The Tele Won't Break - Indestructible

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Wilson 888, Mar 26, 2016.

1. oldgofaster

oldgofaster Tele-Meister

partially due to some impaired judgement after celebrating a Syracuse basketball victory

I'm don't know you and I'm not better than you. I used to do similar things under the influence.

As a former Professional binge-drinker until age 44, you might want to check your alcohol intake.

My buddy's wife said to us 'Drunk ain't pretty if you ain't drunk'.....sobriety is like hitting the reset button on your life.

2. deadicated

deadicated Tele-Holic

Man, cut this guy some slack it was his guitar, that he can break as he sees fit. Not something I would do to mine but I don't want to be told what I can or can't do with them either. On top of it all he's a drunk now because he made a poor decision while under the influence. We all need to sit back take a deep breath and let the dood express his inner rock star however he sees fit as long as no one else is being harmed and he's busting up his own things.

badvoodoo likes this.
  3. badvoodoo

badvoodoo TDPRI Member

LOL! Rock 'n' Roll??? That was PURE PUNK!

4. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's

Guy posts his antics on youtube. Why should he be cut some slack? The guy did something and made it public, absolutely asking people to comment on it!? Why should we cut him some slack? Does he need some kind of help? I mean I would cut a person with downs syndrome some slack if they did that. but this is an adult demonstrating something to a younger person, and then posting his act for all the world to see. If the point is that it's a demonstration of rock and roll attitude, then part of that attitude would be not caring what people think, so again why cut the guy some slack? Yeah sure, i don't really care what people do to their own property, but the guy posted it so that people would comment

5. deadicated

deadicated Tele-Holic

Why should we cut him some slack? Well I will because despite his transgressions it's the kind thing to do and I am happier when I'm nice to people. As far as you I don't really care what you do it doesn't affect me in any way, kinda like him throwing his guitar.

songtalk likes this.
  6. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

damn right. now, let's go wreak some havoc with our telecasters.

7. Wilson 888

Wilson 888 TDPRI Member

After lurking this forum for years, I naively assumed that most people on here would get a kick out of the post and comment on how truly tough the Tele is. I didn't foresee some of these philosophical condemnations and what not. Some people need to lighten up, IMO.

But what I still don't understand is how some of these people missed the point. The two Teles still feel, play, and sound just like they did before. I didn't break anything or lose any of my hard earned money! Nobody on earth lost anything! Playing with the band remains the same, and my two sons will likely play these same exact Teles when they get older, and I doubt there will be any complaints (unless they want a Les Paul).

The Tele is tough and it holds up - hence the point. And that's all I have to say about that.

8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

This videos wasn't a revelation to anyone, this is preaching to a choir--we all know Gibson guitars snap necks by looking at them funny and you can go to bat with a Tele and play a show later. This wasn't punk or rock n roll, it was just YouTubery...like a guitar episode with Johnny Knoxville, all for the "likes" (and dislikes). If you are putting on a serious 'demonstration' yet say everyone who disapproves should "lighten up"....then what's the point?

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Steve NB and Bysen like this.
  10. Wilson 888

Wilson 888 TDPRI Member

Good point. Can't argue with that. I was about 17 when Jackass came out, so it likely had an influence on me. Some of the stupid stuff my friends used to do shortly after that show came out...

11. Chabenda

Chabenda TDPRI Member

I have had mine fall off the top of a 3m speaker stack and land face down on the floor. A little piece of wood under the scratch plate, between the neck and the pickup cavity, broke out and that was that. They are incredibly tough but - I wouldn't deliberately throw mine against the wall. After having her for the last 26 years, I have too much respect and love for her.

12. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

Nuts but funny.

13. Wilson 888

Wilson 888 TDPRI Member

and Keef just keeps on playin. Just another day in the office.

phaedrus likes this.
  14. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

15. Old Has Been

Old Has Been Tele-Meister

Okay...let's all remember one of the cardinal rules of this forum: "Treat everyone with respect, no matter how difficult."

That being said, while I respect his right to do anything he darn well pleases with his Telecaster or any of his other possessions, I seriously doubt that I would ever intentionally throw one of my guitars against a wall. To me, they are not only tools that help me accomplish what I want to accomplish, they are also works of fine craftsmanship. As a result, it behooves me to keep them in the best working order as possible, no matter how seemingly indestructible they seem.

Just my two cents worth, and probably not even that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.