"The Sweet Spot"

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
I'm referencing the best tone I get from my Acoustic guitars in relation to humidity. I keep my music room / man cave between 40 to 45% humidity, I can tell when the room is closer to 40 VS 45% the guitars are so responsive and seem to resonate better. I don't ever let it drop below 38% without starting my humidifier. But boy at 40 to 43 they just sound at there best. Does anyone else seem to find this to be true with their instruments?

If I am playing a lot I keep most of my guitars out on a multi stand I built so the humidity levels are the same in each guitar.

IMG_20200612_103811014 (1).jpg

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I confess that I haven’t noticed but I mostly play my acoustic out on the front porch when the weather’s warmer. It’s not too humid in spring and early summer and there are too many mosquitoes to play comfortably outdoors in late summer. My electrics don’t seem to care except for seasonal truss rod adjustments.

Freeman Keller

Poster Extraordinaire
While I do humidify my music room it still varies a lot. However my guitars all stay in their cases with a little sponge/baggie humidifier in each one. I honestly can't say I can hear a difference but my goal is to keep them from drying out and cracking.

Dukex

Tele-Afflicted
Interesting subject. I've always wondered about this.

BTW, I love your guitar rack. You can do amazing things with PVC.

Love your hat on the guitar stand as well. Cool class!

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
Interesting subject. I've always wondered about this.

BTW, I love your guitar rack. You can do amazing things with PVC.

Love your hat on the guitar stand as well. Cool class!
Thanks, it was very inexpensive to make and I think to me about an hour and half to complete