1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Unexplained

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Steerforth

Steerforth Friend of Leo's

Have you had any experiences with the unexplained?

Seen a UFO? Bumped into Bigfoot? Seen Mothman? Encountered Chupacabra? Looked into the future? Read somebody’s mind? Seen a ghost? Anything?

It’s time for tales of the unexplained.

Let’s hear ‘em!

2. gregulator450

gregulator450 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Watching this thread! I have yet to have such an experience myself but I love hearing about them. My wife saw the Phoenix Lights when she was a teenager...

3. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

Woo threads seldom end well here, historically.

But;

My first fulltime job was at a computer store. I was 16, during summering high school. The building it was in had was the original location of the city newspaper in town. Place was kinda haunted. Few people crushed to death in the printing press, heart attacks, a suicide (that we could find in records).

Used to see things out of the corner of my eyes, everyone heard voices, saw figures that dissipated.

But the front office parts weren't as haunted. But the carpet was so dirty you set off dust clouds stepping on it in some rooms.

So I cut through the unsettling haunted part instead. Sneezed less.

I statistically think aliens exist. Dont know if they have a reason to care about this rock though.

Bigfoot might exist. Maybe it simply IS blurry?

I've had futurey dreams. That I can explain though, my subconscious was able to process things conscious me didn't want to. Then forced it on me while I slept.

Unlocking the secrets of the human mind wont be with magic or telekinesis or telepathy. It will be far more binary and gradual, but also lead to far more advancements. Probably.

johmica, wacolo, Telekarster and 4 others like this.
  4. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

My girlfriend said she couldn't go out because she didn't feel good, but her car wasn't in front of her apartment. And she wouldn't pick up her phone. That's unexplained.

skunqesh, DjimiWrey, DrBGood and 19 others like this.
  5. MikeBee

MikeBee TDPRI Member

Living in the sticks of Montana, had two outside dogs. One barked at people and nothing else. The other barked at animals and nothing else. I was awakened about 1 am by the both of them just going off, and I am a heavy sleeper. I heard a noise somewhat like the Jetson's car from the cartoon. It sounded like it accelerated to speed and quickly faded away. Both dogs stopped barking at exactly the same time. Very weird.

6. richiek65

richiek65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Lived in a haunted house for 8 years, things happened that weren't doable unless something was there to make them happen eg stereo controls being played with while we'd all be in the room listening to music but nowhere near the amplifier to get anywhere near the controls that were now moving by themselves.

One late afternoon I chased a guy out of our front yard and he jumped over the fence, that was only about a metre high, then he simply vanished on the other side. The people who moved in after I moved out saw someone looking in through a window that was too high off the ground to be able to get your head up to that level, they raced over, he had disappeared and there was nothing there that showed anything had been used for anyone to stand on. The fella they described was the same as the fella I chased out of the front yard years earlier.

Other experiences there too, but you get the idea

Torren61, johmica, Steerforth and 3 others like this.
  7. esseff

esseff Tele-Afflicted

I was reading a book one evening in 2016 and caught a fleeting glimpse of someone in the corner of my eye, which wasn't possible because my partner was the only other person in the house and no more than four feet away. I was startled and she asked what was the matter so I explained why. Anyway, I obviously couldn't have seen anyone so we let it go.
    The following morning she rang me at work to say that my sister had left a message on the answerphone that my mother had died in her nursing home during the night.
    She's backed me up several times when I've told people about my previous evening's experience. A coincidence or...

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If I ever saw a ghost, I'd hope he'd be more along the lines of Casper.

9. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I got nutt'n.

:(

Steerforth likes this.
  10. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

funny thing happened at the supermarket today...

I was talking to a friend who works there, he asked about another mutual friend ,,, said I hadn't heard from him in a few weeks...

not 5 mins later as I'm walking down the aisle, the fella rings me up, (he's 500 miles away)...

that was weird... I said I was just talking about you... he says the same thing, was talking about you so I thought I'd give you a call...

funny that..:)

11. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

I was working at my desk and thought I saw my wife come down the steps from the deck outside my window. She was sitting in the living room at the time. I assumed it was her because she was wearing a white shirt, and whatever I saw was white. It was quick, out of the corner of my eye, and gone past the window in an instant.

Torren61, johmica, Steerforth and 2 others like this.
  12. Dirtsquirrel

Dirtsquirrel Tele-Meister

Weird, but driving home from work listening to sports radio a song pops into my head. I switch to a music station and the song is playing. Do I need to get a tinfoil hat?

Torren61, johmica, Steerforth and 4 others like this.
  13. MonkeyJefferson

MonkeyJefferson Tele-Holic

Fermi's paradox- but it dawned on me a while ago, that we might be alone, as far as intelligent life. We might defy the actual mammoth statistical probability of life being all over. Equally as creepy to me, as the thought of aliens...

Torren61, johmica and Steerforth like this.
  14. Martian

Martian Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I’ve seen ghosts twice. First experience was very unnerving. Was sleeping on the floor at a friends place, a very old house in Massachusetts. Very early in the morning I woke up and the room was really cold. I sensed something wasnt right but didn’t want to move. I peeked a little to the ground to the right of me and there were feet there, barefoot and really white with what seemed to be the hem of a nightgown a few inches above. I was too scared to look up; I just froze there and when I peeked again the feet were gone. But I still sensed something was in the room. I just stayed lying there, now peeking around the room but didn’t see anything. I’m not a morning person but I was that morning, remaining awake waiting for the sun to come up.
    Another time my family and I were staying at an old house that had been a school house 150 years ago. The kids were in another room, my wife was asleep and I was reading. At one point I looked up and sensed someone walking in the hall. I thought it was gonna be my daughter and my eyes were looking down where I expected to see her head pop into the room. Instead, an old woman with long white hair calmly walked by. She didn’t look at me, just looked ahead and seemed to disappear into a closet. (That also had stairs leading to the attic.)
    Unlike the first encounter there was nothing ghostly or hazy or cold and scary about this one. It wasn’t like an apparition you could see through, it was pretty much an old woman albeit lighter, whiter and I guess weirder than you’d expect a robust three dimensional person to be. Thing is I didn’t feel afraid. I went to check on the kids then went back to bed and stayed up most of the night.
    The next day I inspected the books on the bookshelf and found quite a few on the subject of ghosts including some on the preponderance of ghosts on that little island where we were staying.
    Those were two of the weirder things I’ve experienced. Fwiw, one was frightening but the other wasn’t. It was actually kinda cool.

15. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Wife's father was dying of cancer. I always sleep heavily. At 4:15 a.m. I woke to a 'voice " saying; " look after the children". He, father-in-law, didn't even know my wife was pregnant with our first. Woke at 6:00 a.m. to a sister-in-law who told me the Dad had died at exactly that time. As he parted I said a prayer ( I was brought up a strict Catholic) as his "soul" departed and went back to a peaceful sleep.
    He didn't know my then wife was pregnant and later had another son yet he asked me to " look after the children'.
    BTW I did my best as a father and people often comment on what nice young gentleman they are. That's all we can do- our best.

16. dickey

dickey Friend of Leo's

027.JPG 024.JPG When I was growing up, I spent every summer on my cousin's farm in West Virginia. It was 1966 & there was a dance in town that we wanted to go to, but we had no money for gas. My cuz lived on a dirt road, at the end of which was a church. There was a car parked in the church lot, it was night & deserted, so we figured we would siphon some gas outta that car for enough money to get to town, around 13 miles each way. We pulled into the church, got out & started siphoning; My cuz parked his old Rambler where my rental car is parked in the pic, but facing out just in case. Just then we saw a light orb coming straight for us from the graveyard; it was floating & did NOT look like it was being carried by someone. We jumped into his old Rambler & it wouldn't start, we got out, put her in 1st & popped the clutch. Lucky for us we were on top of a steep hill & able to get outta there, but hadda go past the graveyard again to get home. Scared hell outta us. This was in '66, but here is a pic of the church & graveyard as it looks today. The orb came from about 50 feet past my GF there.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Torren61, Kloun, johmica and 5 others like this.
  17. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

about 35 years ago, it was dark, I entered a side room in the garage, the lights were out but there was a very dull glow in a vague shape... just a flat ledge. I put my hand on it and took a few steps, sliding my hand on the ledge, feeling my way into the room and it hit me.... whatever that is shouldn't be here. I turned back and found the lights.... nothing there... just an empty room. I just had my hand on something in the middle of an empty room. no idea

Torren61, johmica, Steerforth and 3 others like this.
  18. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

I've had a few strange ones. Maybe the most interesting was as a teenager...maybe 15 years old. It was probably 1am or so and a friend and I were walking home, not talking, just walking. We lived in a lightly populated area in northern Ontario, Canada. There were very few street lights on the road we were walking on and absolutely no traffic. We were walking on the sidewalk approaching a street. We got to within a foot or so of stepping off the curb to cross the intersecting street and then we were back approaching the street again from maybe 6 feet away! We both stopped and looked at each other and I think it was me who spoke first asking if he just experienced something weird....yes he did...he had the same experience as I had. That was a weird one for sure.

A few months after my mother died, 1977, my father and I were sitting together watching TV one evening/ Something caught my attention at the entrance to the living room. I looked but didn't see anything...just felt a presence. I turned and looked at my father who was looking as well. We both had strongly felt the presence of my mother standing there briefly.

There have been other experiences but these ones stand out for me.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  19. kbold

kbold Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I was in my early twenties.
    A friend asked me to consult the I-Ching. His question was in regard to a female (of course).
    He wasn't clear about the answer, so asked me to retry. (Hmm ... can you see where this is going?)

In all my innocence, I consulted again.
    The reply was: 4) Meng / Youthful Folly
    "Youthful folly has success.
    It is not I who seek the young fool,
    The young fool seeks me.
    At first oracle I inform him.
    If he asks two or three times, it is importunity.
    If he importunes, I give him no information.
    Perseverance furthers."

Steerforth and tintag27 like this.
  20. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Afflicted

No, never

Everything not real is false. The thing is that you don't know why, but there is a physical explanation for everything.

You hear voices? there is an explanation
    You see shadows moving? same
    You see lights in the sky? also there
    You have an allucination, are abducted and wake up in a field with a great pain in the ass? there is also an explanation...

Steerforth and glenlivet like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.