The Tele Won't Break - Indestructible

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Wilson 888, Mar 26, 2016.

1. rute

rute TDPRI Member

I guess that's why they call it dope.

badvoodoo likes this.
  2. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Lol. Why am I not surprised to see you're from Philadelphia... ;). Don't you know you're going to give these old timers here heart attacks with shenanigans like that? "These young whipper-snappers don't know any respect" "get off my lawn!" "It's gotta be real butterscotch blonde, not that fake color they got nowadays!" Etc.. Etc...

(One time I asked if anyone had ever smashed a guitar on stage... The response was... Not great.)

3. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Oh man...I cringe when young kids run past my tele while its sitting in a floor stand ..... this thread was like the ole... could not drive by a crash site and not look scenario..but after your first heave ho...I couldn't watch any more... broke my heart

4. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Can you see why people said it would break you first though ;)

5. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

sorry dude............but stupid, just plain stupid!

PaulieBoy and tce63 like this.
  6. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.

Ron R and tce63 like this.
  7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah; the OP had a momentele lapse of reason!

P Thought and teleaddicted like this.
  8. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

Dude... To intentionally do that is just ********....that said, Fenders are tough. I once had a 300# clumsy behemoth trip onstage and slam my AmSe Strat down on a wood stage with all his weight.... I was traumatized until I picked up my Strat and launched into Johnny B. Goode....and it was still in tune..,true story..,and that MF SLAMMED my guitar to the floor with his full fat weight pushing it down.

tce63 likes this.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Epic first post. If your goal was to create an indelible first impression, you totally succeeded: every person who sees that video will have a strong opinion about you, one way or the other. ;)

P Thought and tce63 like this.
  10. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Unfortunately, the opinion will be only one way.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
    badvoodoo and tce63 like this.
  11. teletubby25

teletubby25 Tele-Meister

Step awaaay from the crack pipe dude. That was just dumb. P.s. welcome

tce63 likes this.
  12. irie

irie Tele-Holic

what I want to know is, what did you do to destroy your credibility so badly that this was the only way to restore it?

tce63 likes this.
  13. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Man Cards ain't cheap, yo. :D

Jakeboy and irie like this.
  14. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Im 66 yrs old, and have been trying to understand the younger genetation. This sure didn't help me at all! Good Lord...

overlock, PaulieBoy, tce63 and 2 others like this.
  15. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Friend of Leo's

Well, the rest aside, that is true. I stopped using wall hangers when I once accidentally knocked my Jazz bass off of a bad one and it crashed 3 feet to the floor. Made quite the racket, but didn't leave a mark or even knock it out of tune........

Jakeboy likes this.
  16. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Holy lord that was hilarious. I mean, it wasn't my tele. I don't even want one like it....there are a bajillion teles that he didnt throw out there waiting to be discovered. Also, this thread is priceless.

Carry on.

Lobomov likes this.
  17. jaybones

jaybones Friend of Leo's

I'm actually not surprised. I've seen guitar smashing rock star have trouble busting up Fender instruments. Usually the body splits or the neck screws pull out of the neck, but I've never seen the neck or headstock snap off like the Gibsons.

My first real band I was in, I was sitting on the drummer's kit showing him some rudiments (was a drummer for a couple years in high school), and he wanted to play my Stratocaster. He picked it up without asking, and I said "Hey, careful with that!" He said something like "I'm not going to do anything with it, I just want to check it out." I said he couldn't, and he leaned it back where it had been leaning against my amp, but where I had it leaning backward and well balanced he set it down almost straight up. It fell forward onto it's face, onto the concrete basement floor. Hit pretty hard, and the edge of the maple board hit the leg of one of his cymbal stands.

I jumped up, grabbed my guitar, checked it out and it was fine. He said he was sorry, and I quickly forgot about it. Now, if there'd been damage, would have been a different story.

tce63 likes this.
  18. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Meister

I treat my guitars as tools, but similarly would never open my toolbox and throw drills etc against a wall!!

19. PaisleyAddict

PaisleyAddict Tele-Meister

if you can't see how rock and roll it is to throw your telecaster against a wall and prove how unbreakable it is, i don't know. maybe you're too old.

badvoodoo, Blue Bill and songtalk like this.
  20. Wilson 888

Wilson 888 TDPRI Member

It was some zany, harmless fun to be had on a rare Friday night. Perhaps also a byproduct of my warped sense of humor. I don't know what it says about my generation or anything (I'm 34). People “relic” their guitars all the time, which was essentially the end result of this.

The thing is, had I done the same thing to my SG, I wouldn't have been able to play it in band practice tonight, which I did do with my Tele as if nothing had happened. Just another day in the neighborhood as far as the band was concerned. Teles rule, and Leo Fender was a genius and all that stuff. Rock on!

songtalk likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.