1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Unexplained

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Nope, nope and same with ghosts, nope .... I have many more unexplainable things happen in every day life than with any ghostly, paranormal or supernatural event :eek:

Steerforth likes this.
  2. DjimiWrey

DjimiWrey Tele-Meister

Steerforth likes this.
  3. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

The last time I went backpacking, after enjoying an evening meal of kebobs made with spam and the mushrooms found around the campsite, Daryl and I discussed this very subject. We agreed it was for the most part bunk.

Steerforth likes this.
  4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

If these phenomena are strong enough to cause other people to alter their behavior and their beliefs, it isn't enough to just deny they exist. To some degree they do exist, even if only in the minds of others.

Example: Building contractors in a small town in Ohio built the frozen pizza plant, partially on the sacred ground of an old cemetery. Enough people knew about it that only the most hard luck people in town were willing to work at that plant. Accidents at the plant were attributed to the unholy mistake of the placement of the building foundation over the bones of early Ohioans. Pretty soon nobody would eat "Ron's" frozen pizza in Fairfield or Franklin counties, that I knew. One girl, Patricia, her father worked there but nobody was supposed to know. When there was a vicious car/semi wreck out on US Route 40, the pizza plant was deemed to be at fault.

If you owned a stake in this business, the balance sheet ....... would that be an apparition?

Steerforth likes this.
  5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The inexplicable stuff is #stuffwecanttalkabout.

Steerforth likes this.
  6. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I lived in Fairfield County for about nine years, but I never heard this story. Now I have to ask some of my acquaintances who still live there.

Steerforth likes this.
  7. Rocky058

Rocky058 Tele-Holic

I think this will explain everything.

[​IMG]

Steerforth likes this.
  8. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

All right, now I’ll tell you a true story. Make of it what you will. There are many witnesses who would confirm everything that I’m going to tell you, and more.

In the early 1990s, I was bitten by a wolf on a night illuminated by one of those gigantic, sky-filling full moons that look like they’re going to come right down and touch the Earth. I still have the scar on my left forearm.

I was at a friend’s place up north and the wolves lived on his property. He and the wolves were on good terms. He’s an unusual fellow.

The wolf that bit me was the alpha male. He was huge. He didn’t mean to bite me. He was after a pup that I was holding that was born to him by a female other than his life mate.

When he lunged at the pup, I blocked him with my left forearm and he chomped down on me instead of the pup. He felt terrible about it, and apologized profusely, in the manner that wolves do.

Ever since then, wolves like me, wherever I encounter them. Back when I was dating Mrs. Steerforth we were up north at my parents house. We happened to look out the window and saw an obviously wild wolf, looking about as scary as a wolf can look, come out of the woods, cross the country road, and go into the field above the house.

I turned to Mrs. Steerforth and said, “Watch this.” Against everyone’s protests, I stepped out the door and called to him. He stopped, looked at me for a moment, then came toward me, head low.

Mrs. Steerforth says that she thought, “Oh no! I just met this guy and now I’m going to see him killed by a wolf!”

The wolf came to me and I let him smell my hand, then reached up and petted him. He liked that. I petted him for a few moments, then told him to come with me. He followed me to the front door and waited while I got some food.

He accepted the food from me, ate it all, then took a nap for half an hour or so in the bushes by the house before continuing on to his destination. No one else would leave the house. He was pretty scary looking.

While we were visiting at my parents’ house, Mrs. Steerforth wouldn’t open her room’s windows at night because the wolves gathered round the house close and serenaded us each night. She said, “It sounds like the soundtrack to a horror movie!” I still tease her if we hear a wolf somewhere, and in my best Dracula voice say to her, “Ah! The children of the night. Such music they make!”

Since I was bitten, any wolf in the area will seek me out. The old house was three-tenths of a mile back in. Somebody dumped a little female wolf out on the road. She could have gone anywhere, there were closer houses and a lot of wilderness. But she came straight to our house and sat just inside the weeds at the edge of the property and waited. Mrs. Steerforth saw her, but she wouldn’t come near her. I walked out and she trotted right over to me.

We stopped at a small zoo once, with a bunch of wolves inside a tall hurricane fence. The guide warned everyone not to get too close as they were not friendly, and indeed the wolves growled at the other people. I stepped forward and the growling stopped. The wolves pressed themselves against the hurricane fence, trying to get closer to me. I put my fingers through the fence and scratched them. The guide was dumbfounded. “I’ve never seen them do that before! I guess they like you,” he told us.

A couple of times a year, I’ll hear a wolf sound off out back. They call once, then they’re gone. I know the difference between a coyote call and a wolf call. It’s definitely a wolf call and sounds very different than the local coyotes. It’s like they pass by just to say hello and check on me. We live a long way from anyplace that could be considered wolf territory. But each year, they pass by a couple of times.

Why is this? I don’t know. Maybe they have a group mind or species consciousness or something. But if I’m around, they’re always happy to see me and friendly as can be. They don’t want anything to do with any other humans, but I’m accepted and welcomed.

So there’s my unexplained story. And I can produce multiple, reliable witnesses, educated people not given to woo woo stories or beliefs, who will confirm that it’s all true, and more.

“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

trev333 and Jake909 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.