There is a Special Place

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
At least they are easier to replace

I’m goin there anyway so might as well like detachable power chords

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
Back in the late 90s I was gonna try out for a band. I forgot the power chord for my JCM900 at the house an hour away. Needless to say I didn't get that gig.

Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I keep a few detachable power cords in my cable bag.
My Fishman Loudbox and GK bass amp use em’.
Perhaps the OP might consider getting a couple of spares.

JJLC

Tele-Holic
self control is good, self governance is good too; something to learn ...............

WalthamMoosical

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Times always get tougher.

Back in the late 90s I was gonna try out for a band. I forgot the chord for my JCM900 at the house an hour away. Needless to say I didn't get that gig.

Story has it in the late 60s Martin Barre forgot his guitar cable when he went for an audition. But eventually he did join Jethro Tull.

I think these days if you forget some such component that ought to be a commodity, you will suffer everlasting shame via the Internet. AND not get the gig.

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I'm okay with detachable power cords. It's the convex spoons that really chafe my backside:

upload_2020-8-8_17-47-14.jpeg

swervinbob

Friend of Leo's
Times always get tougher.

Story has it in the late 60s Martin Barre forgot his guitar cable when he went for an audition. But eventually he did join Jethro Tull.

I think these days if you forget some such component that ought to be a commodity, you will suffer everlasting shame via the Internet. AND not get the gig.

Back then, of coarse they had no spare power chord because we all were broke and every last dollar we had was invested in that one amp and one or two guitars. Spare power chords. Ha!

Of coarse they may have had one and said "Look at this idiot. Too stupid to remember his chord." And I wouldn't have blamed them.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
in hay ell for the mucking foron(s) who decided detachable power cords were the way to go. That is all.
I agree totally. I have spares, too many, but why add another thing....
next up: Amp makers that put the fuse inside the chassis!

1300 E Valencia

Friend of Leo's
What!? You don't have a dedicated clipboard checklist for this stuff!? :lol:
This is why you have two IEC cables. One in the bag, and one in the car.
There are two levels of spares: The spares in the cable bag that gets loaded in every time, and the second bag of "deep spares" always out in the car; the extra IEC cable (that's what it's called), the tools, the strings, the fuses, the batteries, the tubes, the strap, the extra-long A/C cables, all the stuff that may be needed, but the band will have to take a break anyway for the issue to be fixed, so it's OK if the stuff is out in the car.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
I like the fact that I can keep a few spares on hand, and if one gets damaged, I can easily replace it, whether for a guitar amp, computer, piece of stereo gear, or other device. I think it's a great invention, like sliced bread, lol. Don't blame the product for your absent-mindedness. That's like blaming lock makers for being locked out of your house, because you forgot your keys.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
That is stupid! Even worse (or just as bad) is the Vox amps where you have to remove the chassis (or at least take the back panel off) to change tubes.

Bella

Tele-Meister
Yeah I, too, prefer them for their ease of replacement. Spare in gig bag, and I just leave one 'permanently' plugged in to the amp.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I hate that whenever I dig a beer can out of the cooler and there's no pop-top on the top.
Or, even worse, it's on the BOTTOM of the beer can. No matter how careful you are, when you hold the can above your mouth to open it, you're bound to spill some. ;)
Fuses inside the chassis is just a passive/aggressive amp maker.