The Ultimate Bedroom Rig

Ebidis

Friend of Leo's
This is my bedroom rig:
IMG_4368.JPG

I finally figured out that it's a helluva lot more practical at bedroom practice volume levels than the old tube amps and pedal board. Those stay at the jam space these days.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Early in my amp-acquisition phase, I bought a Peavey Classic twin. In the "bedroom" (my music room is a converted one) I keep it turned up pretty high and use the guitar volume to control it. It's clean and rich, and I like it fine. There's a lot in reserve, too, as much as I'd need for any place I might take it.

View attachment 754258

Sorta related question: I see acoustics, and I see a SWR California Blonde combo...do you specifically like playing the acoustics plugged in, even when quiet, or does that amp just get parked there while in the house?

I ask because when I had it, I used to think it was more fun to play my acoustic through my Acoustasonic Jr. than unplugged and actually acoustic.

red57strat

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
My Mesa Mark Five:25 combo has gotten the most use over the past several months. I've got amps that sound a little better at lower volume levels (Dr. Z Cure and Avatar 45) but this is more compact and versatile. It was new and a little over you budget, but you can find them used.

50205916503_c18616a560_b.jpg

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Sorta related question: I see acoustics, and I see a SWR California Blonde combo...do you specifically like playing the acoustics plugged in, even when quiet, or does that amp just get parked there while in the house?

I ask because when I had it, I used to think it was more fun to play my acoustic through my Acoustasonic Jr. than unplugged and actually acoustic.

I bought that because a friend had one and I thought it was the best acoustic amp I'd heard. I still think that. I play my acoustics unplugged mostly, but I do enjoy plugging them in once in a while. I use the California Blonde more often for singing, usually with one of my electrics, but sometimes with one of my Takamine acoustic-electrics.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
What’s your ultimate, non-headphone bedroom rig?

I’ve been thinking about a Marshall Origin 20 with a Wampler Pantheon and a Strymon Flint for non-headphone bedroom useage.

Then again, something from Orange with the Flint and one of those Orange Drive-By pedals might be nice, too. Maybe a Crush 60 or something with an attenuator. And perhaps a Bax Bangeetar for good measure.

What would be your ultimate bedroom rig if you had say, $1,000 to $1,500 USD to put one together?

The title promised so much but..............all bloody amps and pedals.

JRtele

Tele-Meister
i-vgs2zVP-M.jpg

Blackstar Fly 3.
Three watts of pure power out of a 3" speaker. :D;)
Hey, don't know it until you've tried it. It actually is fantastic. Has great tone, tape delay feature, is louder than it has a right to be.
You nailed it. I use it in my home office and love that my phone can play along with Bluetooth.
Got the extra speaker for a little bookshelf stereo system
image.jpg

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
Bedroom Rig doesn't make a ton of sense to me, or maybe I already have it? Truth be told, my Yamaha THR10C is all I have in my bedroom and I am extremely happy with it.
I AM interested in a second rig, and am kind of torn betwen the Pod Go (already mentioned here) and a good powered speaker, or a Vox or 18 watt Marshall combo of some kind. I suppose with a huge budget like the OP's $1500 I could have both.
I have no interest in buying any gear that I wouldn't or couldn't play a gig with, the Thr10C has that area covered pretty well. I also wouldn't want a giant kit that will take up a ton of space especially a second big pedalboard.