1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Unexplained

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Sep 6, 2020.

1. d barham

d barham Tele-Holic

Ghost poop. That’s some scary shi......tuff.

Steerforth and 24 track like this.
  2. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! The heck with the supernatural, I’m still trying to figure out where my missing socks are!:D:eek:

dougstrum and Steerforth like this.
  3. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

I love that Guy Clark song. It is in my new song repertoire. Nice story BTW!

Steerforth and Peegoo like this.
  4. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I was driving home one night after a closing shift at my retail job during college. It was about midnight-ish.

As I approached and stopped at the red light at a not remote, yet out-of-the-way intersection (that, due to the time, was deserted and a little eerie), "Bohemian Rhapsody" was playing on the radio.

The song ended and faded out as the light turned green, and as I completed the turn, the clock in the car turned to midnight. There was a longer-than-normal silence from the radio, followed by a sort of click. Then, "Bohemian Rhapsody" started playing.

I felt like I was in on something I'm not supposed to be in on.

Torren61 and Steerforth like this.
  5. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My wife always awoke much earlier than me and would brew coffee so when I got up, there was always the aroma of fresh brewed coffee. She also was a talented baker and her baking always had a unique aroma also. After she passed away, I would wake up to the aroma of fresh brewed coffee for weeks on end. When I would come home from work it would smell like someone had been baking.

6. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

I posted this before, but that dream made an impression on me. So i am just going to copy and paste it.

I was going out with friends at a bar / restaurant, we had been hanging around before, and this building had this weird black and white paintings on its front.

Well it is dinner time, so we go to this strange restaurant, we knew there was a band playing inside later, and I knew i was playing, but not me from the dream, another younger me. my friends get inside to have a drink / order food, and i lay on a bench in front of the restaurant. Then i hear those really weird scales / music coming from the dinner, and i was thinking wow, the guitar player can play.

So i lift my head to have a look through the bar window to check if it was really me playing, and sure this younger me was there cooking those weird licks. One of my friends saw me lifting me head from the bench to check out the guitarist, and i remember him laughing and mouthing yeah ! that's you !

Later on, i get inside to order, my friends just had their meals served, the band had finished and was going in the backroom. I place my order, and i see this younger me coming by our table to get outside, so i call myself by my nick and i say, well played, Z.

Younger me turns his head, keeps walking and says thanks a lot, dude and heads out.

Digital Larry, Kloun and Steerforth like this.
  7. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I'm not big on the woo angle but since the nature of consciousness remains a mystery, I'll remain open minded. This is a TDPRI reprint from 2.5 years ago, but this one made me stop and consider invisible forces and whatnot for awhile.

--
    Well, normally I'd say that dreams are random, but a few years back I had a dream that a guy a few doors down had all the neighborhood kids over to his place, and they had climbed up a tall tree which had started to slowly tip over. The kids at the top were whooping loudly with excitement and everyone came out into the street to see what was going on. I thought "what kind of idiot would have a bunch of kids come over to climb a tree that was falling down and act like it was a great time"? Nobody got hurt. Then I woke up.

Not four hours later I was looking out into the back yard at a 60-foot oak tree to which I'd attached a tire swing several years earlier. The previous weekend some neighborhood kids had come over to play with my kids and we were all down there swinging back and forth and having a great time. Anyway, back to the present moment, I'm looking right at this tree and it just goes CRACKKKK and falls over WHUMP, having snapped near the base. When I went down to see it, the tire swing was pinned under the 2 foot diameter trunk.

THAT one freaked me out a bit. What kind of idiot indeed!

8. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Cool story, and very dramatic lighting.

Steerforth likes this.
  9. Sparky472

Sparky472 Tele-Holic

About 5 years ago we took the family on a road trip from Austin to New Mexico. My wife made a reservation to stay at a cool historic hotel on the way in Big Spring, TX called Hotel Settles, that opened in the 1930s and was more recently restored. A week before the trip I started looking into the hotel, and found that some believe it’s haunted, waking up to a very cold room, seeing figures in period dress walking around, etc.

My 7-year-old daughter was afraid of ghosts, so I did not mention it to her, or to my wife, for that matter. So we got there checked into our room, ate in the restaurant and went to sleep. In the middle of the night my daughter woke me up. She said the room got very cold all of the sudden. I told her to cuddle up and go back to sleep. I went back to sleep. Several minutes later she started shaking me, and said she saw the figures of a woman and a girl sitting by the window looking at us. They were wearing “old style” long white dresses. They didn’t seem mean or bad but it surprised her and when she woke me up they disappeared.

Well that gave me the chills for sure. I told my wife the next day and she was freaked out. I didn’t tell my daughter about the stories of the hotel being haunted until a couple years later. She was amazed and fairly certain that what she saw was in fact a couple of ghosts.

10. stepvan

stepvan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

So .. you live in a city in Montana then? Just assumed that because you used the plural for the word "stick".

11. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Life on the astral plane is real. This is based on my experiences and the experiences of others.
    I liked the simpler version of how it works

Lights on: birth,
    Lights off :death

it was so much easier not having these experiences. Life was simple,
    people died and they didn't come around anymore.

Steerforth likes this.
  12. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

My wife tells me that when she was a little girl, she had to stay at a neighbor's house when her mom went to the hospital. She remembers there was a figurine of a bobby on the shelf (She's English). The woman said it would look over her and keep her safe. But she thought it was creepy. In the middle of the night, something tugged her covers over the foot of the bed. She struggled to keep them on the bed, but the force was too strong for her. It also pulled her pillows from the head of the bed. She got up and looked under the bed. There was nothing there.

Steerforth likes this.
  13. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I was telling a workmate about the experiences in the house I lived in (see earlier post) and he was dubious. We had a stand in boss that month, he said he'd bring in a photo of a ghost the next day.

He brought in a photo from a birthday party of one of his young kids, held at his quite old house in an area just outside Sydney renowned for having a high concentration of hauntings and unexplained phenomena (google Picton NSW).

In the photo was a bunch of kids and a few parents playing, eating party food etc, but standing up the back of the room was a very old woman in very old clothes. My boss said, he took that photo, he knew everyone who was at the party that day, and there was no old woman in attendance. You could tell that he was still very shaken up by being unable to explain the old lady. This was way before digital photography, it was your typical photo that had been developed at the Fast Foto type place, with the date stamp in the corner, so definitely not a case of someone photoshopping for a laugh.

Steerforth likes this.
  14. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I can certainly relate to the comfort we may find in a life of confirmation bias, whether we choose to see evidence of stuff we can't explain everywhere, or choose to deny all evidence of stuff we can't explain.

Eyewitness fallibility both proves and disproves both chosen perspectives.

To me the real woo is how common it is for humans to insist we know all and there is nothing we can't explain and brush off.
    Leads to arguments fights and wars, decade after decade, related to virtually every possible certainty we cling to.
    How can so many feel such intense certainty?
    As if guided by unseen forces?
    To kill for a belief?

Blows my mind!

15. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Why do people only see ghostly apparitions in dark eerie places with creepy music playing in the background? Now I ask you, if you were dead and buried in the cold dark ground and you managed to get your ghostly self out for some relaxation time, would you hang out in a dark dreary place? Or, maybe head on down to the beach and check out some of them college chicks running around in bikinis? Maybe even stop off at a music store. Wouldn't it be a gas to sit there playing stairway and the other shoppers could see the amps sitting behind you, THROUGH YOU! The possibilities are endless. I mean even if you were tied to the graveyard, wouldn't it be just cool to just suddenly appear standing on the casket at a funeral in broad daylight? Just imagine all the phones coming out of pockets and the crowd running over for a quick selfie!

16. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

I've got one, and its music related. About 11 or 12 years ago Doc Watson was playing in Pittsburgh. Well, actually playing across the river at the Carnegie Library Music Hall in Homestead. I was new in town, but two friends who are native Pittsburghers were going with me. We actually got free tickets from the City Paper who was one of the sponsoring entities.

The night of the show we got there on time, parked right in front and walked up to the entrance. The doors were locked, lights were off and there wasn't anyone there. No one. No one inside, no one outside, no one anywhere.

We double checked our tickets, we were there on the correct date, correct time and in the right place. We walked all around the building in case there was a different entrance they were using or something. But judging from the complete lack of people it was clear something was wrong. We triple checked our tickets. Nothing.

There is also a Carnegie Library Music Hall in Pittsburgh, right across the river, so we drove over there, thinking there might be a misprint as to which Music Hall location it was. But the Pittsburgh location was locked up and empty as well.

Checking the internet we confirmed the concert was supposed to be in the place and time we were there. Then, at home the newspaper confirmed the same.

We never found out what happened. The thing that really confused us was that we were the only people there looking for it. Even if the show was cancelled, rescheduled or moved, how come we were the only people who didn't get the memo?

If it was me alone I would have attributed it to user error. But the two people I was with are natives of the city and very involved in the live music scene. We still laugh about it to this day.

Unfortunately Doc passed away a year or two later. I'm just glad that I got to see him 25 years ago in San Francisco.

Steerforth and telemnemonics like this.
  17. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

It’s not, believe me, it’s not.

Steerforth and Collin D Plonker like this.
  18. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have had two unexplainable encounters with lights in the sky.

No proof that they were from outer space but, very weird.

My big question is this: IF they are what people say they are AND they don't want to be seen, why all the Lights in our Visable Spectrum?

Toto'sDad and Steerforth like this.
  19. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Whenever I dial a wrong number...............someone answers

Steerforth and aging_rocker like this.
  20. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Friend and walking home one night, glanced up at the sky to see six spots of light criss crossing the sky, each scanning a straight line back and forth. To us they appeared to be above the clouds. Others began to gather and one guy rang the non-emergency police number. I was so glad he did................or I’d never have known about the new Blockbuster video shop that had opened earlier in the precinct about a mile away. Damn good light show!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.