The Virtues of the Humble EQ Pedal

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by scottser, May 29, 2020.

1. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

So yesterday I put away the marshall and plugged in my VHT Special 6, prompted by the amount times that I've recommended it on here to folks looking for a smaller amp.

I usually use a tiny pedalboard with it, just a tuner, EQ and reverb. The circuit has a number of power-scaling options plus a pentode/cathode switch in each setting. I've always found that rather using another drive pedal, an EQ is the perfect compliment to an amp with one tone control as you can get all of your creamy blues or raspy hendrix tones with the push of a few faders. Clean boost? No problem. Chimey sparkle? No problem. Want to use an acoustic instrument in there? Fill your boots.

The say 'less is more' but an EQ is the key to getting a whole lot more for just a little less less.

2. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Wouldn't it be far simpler to buy boutique pickups, a replacement custom speaker, jeweled titanium saddles, and 50-year-old paper caps soaked in myrrh? I mean whatever sounds good to you, but you're clearly overthinking the whole process, imo. ymmv.

3. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve just put mine on the board I use for my solid body mandolin. Takes the bite out.

Others use them as boosters or drive pedals. Very versatile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    scottser likes this.
  4. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

given the love for champs on here i would have thought that if you were going to run a pedal into one, an EQ would be more than enough.

dlew919 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.