The Yamaha THR5 is Nothing But a Toy

TBOT

TDPRI Member
A Toy that makes me want to play guitar constantly. That will only make me a better guitar player.

I can’t get over how good it sounds. It feels like I’m playing guitar through a Bose Bluetooth speaker in the best possible way.

But the thing I really can’t get over, is how it sounds playing along with backing tracks without headphones. I am not above jamming along with my favorite albums. It is so astonishing to me how once I match the tone and get the volume right, it sounds like I’m playing on the damn record. And without headphones.

Esquire Jones

Tele-Holic
Congrats.
I remember when the Tom Sholz rock man first came out. Hard to unplug
Still have my Rockman from the 80’s.

I plugged it in recently and it still works!

Yup that same flat, lifeless chorus wash. 😆

Seriously, I got a lot of good practice time over the years with that thing.

Been curious about the Yamaha unit.

jklemm18

TDPRI Member
This is what I wanted my Spark 40 to be but the popping and hissing were too much and I just would get lost trying to adjust the noise gate. Glad you are having a nice time. The bluetooth feature is priceless.

TBOT

TDPRI Member
This is what I wanted my Spark 40 to be but the popping and hissing were too much and I just would get lost trying to adjust the noise gate. Glad you are having a nice time. The bluetooth feature is priceless.

The THR5 doesn’t have Bluetooth. I just use the aux and it works great. I believe the higher models in the THR product line have Bluetooth.

kinkstah

Tele-Afflicted
A Toy that makes me want to play guitar constantly. That will only make me a better guitar player.

I can’t get over how good it sounds. It feels like I’m playing guitar through a Bose Bluetooth speaker in the best possible way.

But the thing I really can’t get over, is how it sounds playing along with backing tracks without headphones. I am not above jamming along with my favorite albums. It is so astonishing to me how once I match the tone and get the volume right, it sounds like I’m playing on the damn record. And without headphones.
I can relate!
For a long time, I never felt attracted by, or tried, any small modelling amps that I liked. Yet, I was in need of something allowing me to play late at home, without waking up kids and not using headphones, and with a satisfying tone. The THR5 did it for me, which came as a surprise (when I first saw how it looks, I thought the salesman -who eventually convinced me to try it in the shop- was joking!). As it turned out, I loved what I heard, bought it and still am glad I did!

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep, the THR5 is a life changer. Amazing sound. Best toy I have ever bought. Mics up really well for recording, too.