1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Unexplained

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Just a few things across the years.

I was driving to school one morning in high school and a voice directly over my shoulder said "Stay low". I was the only one in the car and the windows were closed. I snapped to attention and turned around, no one there. If it was an inter-dimensional being, I have no idea what they meant. I did stay crouched down thinking, if there was going to be an accident, I was not going to be decapitated. Until I realized it wasn't a good idea to drive that low in the seat. Weird kid reaction.

Another time while at college, I was sitting alone studying in my apartment hunched over my books and felt a hand on my shoulder, very lightly. I once again jumped up and looked around, nobody there. It was the middle of the day.

The last strange experience was when my dad passed away many years ago. My mom and I were sitting across from each other in the waiting room. Each of us had gone to say our goodbyes even though he was in a coma. Suddenly my mom and I both stood up, she gasped, as we felt his passing, as if spirit was departing, like something inside was moving away. Weird sensation which I'd never experienced prior. The blue code alarm went off right after that and people started rushing to his room. He was gone. I talked to a friend at work almost 10 years after that who said when his father died he and his family had the same experience.

That's it for me.

2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I can't go into specifics 'cos it's kinda hard to explain, but I have been accused (and found guilty) of mind reading over the years.

And no I can't do it on the spot, like "What am I thinking now?" It doesn't work like that.

Torren61, Jakedog and Steerforth like this.
  3. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Afflicted

I have an opening in my kitchen wall above the cabinets. It opens to the main room and a staircase leading upstairs.
    One night years ago I had a bad cough. I was in the kitchen and suddenly a cough drop hit the floor. I yelled thanks to my wife. But she was in the basement. And we didn’t have any cough drops in the house.
    We’ve had a few unexplained things like that in this house. But the occurrences are always benevolent.

4. PARCO

PARCO Tele-Meister

I was with a friend whose father was dying. We were at the hospital and he passed quietly with his family around him. My friend had a kind of love / hate relationship with his father but he was very upset now that his father was gone. We all went back to the house and were sitting around talking when all of a sudden every light in the house exploded at the same time.

5. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Must be some bugs in the simulation code.
    More seriously, I have had a few "corner of my eye" experiences. One occurred recently. I quickly glanced down at my wrist and then recalled that I had put on my other watch that morning. I looked down again and there was the watch I had remembered having put on that morning. But the image I initially saw was my other watch - my father's old watch. Could have just been a mind trick.
    An interesting coincidence: it might have been the 2009 TDPRI fundraiser. Grand prize was one of the first CS LaCabronita Especial guitars, Dakota Red - my favorite color. Boy, did I ever gas for the guitar. Of course, someone else won it. Several months later, the winner posted it for sale on TDPRI and, really "needing" to have that guitar, I bought it. It turns out the guitar was build in October 2008, the month my wife passed away.

6. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Over the 50 years that we've been married my Wife has periodically had those kind of experiences with a fair number of them being ones that could be connected to actual events. Being a skeptic I always chalked it off to her being from the Caribbean where mysticism is more widely accepted than here. One morning back in 06 she woke up yammering at me that I needed to call my Father. For a number of reason my Father and I had been estranged for many years. I didn't want to call him so I didn't. The next morning I was awakened by a call from a distant relative telling me how sorry she was to hear of his death. It took a very long time but I finally accepted the fact that there is a lot more going on in this universe that mere mortals can explain.

7. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

- Had a premonition in a dream. Put it down to coincidence.
    - Saw a ghostly shadow. Put it down to tiredness.
    - Saw a UFO... Still no idea what it was but I put it down to man-made. It was in the 90s when UAV development really started to ramp up.

I don't think I experienced anything paranormal, but interesting nonetheless.

8. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Me and a friend laying in our sleeping bags on a summer night were staring at the stars. Then we noticed one star that was moving around, but not in one direction, kind of flitting around near a couple others erratically. No idea what it really was.

Torren61, Steerforth and Nahtabot like this.
  9. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

Oh, I started out with a picture of me with a guitar, but it was leaning toward the abstract end of the spectrum.

So I changed to a painting of my G&L. But I got tired of that.

Then I changed to the “king” picture, but it didn’t even look like me. It was done with some software, but came out looking like someone else.

So last night, I said to Mrs. Steerforth, “Do you have any pictures of me that actually look like me and haven’t been messed with?” She said, “Yes, quite a few!”

I told her, “I need a new avatar. Pick one that really looks like me and run it through your fancy art program so it looks nice, but don’t get too abstract.”

So she gave me my new avatar up there, and the rest is history. :D

10. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

I think the Great Lakes hold some secrets. I've heard some strange stories and have had an unusual encounter.
    [​IMG]

Brett Valentine and Steerforth like this.
  11. Nickfl

Nickfl Friend of Leo's

When I was in high school in the 90s, my friends and I went one night to check out the local "ghost light road" and we did see the lights. It was a dark, deserted country road and if you drove down it slowly you would see headlights behind you at some point, but if you stopped or turned around there would not actually be a car anywhere on the road behind you.

Definitely some kind of optical illusion, but cool to actually experience it. Since then the road has been widened and developed and the phenomenon no longer occurs.

USTTRM, Torren61 and Steerforth like this.
  12. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

this story is much more scarry than any ghost story or tales of the supernatural , because this really happened!

one night in about 1999 If I recall it was September or October, the night was unexceptional , 07:00 Pm I put my then 2 yr old to bed following the nightly routine of bath time diaper change , clean sleepers get the pre made bottle , turn the lights down sit in the rocking chair read "butterfy kisses " a favorite story at the time , say good night to all the stuffies my wife had glued to the wall ( and there were lots) then carefully placed my prized bundle down for the night , set the baby monitor. if we followed the this routine we were guarenteed of a full nights sleep with out issue. all was good.

as my little pumpkin was or I should say still is one you can not just wake up there has to be a lead time from wake up to get up , we could hear her say good morning to all her toys and she would play till she got bored , and then proclaim she was ready to greet the day , so far uneventfull .
    placing her on the change table I noticed she had a clean , dry diaper from the night before, thinking I scored and getting her ready to come join the rest of the house hold , I found the most frightening thing , some how , magically she had found the secret as to how the caramel gets into the caramilk bar, some how with a snug fitting dry /clean diaper she managed to poop into the feet of her sleepers with out soiling her diaper of course she stood on itand squised it between her toes . But it was a GAWD DANG MIRACLE . I tells ya , and baffles me to this day.

Fear knows no bounds!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  13. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

I've long since given up doing that sort of stuff but one time I was in the back yard of a house party back in the 60's when I barfed up a big green spider and chased it around trying to stomp it to death.:confused:

[​IMG]

radiocaster and Steerforth like this.
  14. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

ESP!

Long story short. Dragged to a new age lecture by some old "magician". I was ready to go as soon as it started but towards the end he points out an envelope on a shelf and says there's a drawing in it and hands out paper and pencil for us to focus on what drawing may be inside. There was maybe 12 of us at his house.

I get immediate sense of a sail boat on the sea and draw it. Ends up my drawing was 100% exactly what was inside! So he's going around the room making these extreme stretches of every drawing of how they kind of got it. My buddy drew a horse and he's going on about the transportation similarities. One guy a tree...wood.... Real lame stretches....Then he gets to me and his eyes pop out!

He's begging me to come to his lectures and wont charge me etc... I skipped it...

Still puzzles me from time to time... Can't say it's happened since and could be a 1 in a million guess... who knows...

15. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

We’ve got some pretty cool stories here. It makes me want to watch, “The X-Files”. And @Nahtabot didn’t help with his picture up there. Maybe I should break out the DVDs.

16. spellcaster

spellcaster Tele-Holic

I met my third wife about 16 years ago, and in a matter of weeks, we rented a suite to live in which had washer and dryer built into the bathroom. We had almost no disagreements but one thing that she strongly disapproved of was my method of doing laundry....I'd casually dump clothes in the washer, add soap, start the machine and walk away. She insisted that it was very important to turn clothes inside-out to keep colours from fading. It was one of our disagreements that was never resolved. About two years later, tragedy struck. My wife, who I hadn't known was an alcoholic when we got married very quickly, had a relapse...She was secretly drinking while taking a bath and when she hadn't come out of the bathroom after a couple of hours, I went in and found that she'd passed out from the booze, slipped underwater and drowned. I continued living in the same suite, and I'm still here after all these years. And, once or twice a year without fail, I'll do a load of laundry, and when the clothes come out of the washer every damn item is turned inside out.

17. johmica

johmica Tele-Holic

I don't believe in ghosts, but I did live in an old house in Abingdon, VA, for a while that would fit the bill.

I was about 27 years old, living in Kentucky. I was in a rut, looking for a change, and a buddy of mine who lived in Abingdon was looking for a roommate to share rent with in a 100-year-old house. His old roommates, a young married couple, were leaving because the house was "haunted." No joke. They moved out because too much weird stuff was always happening, and it escalated to the point where the wife saw an apparition of a boy standing at the top of the stairs one day.

So I moved to VA on a whim. Got a job at a gas station, and just lived life a little. Played music with a cute singer/songwriter that I met, and partied with the theatre crowd that my roomie brought home (he worked at the Barter as a props maker - it's an off-Broadway theatre in the middle of the VA mountains. Very cool).

So the gamut of normal "haunting" occurred over a period of months. Lights, turning themselves on, doors opening and closing themselves, etc. Our coffee pot disappeared once for a few days, and then re-appeared in the exact spot where it was kept. My roommate swears that he was as dumbfounded as I. Knocks on the doors and walls, you get the picture.

As a kid, I thought it was fun, but I never took it too seriously. I mean, I knew that the house was "haunted" before I moved in, and I recognized how the power of suggestion could make otherwise normal occurrences seem "supernatural." Nothing was so outlandish as to be beyond explanation. Except for one experience.

I was sitting in my bedroom one night, banging out some mediocre blues on an old Fender Musicmaster that I'd flipped upside down (I'm a lefty, and in those days, I was too poor to have a left-handed guitar. In fact, I was lucky to have the Musicmaster). I had a two-drawer oak filing cabinet that had belonged to my grandfather. While I was sitting on my bed, playing music, staring right at the filing cabinet, the bottom drawer slowly opened itself. It went from completely closed to completely open.

I'll reiterate what I said in the beginning - I don't believe in ghosts. We've lived too long as a culture and a species without collecting any real evidence to the contrary. The human brain tends to take the unexplainable and try to force an explanation on it. But how that drawer opened is the only thing I've ever seen or experienced that I cannot even come up with a theory on how it happened. It remains unexplainable in my mind.

Torren61, dougstrum, Kloun and 2 others like this.
  18. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Holic

When I was still in the police we would visit an old folks home which was on the edge of town and was a bit vunerable too idiots passing by, so on nights we were always guaranteed a coffee, said home was called 'the vicarage' as it was converted fro the old vicarage that stood by a church.
    Many stories were told about encounters with the spirit of a vicar who lived and died there in the 1930s, non were frightening, indeed the vicar seemed quite a reasonable ghost to have around. These are my two stories of him.
    Myself and partner stopped by on a quiet night to check in on the staff. On sitting down with coffee, a voice came over the intercom system they had in all the residents rooms, to monitor they were ok at night. On sitting down one of the staff identified the voice as one of the oldest residents who they said had been very vocal all night.
    It soon became obvious she was talking to the vicar, asking him if her time had come, and if had, she was happy to go with him. We could clearly hear the old lady talking, but only a quieter voice holding conversation with her, just make to make sure all was in order, we went upto her roo with a member of staff. As we rounded the corner both my partner and I saw a fleeting shape go down the corridor, but there was also a very strong smell of pipe smoke, which was always said to around when the vicar was.
    We checked to hallway which led only to the store cupboard and checked on the old lady who was asleep. We drank our coffee and made our way out, only to be called back an hour later to report on the ladies death, the staff said her last words had been that she was going with the vicar he had come for her.

My second was of going there during the day to speak to a workman who had been installing a washing machine in the old part of the of the vicarage, but someone stole tools from his van while there. When I met up with him I could smell pipe smoke and asked the guy if he had been smoking as it was banned in the house. He replied no, it had been the vicar who popped into see him and they had been talking for about five minutes. I told him the vicar was on holiday that week and said was it the young stand in vicar, to which he replied no, its was the old bearded gentleman with the pipe whose photo was in the corridor. I pointed out that gentleman had died over sixty years ago and he almost fainted, then insisted on the bible it was the old one. Nothing would then convince him to finishing installing the washing machine and he left and never officially reported the theft of his tools.

19. dkmw

dkmw Poster Extraordinaire

The only unexplained thing I can think of is:

How did I get to be 65 without ever seeing a ghost?

I feel deprivedo_O

20. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I think that it is unexplained where you put a saddle on a horse like this.

[​IMG]

Steerforth likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.