1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Unexplained

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Sep 6, 2020.

1. CajunJ

CajunJ Tele-Holic

Anything is possible in the simulation.

2. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Norris Vulcan and Steerforth like this.
  3. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I was on the back deck smoking a cigarette in Pueblo, CO. It was around 9pm. I was gazing up at the sky, as I often do. I saw a light moving across the sky moving from 11 o’clock towards the center. It was far away and moving quite quickly. It got to the “center” and then it changed direction moving towards 2 o’clock. The thing that was weird about it is that the object did not slow down. The change in direction was immediate. I know of nothing that can do that.

Steerforth and dougstrum like this.
  4. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

You stupid person, brilliant!

Weazel and Steerforth like this.
  5. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

it was @Obsessed inventing a new source of energy. He's kind of an animal person, that explains the dual dog alarm.

6. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Late one night I was walking home and saw a small, green man above head height, walking into the air’. He didn’t seem to actually go anywhere and was making a strange beeping noise. Just as I told myself to get a grip and started to head for home he suddenly changed colour to red and went silent. I admit I was spooked. I broke into a run across them road and came within three feet of getting run over!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Steerforth likes this.
  7. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

when I got married we had an outdoor wedding. nice day, sunny, clear, no wind. we had a stand with candles, ceremonial wine, flowers, and a picture of my mom who had died a few months earlier. right as the ceremony started a giant wind came up and blew the picture of my mom over (face up) but the candles stayed burning. there was no other wind the rest of the day. and.... I have pictures. nearly 100 guests saw the same thing. nobody thought it was just a coincidence

8. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

That’s reminded me of a caravan holiday in Devon in the late sixties. Friend and I lying in bed looking over the cliff edge and the dark, unpolluted, sky. Watched a star-like light wandering about for at least ten minutes before it disappeared over the horizon. No idea what it was but never ever seen an aircraft with such a bright, silvery light or moving so erratically.

9. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

In the late '80s I often played in Harvard Square where there were buskers every 50 feet or so, many allowed to plug in at a cafe since music attracts customers.
    I played a bunch of instruments and in addition to saxes I played clarinet because it was smaller and more portable, plus better for low volume playing, and suited to a sort of Gypsy music I played with a singer songwriter poet nutcase friend.
    Busking I also played fiddle, again that was sort of Gypsy music for lack of any more specific genre.

I got up one morning after my late night cooking job, put on coffee and soaked a clarinet reed while waking up.
    As soon as I played the first note on the clarinet I was startled by the really good sound I heard.
    Played better too, and had a really nice fat buttery tone, a tone I could never get before that morning.
    It was very strange, didn't feel like I'd gotten better, more like it wasn't me playing.

That evening I got to my job at a spendy restaurant that served a Boston Symphony Orchestra crowd, and heard that Benny Goodman had died the night before.
    Of course Benny played with Grappelli who played with Django.

I'm not saying anything aside from it wasn't within my capabilities to play clarinet that well or to sound that good, and without knowing that an old clarinet master had just been freed from his mortal bonds a few hours prior, I was pretty shaken by the sense that an instrument in my hands had taken on a life of its own.
    I never sounded like that again, not even close, as it wasn't a sound I was after.
    I worked on more of a New Orleans snarling clarinet tone, very opposite of how I sounded that morning.
    I can't explain it and I've had 1000 experiences where I made a breakthrough on a instrument.
    This was not one of those experiences.

10. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a few "happenings" related to my Mother's passing, but don't feel like typing them out now.
    I don't bother to share this stuff much any more, as the climate of humanity seems to get more and more full of zeal for trashing anything gentle, subtle, fleeting, hard to explain, or overly personal.

Cool story, nice to have a sense of who knows what, just a sense.

11. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

As a fellow clarinet player, I want to thank you for posting this!

telemnemonics and Steerforth like this.
  12. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

ten years or so ago, my son and I were in PA night fishing for catfish. I saw what looked like a flying saucer silhouetted against a full moon. no lights or anything. I'm not saying it was aliens, I have no idea what it was, hence, I describe it as a UFO

Torren61 and Steerforth like this.
  13. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Hey, that was a secret test of my stealth dog tracker drone following Bigfoot and his wolf-dog that walk past here once in awhile. Still working on the sound abatement issue.

14. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

I just remembered another one!! Two actually. They occurred not long after my father died 10 years ago. It was summer and I was going to do some watering in the backyard. The outdoor tap is at the side of our house. I turned the tap on, which is very stiff and takes a good deal of effort to turn with one hand. I walked around to the backyard to water and no water came out. I was confused and I walked back to the tap and it was off. I thought a friend had maybe just shown up and was playing a practical joke on me. I looked completely around the house and there was no one. Then my father came to mind. He was a playful guy and would have done something like that. At least that explanation made as much sense as anything else that could have happened. And there was, some months after that another incident involving that same outside tap. It was spring and I turned on the water supply from the basement that allows water to flow to the outside tap. I went outside to turn on the tap to bleed it and .....no water. I went back inside and the valve and been turned off. Again, it felt like my father was the culprit. That's how I've got it figured anyway. In both those incidents there is no way I hadn't turned on the tap or valve....that's a certainty....what followed is very uncertain however.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Jake909, Kloun, telemnemonics and 2 others like this.
  15. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

I'm reading a book called DMT: The Spirit Molecule. DMT is a naturally occurring psychedelic, one of the components of the South American traditional preparation of ayahuasca.

I'm just getting into the book, not very far along yet, but the author, a psychiatrist who has done clinical studies on DMT, seems to be laying the case that DMT can cause the brain to see mystical, or otherwise unexplained phenomenon. DMT is also synthesized by the pituitary gland. He is building the argument that near death experiences and even alien abduction experiences can be explained by a random release of DMT by the pituitary gland.

As I mentioned, I've really only just started the book, so I can't say much more than that.

I am not trying to discount anyone's experiences here, rather just suggesting a clinical explanation to some events that happen to us that seem to fall beyond what we consider normal.

richiek65 and Steerforth like this.
  16. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

That book is on my reading list.

I believe that consciousness is non-local.

What if DMT, and other psychoactive substances, are simply chemical signals?

Perhaps when the pituitary gland releases DMT, it’s a signal, similar to other signals.

A garage door opener emits a signal, the garage door rises, and we can look out and see things that we could not see while standing in the garage with the door closed.

And yet, we do not doubt the reality of what lies outside the garage when we see it.

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

upload_2020-9-7_22-3-3.png I posted this when my sister-in-law passed away four years ago. I have lived in Bakersfield for over fifty years and have never seen this type of cloud formation. I understand they are fairly common in the mid-west. The morning she passed away they appeared over my brother in law's home, and he took the pic. There is an equal number of cloud formations to the number of family and siblings who have passed. I don't know if it means anything at all, but it meant quite a lot to those of us who knew my sis in law.

18. Kloun

Kloun Tele-Meister

I have read alot on DMT as I am very curious about it. The freaky thing is that when users of DMT ask for a manifestation things occur that people who AREN'T on DMT witness. So it's not a "in your head" kind of thing.

Nightclub Dwight and Steerforth like this.
  19. USTTRM

USTTRM TDPRI Member

Lived in an old house on the black Heath in London. I rented the basement flat that the family in the house converted to an apartment.
    They often left town to go to a property they had under construction in Lisbon and the home owners sister would house sit while they were away.
    One late night when they were away
    I woke up to the sound of the tv blaring upstairs. The wood flooring was not thick so normally I could hear every foot step. Wasn't happy.
    So I go out my side door and up the steps to reach the front door of the main house. I knock and the homeowners middle aged sister answers.
    She invites me in and I immediately ask her if she can turn the TV down.
    She apologized and said she had it up because her son kept calling her to come upstairs to the attic.
    I asked her why him calling down to her is an issue.
    "It's my boy calling but he passed away 6 months ago in a motorcycle accident."
    Now all the while she and I were talking I could here the floor boards upstairs creaking to the footsteps of someone pacing.
    "That's not your son!" I said sternly.
    I told her don't reply to spirits. It only encourages them.
    I have had many experiences with the paranormal and so I knew what this situation was.
    House was haunted and many things happened in the time I lived there. This was the first.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  20. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

So... back around 1993 I met a guy who was a Civil War reinactor, at a party, where he had brought an unusal photo with him to share. His regiment was doing a reinactment at Murfreesboro Battlefield just a few weeks before and, when it was all over, his regiment took a group photograph overlooking the field using an actual camera from that period so that they could have the photo taken as authentically as possible. After the photo was developed everything turned out perfectly, except for one thing.... wait for it.... there was a Union soldier standing in their ranks that no one knew, no one saw, and yet there he was standing in the ranks with them with all of his gear, including musket!!! I wish I had a copy of that photo but, nonetheless, I saw it myself and he looked just as "alive" as everyone else in the photo! To this day I can see that picture in my minds eye and it's just as chilling now as it was then.

Steerforth and Jake909 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.