The Wonderful Ignore Option

MrClint

Tele-Holic
There's only one reason for me to ignore someone, and it's a minor nit but it still grinds my gears a bit, and that's the folks that post their recorded tracks in Twanger Central (and all over the guitar web forum landscape) and never provide comments or likes to other people's tracks. No encouragement, no give only take, and no sense of friendliness or community. Just unabashedly dumping tracks to get YouTube and SoundCloud listens. I mostly just use the ignore button to unclutter the forum so that I don't miss posts from actively participating forum members. :)

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Me neither. I don’t need a computer to do that for me. I chose to join a forum. That comes with the knowledge that people will say things I don’t like, and they in turn may not like what I say. Ignoring buttons don’t change that.

you're making to much sense to me , please stop it.
I always thought that obnoxious was the same as charming
WHOOPS!:oops:
I just din' unner stan'. Really , anyway If you send me monthly installments of multi-denominational stacks of real cash , not bit coins or cyber funny money you can buy your way off my ignore list, but once the payments stop it's back on the ignore list. O.K. that seems like a good deal what's more important feeling good about your look good or money?
Why am I asking? The losers on my ignore list wouldn't get it anyway, DUH!:rolleyes:

ultra bright.jpg

Addnine

Tele-Holic
If someone is offended, either something offensive has been said, or the offendee is a breathless twit.

Figuring out which is the case is typically a waste of time, as the trivial "virtue" of niceness is vastly overrated in any case and is unfortunately replacing more substantial virtues with each passing day.

guitar_paul1

Tele-Holic
Whoa I wasn't aware of the "ignore" function. Guess I never needed it. People here are generally so much more pleasant than other forums (fora?) it never occurred to me

PeterUK

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
post is hidden because user is on ignore list

It's probably said further down the thread but it seems that it you ignore someone (I have several), they can still see your threads and comment, you just don't see their reply.

So here's to you, douche bag, who thinks DUI is funny!

I can't see your pathetic attempt at humour.

Blue Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I just checked; nobody is on my ignore list. There was some pest, a few years ago, who wouldn't stop being a loudmouth on many of the threads I was following. I think I put him on ignore. I can't remember who it was, I think he got tossed.

I'm very curious whose ignore list I'm on. Sometimes it's super interesting to find out someone is disgusted and offended by something I say. I'm not as surprised by it now, as I used to be.

goonie

Friend of Leo's
I only have one person on ignore....

I checked it out....

he's stayin.

haha just 3 on ignore and they all well and truly belong there.Folks can put it down as 'thin-skinned', whatever, I'm too thick-skinned to GAF. :)
Life's too short to waste time reading useless contributions from serial @sswipes.

Torren61

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I love your posts @Torren61! And I love your new (old) avatar!! I've never seen a post from you that would offend.

I am in the camp of @drf64 and others in this thread. I don't have anyone on iggy. I have found all people, including myself, are capable of offensive posts, but not 100% of the time.
Oh, I have PUHLENTY of offensive posts to my credit. But, thank you! I like nearly everyone I haven't put on "ignore", lol. (As you can see, you're not on ignore!)