The Tremolo Club

Bluego1

Friend of Leo's
Can we see what sin the bed? that is AWESOME!!!!
Here ya go.
qgchsV4.jpg

Treehouse

Tele-Holic
cool.

which pedal did you find was a better build experience?

do you prefer one over the other?
The Quaverado is a bit more complex so there are many more steps involved but I built them each in one sitting. Both fired up functioning fire try. They both included very thorough, easy to follow instructions/directions. I also had prompt, excellent communication with each company prior to assembly.

I built the Luna first. RJ’s youtube demo sold me. It’s based on the Temulus Loon, has a wonderfully warm sound, and takes up much less real estate on the board. I like to keep it set with a bit more of a heavy chop most of the time.

Then, thanks to Joey Landreth, I decided I needed a harmonic tremolo and tap tempo seemed appealing. The Quaverato had been on my radar for a while. Talking to @TokyoPortrait stoked the gas and sealed the deal. It certainly does more, although I really don’t use the tap tempo and kind of just keep it set to a mild, harmonic pulse.

So, I have them both on the board, even if a bit redundant. I have different preferred settings for both and I’m pretty handy at making small adjustments to each on the fly… with my big toe. But for some reason, they don’t make me play as well as Ronquillo or Landreth.

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
The Quaverado is a bit more complex so there are many more steps involved but I built them each in one sitting. Both fired up functioning fire try. They both included very thorough, easy to follow instructions/directions. I also had prompt, excellent communication with each company prior to assembly.

I built the Luna first. RJ’s youtube demo sold me. It’s based on the Temulus Loon, has a wonderfully warm sound, and takes up much less real estate on the board. I like to keep it set with a bit more of a heavy chop most of the time.

Then, thanks to Joey Landreth, I decided I needed a harmonic tremolo and tap tempo seemed appealing. The Quaverato had been on my radar for a while. Talking to @TokyoPortrait stoked the gas and sealed the deal. It certainly does more, although I really don’t use the tap tempo and kind of just keep it set to a mild, harmonic pulse.

So, I have them both on the board, even if a bit redundant. I have different preferred settings for both and I’m pretty handy at making small adjustments to each on the fly… with my big toe. But for some reason, they don’t make me play as well as Ronquillo or Landreth.

Cool. thanks for the info.

Watched a lot of RJ's stuff. great player!

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

anyone built one of these?

Sorry, I missed that. I often miss stuff due to the time zone thing. Whole conversions can go on that I'm not aware of at all. Or, not until someone in a more matching time zone ads to the thread.

I like tremolo. When I got my Vox AC4-HW1 for at home, I first bought a tremolo rather than a reverb for some space / life / movement.

talking to @TokyoPortrait stoked the gas and sealed the deal. It certainly does more, although I really don’t use the tap tempo and kind of just keep it set to a mild, harmonic pulse.

Yeah, I found the Quaverato easy to build. No big deal. Just took a while.

I fussed a bit over finding the crossover frequencies I like. That took several goes. Not hard, but you have to take the case apart to access the dip switches.

I find I don't really need many of the options. The multiplier is nice but would be better as a switch I think, 1:1 and 1:2 would be enough, maybe 1:4 as well? I have it on 1:2. I have the 'Spacing' mostly set to middle. And, I tend to use only the sine or square waveform options. The 'Harmonic Mix' doesn't really seem to do too much for me. I suspect I am doing something wrong here. I'd prefer a wet / dry blend control.

So, mostly I have it set to a mild harmonic tremolo with a sine wave, really only varying the depth and rate. Just to add subtle texture / movement - often you only notice it when it is turned off. Or, I set it to the regular tremolo and use the square waveform to add that kind of choppy arrangement effect. Mostly just those two things.

I can see though, if you were in a studio and creating parts very carefully (not my approach :rolleyes: ) then the ability to vary the spacing, or to use ramp up and ramp down waveforms, etc. could be very useful. You can get things to sit or fit perfectly.

The volume control seems to have drifted on mine. It was set to have unity at around noon, but now unity is about 9 o'clock. Not a problem, but something has gone on there.

I noticed this recently. I like the look (sound) of it. This is the artists series version, which I think mostly means different artwork, and in this case, one artist preset. If I was looking for reverb and tremolo today (whether combined or separate), I think I'd be going with this, as the regular model.

Pax/
Dean

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
Hi.

Sorry, I missed that. I often miss stuff due to the time zone thing. Whole conversions can go on that I'm not aware of at all. Or, not until someone in a more matching time zone ads to the thread.

I like tremolo. When I got my Vox AC4-HW1 for at home, I first bought a tremolo rather than a reverb for some space / life / movement.

Yeah, I found the Quaverato easy to build. No big deal. Just took a while.

I fussed a bit over finding the crossover frequencies I like. That took several goes. Not hard, but you have to take the case apart to access the dip switches.

I find I don't really need many of the options. The multiplier is nice but would be better as a switch I think, 1:1 and 1:2 would be enough, maybe 1:4 as well? I have it on 1:2. I have the 'Spacing' mostly set to middle. And, I tend to use only the sine or square waveform options. The 'Harmonic Mix' doesn't really seem to do too much for me. I suspect I am doing something wrong here. I'd prefer a wet / dry blend control.

So, mostly I have it set to a mild harmonic tremolo with a sine wave, really only varying the depth and rate. Just to add subtle texture / movement - often you only notice it when it is turned off. Or, I set it to the regular tremolo and use the square waveform to add that kind of choppy arrangement effect. Mostly just those two things.

I can see though, if you were in a studio and creating parts very carefully (not my approach :rolleyes: ) then the ability to vary the spacing, or to use ramp up and ramp down waveforms, etc. could be very useful. You can get things to sit or fit perfectly.

The volume control seems to have drifted on mine. It was set to have unity at around noon, but now unity is about 9 o'clock. Not a problem, but something has gone on there.

I noticed this recently. I like the look (sound) of it. This is the artists series version, which I think mostly means different artwork, and in this case, one artist preset. If I was looking for reverb and tremolo today (whether combined or separate), I think I'd be going with this, as the regular model.

Pax/
Dean

good info.

I ordered the kit today....bored and looking to build and have fun

Mike M

Tele-Afflicted
Tube Bias Tremolo is my god!

I love it on the new 68 Vibro Custom Champ (in background)

IMG_3864 (3).jpg

radtz

Tele-Holic
How about a Pigtronix Philosopher's King. It has entire ASDR section with separate swell and fade channels. Both are velocity sensitive which can be can be adjusted and have every parameter controllable. You can also use up to 3 expression pedals to control various parameters. Yep... I'm completely clueless on how to actually use that part of the pedal.

I love the compressor/sustainer with EQ and overdrive section though.