The Stratocaster Club.

whoanelly15

Tele-Afflicted
image.jpg

Ed Driscoll

Friend of Leo's
Here's the current Strato-fleet:

1983 Fender '57 Stratocaster Reissue and Late '90s MiM Roland-Ready Strat. The R7 Strat was the closest I could get at the time to Eric Clapton's fabled "Blackie," and was one of my favorite guitars in the 1980s, for both recording demos, and playing with the band.

i-FvSmSSZ-X2.jpg

Lake Placid Blue Squier Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster, which I bought last year when my wife and I were spending the occasional weekend in a nearby rented Vrbo home, as the unfortunate unnameable unpleasantness made vacation travel otherwise near-impossible. It's now my home office noodling-around guitar:

i-VXRmSrv-X2.jpg

Nashville-Tuned Squier Classic Vibe '60s Candy Apple Red Stratocaster, for doubling rhythm parts in the jangly Nashville tuning:

i-txpF67B-X2.jpg

Last edited:

colchar

Friend of Leo's
That's a beauty, it really is. But it can be even more striking.

You should replace the knobs and pickup covers with some fresh new white plastic...and (and this is the real killer move) replace that black pickguard with a white one. That silver finish with white plastic would be incredible.

I'm curious how that might look.

jhamnett

TDPRI Member
Here's my '93 Strat Plus DLX, quite modified. BG pickups (V60-V60-S90). Swapped the pickguard. Installed a S1 switch for Strat-X. Gotoh bridge in place of the Fender Floyd Rose.

Next step is to replace the tone circuit for a G&L PTB setup so I can get some bass roll-off on the series pickup combos.

Strat.jpg