1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Ultimate NEIL YOUNG 5E3!

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by P-Zilla, May 14, 2009.

1. Jebrone Lames

Jebrone Lames Banned

Neil Young sound you ask? Turn your amp up to 11 and leave it there at all times. Figure out the crappiest way to insert vibrato bar into your playing and make sure your writing and singing is so damn good that people can overlook/tolerate such terrible lead guitar...lol

2. Keala

Keala Tele-Meister

I would love to build another 5E3 to these specs! More details!!

3. zoran

zoran Tele-Meister

+1 on more deets!

4. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

I'm also watching this thread more detail, layout drawings and pics of the mods would be nice. I'm sourcing the parts for a 3rd 5E3 would like change it up some. Going back to your post about the greenback I have a greenback in one of mine ( blue in the other) The greenback sounded pretty good I did have tone tubby San Rafael in the amp 12" ceramic it was just OK. Now I have a good amount of hours on the GB and also bought it used but in the last couple weeks the sound has just come to life but I also put a matched set of TAD 6v6's in the Amp i've tried a few other 6V6's but the TADs are really standing out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.