The Who is coming and Im going

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Guitardvark, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

the who been around a few times but I always had to work. not this time sooooo, going to see The Who. I call em "the Whos Left"..

Rogers voice was pretty much gone last time he was here but they had help for that.

Pete still plays like a mad man and he got toted off on a cart dolly cus his windmill took off on him and did his back in..

the guitars sounded great though...Love the music too.

saw the who when bob marley opened for them. I mean no one knew who he was but knew he had shot the sheriff but did not shoot the deputy ,bec eric said so.

Keith moon was so drunk I remember the roadies holding him up on his drum throne to keep him from fallin off. He finally got up and jus kicked all the drums over that he hadnt already demolished.. YAH buddy then Pete tore up a guitar and smashed an amp too.. Yay That was The Who..

I dont think Pete is smashin anything else up these last years but his fingers and his back..

but you know one more time long live rock and dont be the last one to throw up at the bar :)

Greggorios, Omiewise65, DonM and 3 others like this.
  2. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

I never saw them in the old days or even the semi old daze but did see them do Quadrophenia a few years back and the 50 year hits tour. Before that saw Roger touring "Tommy". Gotta love em.

3. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

I saw them a year or so after Entwistle died. I was never really into them, although I had the Tommy Soundtrack and Who's Next. Went with a bunch of friends and they completely blew me away - great musicians, great show. Complete surprise for me.

4. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

yes its an awesome show bec there is so much that goes on behind them all that make it great..

technology... pete has a few guitars but has all the sounds from his digital pete catalog of tones.

its very surprising to say the least that its impressive...its not like madonna lip stinkin.

its a well produced and managed show .that makes them great events for everyone. especially when the band mates are happy too :).

Greggorios and 57fenderstrat like this.
  5. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

I remember I was allowed to stay up late so that I could tape the radio simulcast of their "Farewell Tour" in 1982. As a kid I was such a fan, I wanted to see them so badly. I managed to avoid all the subsequent tours, but a friend bought me a ticket when they swung through Pittsburgh on this most recent tour. We were literally in the last row, all the way back, with our backs against the curtain they pull whenever its not a hockey game. It was a little weird seeing them play with a full orchestra, but awesome none the less.

Ironically, the only time I saw Pete solo was in the early '90's at the Berkeley Community Theater, from the very last row.

Guitardvark and 57fenderstrat like this.
  6. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

My wife was at a big corporate event in San Francisco about 10 years ago and the had Aerosmith for entertainment. They also had Daughtry,or so my wife thought so some of them left Aerosmith to go see Daughtry and she was severely disappointed that it was "some old dude". Roger Daltry lol. She had no idea who he was.

Greggorios and Guitardvark like this.
  7. blackbelt308

blackbelt308 Tele-Holic

Saw them last week at Blossom Music Center near Cleveland... It was a fantastic show!

8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

I've seen The Who live three times....all before Keith died. They were all "Amazing Journeys". ;)
    I've been a Who fan since around 1965(?).....and still have my original copy of The Who sings...My Generation LP. My copy of Tommy is so worn, you can almost hear the music from the OPPOSITE side of the disc through the worn grooves.
    Now that Keith and John are gone, it brings a whole new meaning to the question Who's Next......
    Enjoy the concert, and please report back afterwards.....;)

9. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

great show what there was of it... rogers voice blew out after the tommy opening set. see me feel me killed him. but he nailed it.
    got thru 2 more songs who are you and Eminence front. took an intermission pete came out said roger was done for the night.

they did mention the last time they were here about the allergies that ill affect them and well i live here ,i know all too well how fast that stuff can knock ya down.

no hard feelings everyone stood up gave em a standing ovation and started out..the guys are old and i we us feel like its just a joy to see em at all..

maybe one more time then pete? its hard to get a refund on complimentary tickets :)

10. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

Oh no! Too bad.

When I saw them in Pittsburgh there were several announcements about not smoking weed because Roger is allergic.

So maybe someone down front was smoking some mother nature, but this time Roger was the bust.

I hope you enjoyed yourself anyways.

Guitardvark likes this.
  11. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Meister

Oh no ! Was that the Houston show ?

Guitardvark likes this.
  12. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

I just saw them @ Alpine valley a couple of weeks back - fantastic show! loved the extended "Tommy" and "quadrophenia" segments!!

13. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I saw them on the Quadrophenia tour in Wash., DC and they were great. An unknown guy named Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for them. I saw them again a couple of years later at Angels Stadium. Chaka Kahn and Rufus opened. They did a 45 min. segment in the middle of the concert of Tommy. Just outstanding show. Two times they almost pulled the plug on bands at Angel Stadium because the upper deck started swaying up and down too much. I was there both times; Fun Fun Fun by The Beach Boys and Won’t Get Fooled Again. Ah, the good old days.

14. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

yeah houston...his voice might need some time but just getting out of houston seems to help most people :)..still 90 degrees here sticky hot moldy malarial swamp infested flood prone snake pit of my hometown..

the 40 piece orchestra live tommy overture was awesome indeed. pete said the song wasnt always done with such respect but it always deserved it..the no weed sign was up but there was no odor or scent of it and was posted all backstage no smoking..

kind of sad now yu guys all had such a good time :)...

hey i got tool and chainsmokers next month to make up for it.

15. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

Greggorios likes this.
  16. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The title leaves me wondering who's coming or going?

17. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

I was quite a fan - there was a time when I was around 16,17 when I could sing along most of the songs...
    Luckily I saw with Entwistle.
    I wouldn't go to a concert now - but only because I'm fed up with large venues and prefer smaller halls or clubs.
    But Townshend and Daltrey still rock the stage - let's be honest, Daltrey always was a great singer, but not a "good" singer anyway.
    And if Simon Townshend, Zak Starkey and Pino Palladino join them live, they have a terrific band (I'm not dissing the rest of the liveband, I just don't know who they are....)!
    Enjoy the concert!

Greggorios likes this.
  18. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Meister

On Pete’s Instagram he said they will try to be back next year because they will be coming for the jazz festival. He said they will try to do Houston and Dallas etc right before it.

Greggorios likes this.
  19. Toast

Toast Tele-Holic

The Who - "515"

Greggorios and 57fenderstrat like this.
  20. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

Entwistle and Moon are dead.

It’s not The Who.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.