The Wampler Terraform -- Why I love it for country picking

Cody_J

Tele-Meister
Hey Everyone! I made a very short video demoing a few different ways I love to use the Terraform for country gigs. I know I'm a little late to the game with this pedal being released around a year ago, but I picked it up recently and could not be happier.

In a nutshell, most of the bands that hire me for fill-in gigs or short runs/tours do not require much in the way of modulation effects (a lot of traditional country just doesn't use much). At the same time, I also prefer to carry as little as possible in terms of gear for those types of gigs, so small format pedalboards are perfect for me. However, that means eliminating anything from the board that isn't absolutely necessary.

What's nice about this pedal for country gigs (and I suspect other genres as well) is that it gives you the ability to dial up different, good sounding modulation effects pretty quickly and easily for those occasional moments where the song calls for modulation. For country picking, most of the time that means tremolo, phase, and sometimes even chorus. All three of which the Terraform does really well.

RetroTeleRod

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Nice demo! The Terraform sounds really good. It's good to have a small grab and go board on hand. Here's a shot of the travel board I built to fit inside my guitar case. Case in one hand, amp in the other and I'm good to go. At the time I had a Yellow Comp, Rat, Black Cat Mini Tremolo and a Hardwire RV-7 Reverb on it.

Attachments

• TravelBoard2.jpg
    TravelBoard2.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 24

Cody_J

Tele-Meister
Nice demo! The Terraform sounds really good. It's good to have a small grab and go board on hand. Here's a shot of the travel board I built to fit inside my guitar case. Case in one hand, amp in the other and I'm good to go. At the time I had a Yellow Comp, Rat, Black Cat Mini Tremolo and a Hardwire RV-7 Reverb on it.
Thank you! And that is such a perfect setup! It covers a lot of bases, and it's super compact. Too cool!

El Tele Lobo

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
That's an excellent, straightforward and concise demo, @Cody_J. I've been gassing for a Terraform for a year or so. I'm just a bedroom player, so kinda hard to justify it still, but I may pull the trigger on one yet. You have put it back on my radar.

I also subbed your channel.

Cody_J

Tele-Meister
That's an excellent, straightforward and concise demo, @Cody_J. I've been gassing for a Terraform for a year or so. I'm just a bedroom player, so kinda hard to justify it still, but I may pull the trigger on one yet. You have put it back on my radar.

I also subbed your channel.
Thank you so much! Also, let me be the devil on your shoulder and say GET IT. Haha. I know I just spent an entire video saying that this is great for gigs, but it's also just a super fun and simple pedal to tool around on around the house/for practicing.

I also appreciate you saying that about the demo. That was the idea for the three minute format the begin with -- straightforward and concise. It really awesome that you described it like that. Thank you so much, again!