The Tube Screamer Club!

Midgetje94

Friend of Leo's
I ran one for years before I got the Earthquaker devices Plumes (tube screamer with a couple more settings)

Friend of Leo's
I trust minis count? :cool:

20220405_194358.jpg

jman72

Friend of Leo's
My trusty TS-7 sandwiched in between my other favorite dirt/OD pedals. Not green, but supposedly the same circuit as the TS-9, plus it has the "hot" switch for added gain. For the $25 I paid for it used over 10 years ago, it works great. I've often thought of getting a "real" TS, or a boutique one, but I just can't justify it for vanity's sake. tubescreamer.jpg

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
This is a club for tube screamers. Ibanez or clones welcome. I own an Ibanez TS808 and a Behringer TO800 Vintage Tube Overdrive clone and the two sound nearly identical.

Yeah... JHS did a video where he put the TO800 up against a 1st edition, black label, og TS808 to show that they
do indeed have little to none of that whole difference -thing.

Should be this one:

Personally I have a Mooer Green Mile and a TS808.
The difference is underwhelming there as well.

I guess green sounds like green.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Maxon OD808 and Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive. The Sparkle has been great with the extra ability to mix in clean signal to the vintage 808 circuit; the Maxon compared to it has a nice slightly warmer/darker quality.

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
I obtained a TS9 from Hollywood Guitar Center in Y2K because “Stevie used it” (not the one I bought but I was told by Guitar World that’s what he used).
I hooked it up, had no idea what it was doing and puti it away.
I finally built a pedal board in 2020 (!) I learned what it can do (and what it can’t) and realized what a valuable effect it is. I can make my Heritage 555 bridge ‘bucker sing like “Strange Brew” and the middle position do “Outside Women Blues“ with aplomb.
Good thing I exchanged my ProSonic for a Blues Junior, the window in my studio would need to be replaced.
Very often I look at the Keely D&M I’m following on Reverb and say to myself “Self, why not? You can afford it” Then Self says “because you already have a TS9”.
And that, as they say, is that.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Bad Monkey; last pedal before I split the signal to two amps. Good for pushing the tube overdrives that immediately follow it, but I'm really digging my modded BD-2 lately:

20220313_122346.jpg

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
I have a Mooer Green Mile. My one & only TS.
When I first tried it I had the controls set as I would with my other OD pedals, and it sounded terrible.
I then tweaked the gain/vol on the amp & the pedal. And that was it. Been on my board ever since.

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
My own version:
IMG_20211117_204336544.jpg

Slightly modified BYOC Classic Overdrive. I accidentally hit a perfect blend that sounds great with my Strat, Tele, and Gretsch Hollow body.

Platefire

Friend of Leo's
Since I'm a TS freak here goes. My first TS was actually a VS-1 Route 66 with the compressor. loved that dirt!!
Later got a Joyo Vintage Overdrive. Later picked up a TS-5, TS-808 and then a TS-9. Last TS variation I got
was a VS Route 808. I still got all of them except the Joyo. That's all my favorite dirt:>)