The Who/Rush/Doughboys/All Systems Go Fans

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
This video has been on Youtube for years and only had 6 likes (and one is mine from years ago!)

It's some kind of Canadian all-star band with John Kastner from The Doughboys/All Systems Go and Alex Lifeson from Rush covering The Who's 'Run Run Run' ... not sure who the other guys are, anyone know? .... anyway, if you like give it a like. 😉

I'd love to know more about this gig if there's any local Canadians here 'Andy Kim Xmas Mod Club Dec 10 2008' if you were there, who else played what was it all about?

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
A friend of mine got one of Kastner’s dreads caught in her nose piercing. That’s all I got.

Cheers,
Geoff

bigbobbyboogie

TDPRI Member
Andy Kim Christmas is a big show in Toronto every year. Proceeds are donated to CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health).
Always a pretty big event with lots of excellent artists. The 2021 show was held at the newly renovated Massey Hall and had (in addition to Andy Kim) Billy Talent, The Sheepdogs, Ron Sexsmith, Alex Lifeson, Jully Black, Tyler Shaw, Sloan, William Prince, Mary Margaret O’Hara, Jake Clemons, Men Without Hats, Pursuit of Happiness, Theo Tams, Beverly Mahood, Georgia Harmer, Choir, Choir, Choir.

"The concert takes the form of a classic variety entertainment show, one featuring holiday performances by some of Canada's top singers/songwriters and performers. Past guests include Sarah McLachlan, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Russell Peters, Sean Cullen, Kim Mitchell, City and Colour, Nelly Furtado, The Strumbellas, Tom Cochrane, Michel Pagliaro, Cowboy Junkies, Barenaked Ladies, The Trews, Feist, Amy Millan, Sam Roberts, Lights, Maestro, James Black & Rick Jackett from Finger Eleven, Serena Ryder, Colin James, Sarah Harmer, Jacksoul, BUCK65, Honeymoon Suite, Arkells, k-os, Tom Wilson, Tomi Swick, Bobby Bazini, and many more."

Geoff738

Poster Extraordinaire
Andy Kim aka Baron Longfellow is a Canadian singer who has been putting on his annual Christmas charity show for probably a couple decades now.

Cheers,
Geoff

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
Thanks, everyone.

That's the second time The Archies have come up in a matter of weeks, coincidentally that song was #1 on the day I was born.