The White Lotus...anyone watching?

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Anyone watching The White Lotus on HBO? If so, who do you think the dead body floating in the water in episode 1 was? If you aren't watching maybe you should? I'm intrigued...
1669748031598.png

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Just about everyone who has appeared on screen is on someone’s sh.. list, so it could be anyone.

Hopefully it’s Greg.

Amazing show, both seasons.
I like Season 2 better than season one. I don't know why it would be Greg, though unless he comes back and starts stuff up with Quentin and company. I thought at first it might be Cameron but he's the kind of jerk who always survives. Then I thought it might be Jack, but the last episode changed my mind, so right now my money is on Rocco.

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
Tanya has a load of pharmaceuticals in her medicine chest. Accidental death?

Albie might be biting off more than he can chew by falling in love with a hooker.

Maybe grandpa takes a blue pill and goes for it…heart attack.

However, from what I recall from E1, there were three dead guests. I don’t know if that includes Jack as it isn’t clear he’s staying at the resort.

Fun and sexy show.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I like Season 2 better than season one. I don't know why it would be Greg, though unless he comes back and starts stuff up with Quentin and company. I thought at first it might be Cameron but he's the kind of jerk who always survives. Then I thought it might be Jack, but the last episode changed my mind, so right now my money is on Rocco.

It probably won't be him, but there are a number of reasons why it could be, if not this season then next if his character comes back. He has been emotionally abusive this season. Textbook gaslighting with the cookies, or whatever it was, earlier in the season. And there was a preview a couple weeks ago that suggested he is involved in a financial scam against his wife.

He's not a neutral character and he wouldn't be in the show if there wasn't reason for him to be offed.

Last edited:

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
First season was great-- pretty much everyone was despicable, sorta like Succession.

With season one of "The White Lotus," I think of it more as everyone was right, but also wrong, to some degree. The only one who was 100% wrong was the hotel manager. Dude, your job is to pamper and spoil people who give you their money. If you don't like it, get another job.

adjason

Poster Extraordinaire
I enjoy the show a lot- I like season 2 quite a bit better than season one. My vote is the grandson square dude kills the prostitutes "pimp"

northernguitar

Poster Extraordinaire
I enjoy the show a lot- I like season 2 quite a bit better than season one. My vote is the grandson square dude kills the prostitutes "pimp"
Or pimp offs square dude trying to ‘save’ her. The premise is that three guests get killed-all on one day, it would seem!

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
With season one of "The White Lotus," I think of it more as everyone was right, but also wrong, to some degree. The only one who was 100% wrong was the hotel manager. Dude, your job is to pamper and spoil people who give you their money. If you don't like it, get another job.

I felt that character was very realistic. People who work in service fields commonly have a very dim view of those they serve.

If we want our TV characters to be unflawed, TV will be aggressively boring.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
I felt that character was very realistic. People who work in service fields commonly have a very dim view of those they serve.

If we want our TV characters to be unflawed, TV will be aggressively boring.

Oh, no. I don't want them unflawed. And the great thing about "The White Lotus" was that they were complex characters who weren't necessarily right or wrong, good or bad.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
Very absorbing (and makes you want to visit Sicily, stat). Also enjoying The English on Prime.
The English was phenomenal, and way more grim than the trailers let on.

Can’t do the Lotus show. Comes off a bit soap opera. Great cast tho

Hodgo88

Tele-Holic
Ad Free Member
Well, I went off and watched the first season after poking around this thread, but we didn't start S2 yet so I still don't know the answer.

I thought there were pieces that stood on their own as interesting character exploration, and the contrast of ugliness and paradise was fun. Still, it left a bitter taste in my mouth that I think the creator intended.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the music! The theme is pretty wild.