The Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track - Week #118

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

Listened to everyones tracks. Now after a second listen my comments:

Niels - I love your sense of humor with your track title and the anarchist comment but I'm afraid we'll have to issue demerits for your not being a SRV fan! Some nice soloing in there as you are feeling your way through the track - definitely not flotsam.

Mike - Beautiful emotive soloing and tone - very sweet and passonate playing. Liked your outro chord.

Carl - I think you provided some nice blues grit and some cool melodic phrasing with you guitar work. Nice!

Ulrich - Beautifully mixed and played. Love that reverb effect. Your passion is evident on this track. Great range of tone and sweet melodic and bluesy soloing!

Mark - You would have stayed this track with that tone and those blues lines with a more fully developed idea of where you wanted to go with this. Awesome track in progress IMHO!

JC - Awesome! Another beautifully emotive version of this backer. Very cool harmonic and whammy bar technique. Masterful wailing on that axe, making it sing and cry, wringing great emotion out of it.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. Alan L Cole

I did not change the key or tune down. Just toughed out that half step position.

3. rainbowbear998

rainbowbear998 Tele-Meister

Here's my take on it - I play mostly jazz stuff in a small group, so Eb is a fairly familiar key for me. It's not so easy with a missing B string though.

G-52, Raimonds, NWinther and 4 others like this.
  4. Alan L Cole

Some cool ideas here Rainbowbear998. I like your mix or fusion of blues and jazz and that guitar bridge at 2:53 is sweet. Cool chords and nice tone and technique and all sans the B string! Nice!

rainbowbear998 likes this.
  5. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I concur with Alan's comment.Nice!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    rainbowbear998 likes this.
  6. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@JCL50 : you got me with the first notes: sound, feeling, phrasing - just beautiful! I also dig your ascending gain.

@rainbowbear998 : Alan´s right.

JCL50 likes this.
  7. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Heh oh well I am no SRV fan....I had had more than enough in the early 90's.....
    I grew up on alot of Rory Gallagher...never understood the fuzz about SRV?? I dig Jimmie Vaughan though..
    And then came all the clones...almost made me quit playing the strat..... ;)

He made a few things that I really like....so I would never diss him in any way, plus I loved reading the articles with him in the old GP magasines, as he had alot of intersting stuff to say!
    I just had enough real fast, as I have heard alot of other blues players....it was nothing new to me, so I never got the enormous hype surrounding him and Double Trouble....and there is a band I cannot stand one bit...not my kind of stuff....I know that it is a big thing in the guitarplaying world....sorry my taste is not in that way...while wide and diverse...not that!
    I have sold all my records...yes I bought it to hear what all the fuzz was about....but it just never catched on....and a few months ago my wife was going to a fleamarket to sell some of our stuff, she was handed all the records that I had...sell them would you please? :D

Thanks to all for the nice words :) I was being really contrary...doing total off notes and strange off the beat stuff....even set my delay for a really out there endless repeats....just to sound nothing like the original.

Loads of nice takes..... :) It is always fun doing something you do normally not touch.

G-52 likes this.
  8. Alan L Cole

Diverse tastes and diverse music - it's all good and I wouldn't want it any other way.

NWinther likes this.
  9. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nah...7 minutes I don't think so. Maybe in a live setting I could play that long, not on this though.

NWinther likes this.
  10. Raimonds

Raimonds Tele-Meister

I'm late to the party, anyway, my wanking over this track:

Mjark, Alan L Cole, udoering and 3 others like this.
  11. Mellencaster

Raimonds I really like the neck pickup ,wonderful tone. Melodic! Nicely done!

12. G-52

G-52 Tele-Meister

Sneaking one in; I played it, so I might as well post it:) probably shouldn’t have used the intro to warm up...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  13. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@Raimonds : a nice tone indeed! very appropriate playing, it seems to me that you really settled in the track after the first half. Nice lines!

@G-52 : I had also thought about playing something along the intro, but the decided to skip the intro completely- especially as jazz is unknown territory to me. What comes after the intro sounds as if you carefully feel your way into the track - nice!

G-52 likes this.
  14. rainbowbear998

rainbowbear998 Tele-Meister

There’s some really sweet chord work throughout the first two minutes or so - you’ve also got a cool guitar sound going on there.

G-52 likes this.
  15. Mellencaster

@G-52 I like the chord play mixed among the soloing , it gives a nice jazz feel and the guitar tone is quite favorable. Nice work.

G-52 likes this.
  16. Alan L Cole

Raimonds, that is a beautifully played track! Great tone and emotive soloing.

17. Alan L Cole

Some nice pickin' Andrew and country cool clean tone. I thought it was funny that you warmed up over the SRV intro.

G-52 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.