1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Unexplained

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

A very strange story is about this guitar:

[​IMG]

In 2003 I was in a little mom-n-pop guitar shop and this guitar was on the wall. It was a Fender CS '60 Stratocaster, light relic, two years old. I had always liked the surf green color so I walked up to it, took it from the wall, and plugged it in. It was beautiful. It practically played itself. It was expensive. I asked the shop owner about it and he said it came in a few weeks ago in a trade on a mid-50s Telecaster. There was no way I could drop the dough on this because it was an extravagant amount of money.

I stopped in two or three more times over the course of the next 15 months or so to see what else had appeared in the shop, and this Strat remained on the wall, torturing me. I think the price on the tag kept it there. If I were a rich person, I'd buy it...but that was not going to happen. It was not the most expensive guitar in the shop; he had several older Fenders and Gibsons and a few weirdos in the multiple-multiple-thousand-dollar range as well. He also had a pile of used amps, including a Dumble Overdrive Special with matching 4x10 cabinet in tan fawn suede. That was expensive too!

Christmas morning, 2004, there's a large box for me leaning against the wall behind the tree, sort of like the Red Rider BB gun from the film A Christmas Story. I open it up and it was a new G&G tweed guitar case. It was beautiful, and I can always use a nice guitar case; one like this is not cheap and I wouldn't buy it for myself. A very nice gift.

After all the presents were opened, my hunnie and I were having coffee and she said, "Oh, I forgot one other thing." She went upstairs and came back, carrying in her hand a surf green Strat with a big red bow tied to the headstock. A surf green Strat? What?

When she handed it to me, it looked like the one from the shop. There's just no way.
    I flipped it over and looked at the serial number. It was THE Strat. ^^THAT^^ one.

Here's where the story gets weird: I never mentioned this guitar to her. I never spoke about it, or the shop, or the color or anything. I don't talk in my sleep. I never told anyone else about it.

After I quit crying like a little girl, I asked her how she found this Strat. She said she was driving one day and saw a sign for a guitar shop (it was quite out of the way from her house and mine), so she stopped and went in. She was looking at the guitars on the wall and the shop owner asked her if he could help her. She replied, "I know nothing about guitars, but my boyfriend is a guitar freak. What would you recommend?" He walked straight to the Strat, took it off the wall and handed it to her.

The shop owner didn't know me by name; he didn't know her, and he certainly had no way to associate us. Cue the woo-woo music.

I guess I'm supposed to have this guitar.

Sort of reminds me of this tune:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Holic

I once saw a horse with two heads. It also had two bodies and eight legs.

3. AngelStrummer

AngelStrummer Friend of Leo's

All the time with guitar picks. They appear to be consistently attracted to a portal that transports them instantly to another dimension, never to be seen again. Said portal is itself undetectable and seems to follow me around.

4. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

5. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I got separated from my buddies in Olongapo and was making my way back alone when two fellows stepped out on me from an alley. I squared on them as they appeared to have ill intent, but they both stopped dead in their tracks and were staring down to my right, about knee to hip level. I looked down and there was a perfectly distinct apparition of my lab/chow mix, Shadow, standing next to me and locked on them...she was 65 lbs of fur and razor blades. I took that as my cue to exit. Shadow, who had been in Japan with the wife and kids at the time, never commented on it.

6. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Holic

I bet they go to the same place my socks go. I live alone and do my own laundry and I always lose socks. Maybe ghosts have cold feet.

Steerforth and tintag27 like this.
  7. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

I've had more experiences with the supernatural than I could possibly recount here. Suffice it to say, I grew up in a very active haunted house and not only did the whole family have experiences, all the time, virtually anyone who came to the house did. The experiences were not bad or harmful BTW, but they would startle you for sure... A lot of the accounts I read on this thread I can relate to completely. And what's more is that in growing up in that house, I believe it made me a bit more "aware" of my surroundings and therefore I've experienced other events in other places as well. Kinda strange...

There are 2 movies that pretty much sums up my decades long lexperience: 1. The Changling (1978) 2. The Sixth Sense. Of the 2 films, The Changling has more of my own personal experiences in it than any other ghost film I've ever seen, but there are some parts of the Sixth Sense that ring true to me as well.

8. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

A few times I’ve seen things that I can’t explain. Mostly in the peripheral or on the edge.

My dad had passed and we were taking his body from Mississippi to Texas for burial. The hearse was waiting for him at Love Field. A family member picked us up. On the DFW Turnpike we had a flat. I got out and changed the tire and we continued on. When we reached the end where the toll booths were a hearse pulled next to us at the same time. The exact same hearse. We all sat in silence for several miles until mom said, “Your father caused that flat do we could be together”

A few months later, still angry at him for leaving us, I turned the corner heading to our house and felt the warmest, most comforting feeling I had ever experienced.
    I went inside, told mom I thought dad was in the car with me. Went to my room, cried for a few minutes and went to sleep. I woke the next day and my anger was gone. The hole in heart was still there. Just not the anger

Telekarster, Torren61, Kloun and 3 others like this.
  9. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

A solid orb flew over me. No lights, just a large orange mottled with black sphere. It was silent and swift. It was night and the thing was visible only due to ambient ground light in my neighborhood. This made me think it was large and flying low.

10. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Yes. Definitely. I was about to start a topic on this, then I saw this.

I really can't explain this in any way. Gremlins? Weird time warp?

For about a month, starting about 2 and a half months ago, all my guitars were in tune. I didn't do anything. Even guitars I hadn't played in almost about a week were still in tune. Just picked them up, used the tuner, didn't have to tune at all.

Then it started again a couple of days ago. In fact today I picked up a guitar, haven't played it in a while, and it was in tune.

Torren61 and Steerforth like this.
  11. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic

My most recent unexplained phenomenon is of a popular and well-mannered poster on TDPRI who has changed their picture profile for the fourth time in about two weeks! LOL!! Hey @Steerforth ... what's up with the pic changing? :)

I had an out-of-body experience when I was 25 years old that permanently changed my perspective of the spiritual world. The entire story with all details is pretty remarkable. But my favorite detail is this: When it was time to return to my body, with the 'return' feeling being quite instinctual, before I laid on top of myself, another instinct emerged - the need to kiss myself on my cheek. This was not for vain purposes, at all ... it was simply instinctual and came out of nowhere. And when I kissed my right cheek, I felt it at the same time. I felt my cheek getting kissed/pressure as I slept.

Another story, truth be told, is when my first girl friend in high school was pretty rattled for about a week after a sleepover at her girlfriend's house. She was a straight shooter - great sense of humor and had her feet firmly on the ground, so I believed every word she said, and still do. She witnessed doors being slammed and drawers being furiously pulled out and closed. She never slept over there again, and shenanigans of this sort continued to occur at this particular house.

12. SuprHtr

SuprHtr Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

In my first house, which was adjacent to Kennesaw Battlefield, we used to hear footsteps at night. No big deal. But once on a Sunday evening when I was getting stuff together to leave for a business trip, I couldn't find my road atlas anywhere. I turned the house over looking for it and then saw it sitting in plain sight on the kitchen counter. I picked it up and it was very cold to the touch. My wife swore she hadn't hidden it in the freezer! Not as disturbing as apparitions, but weird enough.

13. wacolo

wacolo Tele-Holic

Sitting on my back steps one night. Sky was clear and a fair amount of stars showing despite the light pollution. After staring at the sky for a few minutes I noticed that a few of the stars seemed to be moving. It took me a few moments to suss it out that what I was seeing was roughly in the shape of an offset V. There were maybe a dozen or so. The lights appeared to be no larger or brighter than the surrounding stars, but they were definitely in a line and moving. No noise and I could not see that they were attached to anything in that none of the other stars seemed to be blocked out. They appeared to be headed roughly to the SE which was the direction of the airport wich was probably 5 miles away as the crow flies. Aliens? Drones? Military? You got me but it was strange. It bothered me enough that I searched social media and the news for several days hoping someone else mentioned it, but alas no.

I found a "ghost meter" at a thrift store, basically a simplified electricians EMF detector. I had planned to give it to my niece who is convinced her house is haunted. I decided to give it a go at my place as I am the second owner and the first had passed in the home. No luck. Apparently all of the ghosts in my house live in the breaker box :lol:.

14. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

I lived alone in Jacksonville Florida for a couple years in a rented townhouse on the St. John’s River.
    I was in a “no television” phase of my life so I didn’t have that as a distraction while I was home.

Landlords deceased grandmother had lived there prior to me moving in.

I had a rocking chair that would sometimes rock a bit by itself.

The screen door was of the old school spring on a squeaky hinge and the lock was a hook and eye.
    I never bothered to lock it, but numerous times I’d go to leave and I’d bang into it because it was.

Once I found a piece of cloth i used to clean binocular lenses, that I absolutely know I left wadded up in the bottom of the binoculars case, folded into a neat little square on the table next to the case.

None of this is hear say.
    I experienced it first hand.
    It amazed me more than freaked me out. Be as dubious as you want.

15. Sequimite

Sequimite Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Sitting at a traffic light after midnight waiting at a red light to turn left onto a 40mph main thoroughfare, when the light turned green I counted to three before proceeding. I've never done that before or since, don't know why I did it then. As I put my foot on the accelerator a tractor trailer ran the red light in the lane I was about to turn into traveling over 60 mph.

16. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Like StevesBoogie I have had 2 out of body experiences, one was substance related:rolleyes: The other was due to running my bicycle into a truck:confused: No memory of hitting the truck or the ambulance ride. What I remember was being rolled into the ER, while I watched from up near the ceiling in the corner. They ER folks kept asking me questions; what's your name, where do you live, are you a student....on and on. Meanwhile I was thinking why don't they leave the poor guy alone. Suddenly it dawned on me that I was the poor guy, instantly reunited with myself and said it's in my wallet. Woke up a few days later with a nurse taking my vitals.
    The mind is a funny thingo_O

Torren61, Kloun, Steerforth and 2 others like this.
  17. koen

koen Friend of Leo's

Human stupidity is at the top of the list.

Obsessed and bumnote like this.
  18. tintag27

tintag27 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Artefact.jpg

I could never find a credible explanation for something I took a photo of (by accident) in 2014...
    Being a nature lover, I was photographing a hoverfly I came across on a bramble flower - I would later post it on a nature ID site and hopefully identify which of the 100's of UK hoverflies it might be. Days later, as I blew the shot up I saw a tiny object that puzzled me, and still does - what can it be? It seems artificial and is likely held in suspension on a spiderweb thread. I dismissed optical phenomena (lens flare etc) - the colour bands on the object do not follow the rainbow order (red, orange yellow etc) that a lens aberration or a prismatic object (eg like an out of focus spiderweb might produce) and in any case it looks too solid for that.
    It must have been tiny - the depth of field in this closeup shot is very shallow, so it must have been close to the hoverfly (which is in focus) maybe less than half an inch long ???
    I can only think it might be some microscopic electronic component like a micro resistor... Who knows, I
    certainly don't!
    Context.jpg

Steerforth and StevesBoogie like this.
  19. Sequimite

Sequimite Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Thirty years ago I had the last of seven laryngoscopies. General anesthesia always made me violently ill after the procedure. They injected the first part of the anesthetic into my thigh before taking me down. There was a backup in surgery and I was parked with a couple dozen empty gurneys outside the doors leading to the operating rooms. I started to get very nauseous but when I tried to turn my head discovered that the anesthetic had paralyzed me, which was intentional due to the nature of the operation. I realized that if I vomited I'd asphyxiate. The nausea increased to the point that I had two continuous streams of sweat running down the sides of my forehead. I was concentrating all my will into not throwing up. After what seemed like hours they came for me and wheeled me into the operating room.

When I came to I had five chipped teeth. The surgeon couldn't account for it. For the past thirty years, since that event, I am unable to vomit. Even on the occasions where I wished to, due to illness or alcohol over-indulgence, I couldn't.

20. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Seen several ghosts. The most recent in the little bar I managed part time up until the plague that shall not be named closed everything down. I’ve seen him three times now. One of the day girls had seen him as well.

After closing or before we open the bathroom doors are propped open. It’s something I do as part of my walkthrough and cleanup before I lock the place up for good when I leave. It’s a safety thing. We’re not as worried as about someone trying to hide out and steal some liquor (which has been attempted) as we are about somebody being stuck inside. The way the doors are gated and the windows are barred if somebody gets left inside they wouldn’t be able to get out. If there were a fire or something they’d be screwed. No way to escape from the inside once it’s locked down. Even if you have keys.

Anyhow, the first time I saw him was after closing. The bathroom doors were propped open, and you have to walk right past them from the storeroom with beer to stock the coolers. As I walked by the men’s room I clearly saw a guy in my peripheral vision. I didn’t pay much attention, I figured it was the owner taking a leak. It was only us there. As I walked down the three stairs into the main bar there he was. Sitting on a stool
    And counting the money. So I set down the two cases of beer and went back up the stairs to see who was still in there. We thought everyone was gone.

Nobody was in the men’s room. So I checked the ladies. Nobody there, either. Checked the storeroom. Nope. Nobody. I turned the place upside down. There was nobody in that building but me, and the owner. I’ve since seen him on the stairs, and in the room we call “the blue room”, where we book unplugged acoustic shows and hold dart tournaments. Always with his back to me, always gone on closer investigation.

Tall. Jeans. Black hoody and ball cap. Black sneakers. Sandy blonde hair sticking out of his hat, looks kinda mullet style. Our day girl Renee saw the same guy. The bar is long and has a 90 degree angle. It covers two sides of the room. She was at one end and saw somebody on the other end digging around. It was before we opened and she thought it was me. Until I came in the back door from taking out some trash the cleanup kid had missed. She about pooped herself. She saw me and screamed “Harper! There’s somebody in here!”. We went through the whole place again. Nobody. She was freaked. I asked what he looked like and she said “kinda tall, in a hoody. I didn’t look closely cause I thought it was you!” It was all I could do to get her calmed down before we opened.

Who is he? Nobody knows. We’ve asked the previous owners and they said they always thought there was a ghost, but nobody ever saw it. We have other stuff happen as well. There’s one picture that will not stay on the wall. Fell off so many times we eventually screwed it down. The frame broke and it fell anyhow. We gave up.

We also have a shelf behind the bar with lots of little nick knacks and collectible memorabilia. Some of which are discontinued or limited run of old beers. We had a day last spring (2019) when we were sitting at the bar early in the day. The owner, myself, and his girlfriend was bar tending. We had a few customers. A couple guys outside smoking and one sitting at the other end. It was a beautiful day. One of the first it was warm enough to have the windows and doors open. Sunny, breezy, wonderful. Out of the blue- BAM, BAM, BAM. Three of those beer cans exploded. So loud it sounded like gunshots. The guy at the other end of the bar hit the boards face down. It happened right behind the poor bartender. She was soaked, we were soaked, there was beer from floor to ceiling. And the poor gal was deaf in one ear for a good part of the day. My ears were ringing. Those two guys outside? One ran across the street dialing 911. They thought somebody was shooting. The other one just ran.

Lotsa weird stuff happens in that bar for sure.

Telekarster, jman72, tintag27 and 7 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.