1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

The Subway Stank

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ukepicker, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Any time is a good time to give up smoking!!!!! Seriously, apart from the stink and the damage it does to your lungs and most of your other organs, I don't know how you can afford to smoke. I learned my lesson in my late 30's when a doctor informed me I could Kark it any time due to the accumulation of crap in my lungs and other complications caused by nicotine. I was virtually a chain smoker and went cold turkey!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Please chuck the weed!!!!!!!!!

Forget the name of the poison but they used to infuse a chemical which prolonged and aided the burning process. The same stuff apparently used to cause cancers in laboratory mice!!!!

DC

Tonetele, johnny k and HoodieMcFoodie like this.
  2. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

Which weed are we talking about here?

johnny k likes this.
  3. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, if you smoke-the Subway bread issues arent going to be your biggest issue.
    Jus' sayin'

4. Maricopa

Maricopa Friend of Leo's

I dunno about you guys, but smoky bar smell is the only thing that I ever noticed following me home.

WTH could Subway even smell like besides bread, meat and cheese? :confused:

5. Weazel

Weazel Tele-Holic

Three pages... It's a strange crowd in here.
    Smells kinda funky too.

Manual Slim likes this.
  6. Martinp

Martinp Tele-Afflicted

I avoid Subway because I live on Long Island and we have a Deli in every shopping center, I cant believe anyone would go in there where there are other options.
    Kinda like Pizza Hut

Chiogtr4x and studio1087 like this.
  7. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

There's a commonly used preservative called calcium propanoate...or calcium propionate...which interferes with microorganisms and makes bread last longer. It's been banned in a number of countries but is still used a LOT in most...and particularly in fast food like Subway.

The problem is that there is an increasing amount of research results showing that our gut biome...the bacteria that live in our digestive tracts and help us digest food...is much more important than we've thought and if it gets out of whack it has a huge effect on our health. And we are really just learning how much we don't know about it.
    But it's pretty clear that ingesting stuff like calcium propionate is a very, very bad idea.

To their credit, McDonalds removed calcium propianate from their buns a few years ago, for this reason.

8. vgallagher

vgallagher Tele-Meister

Lennys, Firehouse, Jersey Mike’s, anything but Subway

9. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Vietnamese rolls are very much favoured here also. In fact, I've just come home from dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant, The Vietnamese Village, and as we have done well in my state, there were sixty people allowed. The owner, Lup, has an incredible life story. He's the same age as my bro, bro-in- law, and escaped via Thailand, etc. wonderful food and lovely people.
    Vietnamese are very well liked here.

BigDaddyLH likes this.
  10. Tonetele

On the subject of smoking in food outlets I remember telling a couple off over 30 years ago as it has been banned here for so long. No smoking anywhere in public, only outside.
    Australia has a 15% smoking rate and the government wants to tax it out of existence as it costs the health system so much. Apparently a packet of cigarettes is near on $50!! How do smokers survive ( literally).
    Anyway, no smokes around food, not in Aus.

Manual Slim likes this.
  11. Davecam48

Regarding the fact that Vietnamese are liked in Australia..............I have a mate I went right through primary and secondary school with that was conscripted and went to Vietnam during the conflict. I volunteered at the time as my "number" didn't get drawn in the "conscription raffle!" I tried to volunteer but the the medical resulted in me finding out I had a heart "murmur" and a leaky valve and was rejected.

Merv went on and did two tours there and was shrapnel wounded near the end of his second tour. Merv lives in northern Australia and now plays tennis with "Uncle Than" who was a V.C. Unit Commander, and they are good friends!!!

Ain't life cool!!!!

DC

kingofdogs1950 and Tonetele like this.
  12. Paulie_Boy

Paulie_Boy Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jeepers, I really like Subway. Never noticed a raunchy smell. I like their bread, iced tea and cookies. My local store is always clean and the kids behind the counter are courteous.

13. Tonetele

I have been recovering from an Aorta valve replacement. Feel much better.
    Love my Vietnamese, Thai, Balinese, Indonesian , Chinese - all Asian foods.

14. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Finally got around to watching the movie Parasite last night. There was a part where saying someone smelled like the subway was an ultimate insult.

15. Davecam48

Hi T.T. I had a valve job in 2013 at the recommendation of my GP, it had never bothered me but was done so I might have a long and fruitful life making "stuff" in the Sawdust Factory. I was back home in Bundy from Brisbane in three days and things in that department have been OK ever since.

The noisy valve was the reason I never got conscripted as in post #56 two up from here. Good luck with your recuperation!

DC

16. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

Same here,
    I haven't had Subway or Pizza Hut in. 10+ years.
    Yet I eat Pizza and some kind of sub at least once a week.

( not really passing harsh judgment on either so much as there are just much better tasting ocal options)

17. ViciousDoctor

ViciousDoctor TDPRI Member

Bahn Mi the undisputed King of Sandwiches...now have at me detractors!:)

18. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

You eat at a place called “Subway Sandwiches” and yet you’re surprised at the smell?

Humans crack me up.

19. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

People write what they know!
    Every thread is about more than its title anyway.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Weazel likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.