless I buy a town in the Dakotas or Nebraska) or something... but, it is kind of interesting how folks migrate, and migrate more and then again.

ce24

Poster Extraordinaire
We love going to the Gaslamp quarter for vacation around Halloween..... They close off streets and have parades... Personally like the chromed out stretched out bicycle choppers our Latino brothers sport...amazing bikes !

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
I love living in California, we do have are warts as they say, but being able to play golf all year long is my number 1 love for where I live. Having grown up in CT. having to live through the winters I much prefer this climate. Not to mention Prop 13 sure is nice, when I lived in CT. I watched my property taxes more than double in 6 years.

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Oh Ya?

Every time I visit my dad in Spokane, I get lit up by an unmarked Highway Patrol, for going 2-3 over the speed limit. :lol:

Oh, and whether it's my Dad's in Spokane, or my Uncle in Seattle, I don't think I've ever seen the sun shine in either place lol.

They have very little humor when it comes to issuing citations. That is true in lots of places but very very true in both Oregon and Washington.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic

I lived in Santa Barbara from 1980 to 1987 it is absolutely beautiful.....But man, housing is expensive. My good friend stayed and he did buy a house and now his little 2 bedroom 1 bath house in the San Roque area is now valued at 1.2 mil. If they ever overturn over Prop 13 there will so many people who will not be able to pay their taxes.

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
I moved to SoCal for retirement. Crazy, huh?

I love this place!

I did too. But I am up North near Sacramento. Well it might not have been such a crazy idea, and that would depend the time frame that you moved here. Anytime from 2007 to 2011 was a buyers market and there was a large amount of inventory to choose from.

Jim_in_DC

TDPRI Member
Silver Supporter
You’re absolutely right. We bought our house in 2011. The timing was quite favorable.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Wednesday is golf day for my wife and I, so that's what we did yesterday. The weather was perfect for shorts, and short sleeves. Around 77 degrees where we played at.

I woke up this morning at six and realized I have been on a golf binge for about three weeks. Played a number of times with family and friends. I'm kind of worn out today. The weather is going to be short sleeves and shorts for at least the next week or so. I'm a warm weather lad, I can't really express my disdain for cold weather. We have so little cold weather, well what passes for cold weather here, that I shouldn't complain, but I'm always glad when we hit March again. I'd way rather it be too warm than too cold.

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted to go to California, gonna move their as soon as I get enough money, weather is a huge thing and I here that their attitude to life for better or worse is more come as you are.

I truly wanted to move out of California, truly I did, and made plans to do so. I had the money, had things all geared up to go. My kids went to work on momma, and before you know it, my plans were in shambles, and I was buying another house. Now, it seems all of the people who we were moving to Arkansas to be around have pulled up stakes and moved to Florida. I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted to have to move twice.

I've played golf all through the problems we've been facing the last couple of years, went about my business as usual. I happen to live in a place where a lot of people wouldn't want to live, that's fine with me. Everyone I know has the same brand of crazy that I have here, so I don't have to make any adjustments. Bakersfield California, you just can't beat it for Okies, and Oilwells!

slauson slim

Poster Extraordinaire
California.

EFEE8EAB-AC43-48CB-88EA-1E56FC2E4D08.jpeg
A07D49FC-8416-4AC3-9103-A044B90D346F.jpeg