The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #145

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Jun 1, 2018.

1. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Thanks @Mjark not sure what happened there.

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

It's been a long day. I'll will comment tomorrow :)

estreet, NWinther, Bullfweet and 5 others like this.
  3. G-52

G-52 Tele-Meister

@fendrguitplayr - you captured the mood with a soulful track, I liked the trills especially.
    @jimilee - I liked that you started a distinct melody, played a nice dose of blues, and then closed with the melody; nicely done.
    @Bullfweet - sweet tone, beautiful actually... some jazzy runs; very professional sounding throughout. Country track sounded great also.
    @Mjark - sweet melody, lots of twang, love it! Reggae track had lots of emotion and some cool reggae licks. (@3:00)
    @udoering- nice fat country sound, especially like the cascading ending. Tandem guitars sounded great in the reggae track, a nice soulful production.
    @Mellencaster - liked both tracks.. you really nailed the country track imo; dropping that D was a good call:)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  4. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yes, give yourself a rest, you have earned it! Was that a dropped-D-tuning or did you use a bariton guitar? Anyhow, the opening of the country track flashed me. Sounds great.
    On the reggae track, one can hear melodic, laidback playing, but the icing on the cake is your added swirly rythm guitar, so decent but effective! A very good idea.

Mellencaster likes this.
  5. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

- And you ended it well. I loved the drop D. Nice laid back lines on the Reggae track.

fendrguitplayr and Mellencaster like this.
  6. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Let's try this again

NWinther, Bullfweet, Mjark and 4 others like this.
  7. udoering

@jjpish68 : well played track. Like the guitar sound and how you built it up, playing more intense towards the end.

G-52 and Wayfaring Pilgrim like this.
  8. Mellencaster

@G-52 Real nice mixture of double stops and blues lines .Sometimes melodic in sections
    @fendrguitplayr The tone is sweet with the flanger .The reggae vibe is there and very nice lines.
    @jimilee Indeed the tone is nice , soft but with some bite . Very nice phrasing!
    @Bullfweet Very nicely played and the harmony was sweet on the reggae track Mike! Country tone for miles and sweet pickins!
    @Mjark The first person I thought of when I heard your country track is Don Rich.Impressive!
    Sweet tone for a very nicely done reggae track.
    @udoering Dynamically played country take and it has that Bakersfield tone ,nice!It has a Gilmour feel and nice biting tone with a nice mixture of the second guitar for a sweet contrast.
    @jjpish68 Nicely played version , I quite like that tone with this track!

Bullfweet, Wayfaring Pilgrim and G-52 like this.
  9. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Good playing, tone and ideas.

10. Swingbass

Swingbass TDPRI Member

I chose the Reggae track. This is my Tele on the neck position through an Elevenrack patch L1 "Echo Champs". Thanks for listening

NWinther, udoering, Bullfweet and 3 others like this.
  11. Bullfweet

Bullfweet Tele-Meister

Thank’s for all the fine compliments on my tracks, all of you !!! And for taking the time to listen to them !!! I try to download the new tracks every week, play them a few times for ideas, get something that will pass, and when I come back, 2 weeks have passed, and it’s just old news. So, this time...I just downloaded em and did em. Funky notes and all, you get em... lol !!! Thanks guys, for your time, and kindness !!!

@Mellencaster Thank you for posting the nice tracks, Mike !!! I know it’s got to take a good bit of time looking for the cool ones for us... thanks for what you do !!!

@G-52 very nice playing and tone...love those doubles !!! :)

@fendrguitplayr Very nice playing !!! Excellent flow following the track changes...nice !!! :cool:

@jimilee Those Pents sound super nice...well played, with plenty of bite. Sits nicely in the mix :)

@Mjark Sweet Tele tone all the way !!! Great country pickin and phrasing right to the end !!! You’re getting better, aren’t yah ?? Sounds like it’s just flowing outta those hands of yours...nice, very nice !!! :cool: You Reggae is excellent stuff...yep, its sure got a Blues feeling, and sounds totally flawless...just more proof you’re getting solid as a rock:D

@udoering Excellent Country pickin !!! Loves them doubles...nice phrasing too, like a well planned trip, short, sweet, and to the point !!! Your Reggae Blues is Smack on, Ullrich !!! I love your lines, builds...excellent. The second guitar is “haunting” and very cool :D

@Mellencaster Yeow !!! Kick ass playing Mike !!! Excellent right from the beginning to the end. Loved the superb country stuffin in there, and it shines like mad :cool: Your Reggae is exceptional...I loved that tone and your use of effects...it just sits in the mix so nicely. Nice, Man, nice !!! :cool:

@jjpish68 Very nice tone and phrasing there...it sits right out front, where it needs to be !!! Great lines and licks all the way. Sweet !!! :D

12. knh555

knh555 Tele-Meister

Here's my go:

NWinther, udoering, Bullfweet and 4 others like this.
  13. Wayfaring Pilgrim

Wayfaring Pilgrim TDPRI Member

NWinther, Swingbass, udoering and 4 others like this.
  14. G-52

G-52 Tele-Meister

...another log on the fire:)

15. Mellencaster

@Swingbass Nice lines played all through and lovely tone.

@knh555 Joining both tracks was cool. Nicely thought out on the country and the reggae tracks both were very nice.

@Wayfaring Pilgrim Nicely performed track!

@G-52 It's pretty sweet Andrew ,double stops and all.

Maybe I should've watch the video first ;)

16. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

@Swingbass Just a hint of dirt with good riffs throughout.
    @knh555 The overdriven tone worked well and the combining tracks was cool.
    @Wayfaring Pilgrim Screamin demon guitar riffage from the get-go.
    @G-52 The clean double stops sound sweet. Nice tone and riffs.
    @Mellencaster Very nice tone and playing on both tracks. I liked the surf reggae vibe you had and
    the country intro was real nice and kept going.

17. Bullfweet

Bullfweet Tele-Meister

@Swingbass Nice licks !!! Great mellow tone...soulful chops!!! :cool:

@knh555 Great idea...put both together :) Both tracks had very tasty passages throughout :D

@Wayfaring Pilgrim Smoking hot tone !!! Sweet burning riffage with plenty of musical depth...nice :cool:

@G-52 Ha !!! I liked it :D Great phrasing and excellent note choices...and country sweet tone :)

Mike C.

Wayfaring Pilgrim and G-52 like this.
  18. udoering

@Swingbass : the Tele neck pickup I always liked as much as the bridge pu. Good choice! Your track has a (little) jazzy mood; good work.
    @knh555 : ha, I was puzzled, reading the title of the track (overlooking the word "country") and the hearing the first notes; indeed, I had thought about doing the same. The country track was transformed into something else; I like that. Reggea part: you also made this your very own.
    @Wayfaring Pilgrim : excellent version; lovely sound, good playing throughout, well built up.
    @G-52 : that´s your playground, isn´t it!

Wayfaring Pilgrim and G-52 like this.
  19. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Busy times...made these this morning....

And that other one....

20. Mellencaster

NWinther Passionate playing Niels on the reggae track! Nicely played on the country one too!

G-52 and NWinther like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.